• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I just feel like if you weren't spending most of your gaming time during that console generation playing Melee, Battlefield, UT, or one of Blizzard's big 3 titles, then something is wrong with you as a person. There were a few other games worth playing, but nothing worth devoting large amounts of time to.

Armored Core would be acceptable too but like no one played it =(

oh and mvc2. Why you *****es leavin out the Dreamcast?

Iliad

Smash Lord
Oh god Unreal Tournament... I ****ing miss that game. **** this new halo knock off ****. I'm talking original UT...

"YOU SUCK"

"OOOH NASTY"

"EAT IT"

"DIE, *****"

Oh yeah and Mikey-mike. The only reason you dislike GC is cause they didn't have FF. If they retained the rights to final fantasy after the SNES you'd be the biggest Nintendo Fanboy on the planet, don't even QQ. lol

Ulevo

Smash Master
Yo.

Just wanted to ask everyone.

How's the Smash scene in the GTA right now? For Brawl or Melee? Thriving? Tourneys? Dead? Need to know if it's worth investing my time in to to travel or if I should redirect my time and attention else where.

Also, what's this Nintendo hype at E3 all about? I didn't hear a thing. Someone wanna fill me in?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
oh and mvc2. Why you *****es leavin out the Dreamcast?
I was a lucky one who had two copies of it for PS2. Someone got me it for my birthday even though I already owned it, but I have 0 complaints. :) Its rarity led to $150 in my pocket.

Speaking of rare games, is anyone here lucky enough to own a copy of Earthbound? I lost my copy when I moved to Brampton, and it makes me very sad to this day.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I can tell that you're butthurt just by the fact that you're still debating this. Iliad is right, the Gamecube was superior in hardware to the PS2. But the Gamecube still sucked, because the titles make the console. The main reason PS2 was successful as a console because of the multitude of amazing titles it had. The reason the Gamecube was a failure is because of the lack of good titles it had in comparison to the PS2, or even the Xbox.

LOL, Phen.
Not only am I not butthurt (and please argue with respect)
you only answered half my question. Why would u b happy if I was butthurt?

I'd assume by my replies there's no scene going on whatsoever?
There is a thriving scene here. We're averaging at 2 tourneys a month this summer. I even have a brawl & Brawl+ tourney coming up this weekend.

Here is the Link : http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=276802

I would love if u came (with a TV and a Wii if possible ;) (and don't be shy to bring more than one lol))

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Yeah Ulevo, the Brawl scene is surprisingly stronger than it was last summer (*remembers tourneys struggling to reach 20 attendees :urg:*)

.Marik

is a social misfit
and the gamecube's little handle makes it an effective bludgeoning weapon.
LOL.

I lived in a foster home where a kid used it exactly like that.

Took it by the handle, and threw it down the stairs at a kid's face, breaking his nose.

Good times.

Ulevo, you really should come out to play some Brawl+ with us at Tin Man's tournament.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Qu'est-ce que 'clutch'?

Est-il jouer R.O.B.? Non? Est-il jouer comme un homosexuel? Non?

Qu'est-ce que c'est? Je ne peux pas comprendre!

Oh, je sais! C'est quand votre tournoi ne commence pas avant vingt-deux heures!

Gichan

Smash Champion
omg, I love that this thread is back to life. Missed a lot but have some things to say.

GC was best gen in terms of hardware. But I would put it as follows; PS2, GC, XBOX, reason being that the xbox also had ****ty games after it's initial release. Guys don't let the 360 fool you, the reason it was the first og the new gen to come out was because XBOX died pretty badly. Nowhere near as bad as Dreamcast, but badly. I know, cause all three systems were in my place, we bough games for all three.

And GC's titles weren't THAT bad just that PS2 spammed rpgs to destroy the competition. At times I think that if GC had way more rpgs it would be liked. Same as the 64. RPGs are just too popular and Sony caught on.

Also iliad is 100% right about that mikey comment. That dude loves every big name game outside of nintendo games. What a ***.

Tin, you're right about your opinion but even then in comparison you have to see that GC failed. I like a lot of those games and TO ME (oh man I'm goping to get *****...) GC was my favourite of that gen. Subjectively you are entitled to your opinion but you really must see from an objective point of view that it really wasn't that good. People like Ke$ha, but are you really going to say that is good music?

Ulevo, I feel like you may read these comments about the scene and think falsely. Attendance is nowhere near what you may have been used to from the past. We get like 30 ppl avg per tourney and it isn't consistent competition. you may **** one tourney cauyse there are a bunch of scrubs or you place terribly because all the pros decided to show up one day. Or that there is practically no PR to try to invest time into. But it's still a great hangout and you get way more friendlies then in the past lol. I just thought that people were replying to you not knowing what you have seen. I'm surprised avarice posted that reply but in comparison to last summer i guess he is justified. I still think it is worth a shot come out this sat and see for yourself cause it'll be a display of an average tourney in gta.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
i luv mario galaxy and zelda, sunshine and wind waker..............but thats it from that system + smash

xbox vs gc debatable, they both sucked pretty bad.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Chatham is Boardwalk on the new Canadian Monopoly; discuss.

Also Toronto, Vancouver, and Ottawa are all light-blue spaces lololol.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
don't know too much about monopoly so i can't relate to that ur saying

guessing ur saying chatham is more important than toronto, vancouver, and ottawa on this monopoly.

When it comes to monopoly I only know the following

Go to jail
nintendo version
money
cards
dice
long *** game

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
How

what

how do you

what did you

how

what

HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW MONOPOLY?!

K owning Boardwalk in Monopoly is like owning a 4-star hotel. Owning any of the light-blue spaces is like putting living space in a trailer up for rent.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Scrabble is a ridiculously skilled board game that if you guys ever got around to playing with someone competitively I think you'd all really enjoy.

Chess of course, should need no explaining.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I hate to admit it, but I'm sooo scrub at scrabble. That **** is really ****ing hard. Dayum I forgot about chess what a great game.

Top Bottom