• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
SNES is the GREATEST system of all time....of all time.

N64 contains about as much epic games as the Wii, which is about a handful.
This is off the top of my head, all these are games I have played or beaten:

SNES:
Super Mario RPG (This and Chrono Trigger are a tie for greatest RPG ever made)
Secret Of Mana
Megaman X,X2,X3
Chrono Trigger
Castlevania 4
Illusion Of Gaia
Actraiser
Sparkster
Donkey Kong 1 and 2 (3 was mediocre)
Maximum Carnage
Super Mario Kart
Contra 3 (Best feeling ever when beaten on Hard mode the first time XD haha)
Super Metroid
Mario World 2 Yoshis Island
Kirby Super Star
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo The New Challengers
Captain Commando
Super Ghouls n Ghosts (As hard as t*ts)
Battletoads in Battlemaniacs(Hands down this and Ghouls and Ghosts are the hardest games I've played, For NES and SNES)
Earthworm Jim 1 and 2
Metal Warriors
Earthbound
Zelda A Link to the past
NBA Jam (This and NFL Blitz for ps1 are the only sport games I've actually liked playing)

N64:
Zelda OOT
Super Mario 64
Goldeneye (However I could not get into it due to graphics)
Mario Party 1, 2 ,3
Banjo Kazooie (Never played Tooie yet)
Cruisn USA (I think that came out for Arcade first though)
Kirby 64
Mario Kart 64
Conkers Bad Fur Day (I played it for the Xbox)

That's all off the top of my head. I'm sure there's tons more I can think of for SNES and maybe another 3-7 I can think of for N64.
SNES Started off some mean series like the Mana series, Donkey Kong Country, Chrono Trigger, and one of my all time favorite the Megaman X series.

SNES>N64.

Top 3 systems:
SNES
PS1 or PS2 (Cant decide since both have some extremely sexy games)
DS or PSP (Same reason as above)

I'm sure 360 will be one of my top 3 soon, although I have about 50+ games for it and most I've not played, I have just recently got a 360 but now need a Slim 250GB HD.

Sh*tiest system of all time with the exception of a few games = Atari.
Warlords and Maze Craze were the only 2 games I had fun playing.
Donkey Kong and Pitfall were OK.

-Culex

tha_carter

Smash Ace
^selling the 64 short by a mile lol. Although snes>64...its not by much. Right up there with ps2 imo

Perfect dark (2 player campaign),
Majoras mask (best zelda????),
STAR FOX (battle system on foot/tank was awesome),
Diddy kong racing,
SUPER SMASH BROS! (even the commercial was sick),
paper mario,
donkey kong 64,
sin and punishment

And i dont know why 2d lovers of metroid downplay prime - its really good. The best transition into the 3d world imo...

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
My man! Coming to the tournament?

Aha bro, SNES ***** N64 so hard on so many levels. I can still keep dropping more hot SNES titles (Which I will). You've proven my point on how there is only a handful of 64 games that are great. I don't know how I forgot Paper Mario and Smash bros though lol.

SNES:
Super Mario RPG (This and Chrono Trigger are a tie for greatest RPG ever made)
Secret Of Mana
Megaman X,X2,X3
Chrono Trigger
Castlevania 4
Illusion Of Gaia
Actraiser
Sparkster
Donkey Kong 1 and 2 (3 was mediocre)
Maximum Carnage
Super Mario Kart
Contra 3 (Best feeling ever when beaten on Hard mode the first time XD haha)
Super Metroid
Mario World 2 Yoshis Island
Kirby Super Star
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo The New Challengers
Captain Commando
Super Ghouls n Ghosts (As hard as t*ts)
Battletoads in Battlemaniacs(Hands down this and Ghouls and Ghosts are the hardest games I've played, For NES and SNES)
Earthworm Jim 1 and 2
Metal Warriors
Earthbound
Zelda A Link to the past
NBA Jam (This and NFL Blitz for ps1 are the only sport games I've actually liked playing)
Ninja Turtles 4 Turtles in Time
Final Fantasy 2 (Still need to play part 3, and Mystic quest is the newbs RPG)
Final Fight 1 2 and 3
King Of Dragons
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat 2
X-Men
Star Wars trilogy
Rock N Roll Racing
Breath Of Fire 1 n 2
Lufia 1 n 2
Super Double Dragon
Tog Gear 1 n 2 (Only Racing game (Besides Mario Karts) on any console I can play and enjoy)
etc

N64:
Zelda OOT
Super Mario 64
Goldeneye (However I could not get into it due to graphics)
Mario Party 1, 2 ,3
Banjo Kazooie (Never played Tooie yet)
Cruisn USA (I think that came out for Arcade first though)
Kirby 64
Mario Kart 64
Conkers Bad Fur Day (I played it for the Xbox)
Perfect dark (2 player campaign),
Majoras mask (best zelda????),
STAR FOX (battle system on foot/tank was awesome),
Diddy kong racing,
SUPER SMASH BROS! (even the commercial was sick),
paper mario,
donkey kong 64,
sin and punishment
Jet Force Gemini (I played this once as a kid, it was aight)

SNES ***** all systems.

Goodnight, Carter, Carter =).

Cruxis

Smash Lord
i have a confession to make, i have never beaten chrono trigger, or super mario rpg. i feel ashamed. but i just never got around to beating them.

chrono trigger i would always end up getting stuck after finding the frog guy and then forget about the game then by the time i come back to it i dont know what the fuck i am supposed to do or where i even am lol. i wish i could go back to the old days, where life had so much spare time and so much less distractions

I also have another confession, i never had a PS2, and i never liked it much. i just could never get into PS2... the MGS games and GOW games were the only ones i really loved.

hey who here has played Super Turrican on SNES? its so underrated its not even funny

Gichan

Smash Champion
I have never owned a PS2 either. I was just too stupid of a Nintendo **** sucker that I never got it. Shoulda owned a PS2 so I wasn't stuck playing some bad GC games. Not to say GC sucks I love that syte, but when there wa a dry season for good games on that system I resorted to bad games where instead io could have played something good on the PS2.

Dayum Culex way to mention ActRaiser, that game is soooooo good. I ****ing love it. The first level's music is legit as ****.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Culex left out sim city D:

PS2 is mad overrated. What did it evwn have besides Armored Core, FF-X, and DMC?

Nope, just sat here thinking for a good 5 minutes before posting and I can't think of a singlw other game on the PS2 that I found worthwhile... Maybe DOA I guess...

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Mgs series
Disgaea 1 and 2
Zone of the Enders 2
To name some, its true that you have to think about them kinda hard, which would suggest forget-ability.

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
PS2:
DMC 1, 2 and 3
Disgaea 1 and 2
Fatal Frame 1 2 and 3
Final Fantasy X and DOC
God of war 1 n 2
Gungrave 1
ICO (Still need to play)
Katamari Damacy
Kingdom hearts 1 2 and COM
MGS 2 and 3
Megaman X 8 (Meh) and Collection
Onimusha 1 2 3 and DOD (These were f*cking awesome, another great series, they need a part 5)
Persona 3 and 4 (Haven't played these but I heard great things about em)
Pysconauts (I've heard great things about this underrated game)
Resident Evil 4 (Although it was on GC first)
Samurai Champloo!!!! (The game wasn't that great but it was a great side story and the anime was sexy)
Silent Hill 2 3 4 Origins and Shattered Dreams
Shadow Of The Collossus
Star Ocean
Xeno Saga 1 2 3
Z.O.E 1 and 2 (Still haven't played part 2 :()

I know I'm missing tons more.
I've heard the Jak and Rachet and Clank series were good too.

-Culex

Here Rests A Cemetery.

Banned via Administration
I just want to get an N64 again and nostalgia over childhood games related to the Mario franchise.

Good times. I would grind on Mario Party the entire day, and wake up the next day wanting to do the same.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So yeah, after a 20ish hour smashfest with my friends, involving Smash 64, Brawl, and a (very brief) period of Melee, we have discovered several things.

1) In teams, Meta Knight cannot escape Samus's spike. SHE WILL FLY ACROSS THE ENTIRE STAGE VIA HER PARTNER'S FSMASH JUST TO SPIKE YOU. WHAT. THE. HELL.
2) Mario loses to Meta Knight. Not particularly news, but it needed to be said.
3) I play awfully after 50+ hours of being awake.
4) Planet Zebes is the single best stage to have ever been made in any Smash game ever. That acid will troll the hell out of you, and instant spikes exist in that game.
5) Ganondorf > Meta Knight

I'll have some replays up later, eventually.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
the first Jak and Daxter was great. and I agree Lom, Onimusha was the ****

Gichan

Smash Champion
this was posted in the TFNS/RanBats thread posting it here cause i know most of you probably don't look at it.

Important Message: So it seems that the owner of the venue is going to have a meeting on the course of friday night casuals so they may or may not happen. Let's just hope it goes well because this will be a good opportunity for us.

The issue for Friday nights, or any night for that matter, is that while it use to obtain decent attendance it gradually decreased to the point of getting a measly 5 people, with himself included. It isn't fact but I think a big issue is to do with the opening of a new casual place called HQ for ssfiv in scarborough that has the best players.

but I really really want a place for casuals to happen if TFNS does not go through (and I don't find out until January 15th; melee tournament). I was considering the idea that HQ does. It is run by like 4 or 5 people who rent out a storage unit and have people come and pay $5 to from whatever times that the "keyholders" are present. For organizing purposes they do mon-sat 5:30pm-11pm or 12am. Yes, EVERYDAY there is a casual, it's crazy but awesome. I think we should consider this an option. Remember that it does not only have to be brawl. This is for smash bros, be it 64, melee, or brawl. Just a thought.

So I want to discuss further possibilities if we can't get TFNS for friday nights. The storage unit is another possibility but let's think of others to.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
No by "just finished" I mean just finished the standard game. I have too much **** to do but I'll get around to that eventually.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Is what I'm doing now just starting to take initiative? lol, I thought I was doing so beforehand.

But yeah we really need some sort of casuals cause that **** was da bomb in the past. anyways I'll get more information for it soon.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Double post.

Alien was amazing. I have never watched it and finally gave it a chance to be surprised by how good it is. It definitely was ahead of it's time, the sets used were impressive considering it was in 1979. Great sci-fi/horror film that many modern movies try to either emulate too much and make it appear artificial or don't give the genre credit enough to actually try.

the performances in Alien felt real. I love the communication and conversations between the crew members. It just feels so real. their personalities colliding, or borderline disrespecting commands and higher orders.

Dialogue in modern films feel so scripted and unnatural especially in the horror genre and this is where older movies surpass. MKovies like 12 angry men or Casablanca where dialogue is just so good.

While some may have found the meetings and a lot of talking in the beginning of Inception boring, it is actually such an intriguing part. Many cliches are cliches cause the audience is now more sophisticated but I do not understand how today's general audience cannot appreciate a conversation on screen.

A recent discussion with a friend brought up that british films are superior to hollywood films. At that moment i strongly disagreed but I'll post on it another time.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else play Civilization Revolution on the ps3? Ive spent the last hour trying to find a ranked game.

And you thought Brawl online was bad.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Same. Took me awhile to actually get good at it, Id say its in my top 3 ps3 games.

Im trying to get back to top 200 ffa ranking. Lose 1 game out of 6 and you drop 500 places :)

Top Bottom