• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Cruxis

Smash Lord
isnt EVO that ******** tournament that had a tournament with items on last year??? loooool

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I just don't like other fighters, that's all. Except for Guilty Gear.

Though tbh the reason I don't like MvC3 is it's just soooo broken, maybe Ultimate will be a lot better.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
im back with more shameless advertising!!!

Sellin these SNES games:

-Super Mario World
-StarFox
-Yoshi's Island
-Donkey Kong Country
-Goof Troop
-Wario's Woods
-Super Punch Out!!
-Yoshi's Cookie
-Joe and Mac
-Super Turrican
-Aladdin

Sellin these GC games:

-Zelda: Four Swords Adventure
-Luigi's Mansion
-Metroid Prime
-F Zero GX
-Wario World
-Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
-Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut
-Starfox Assault
-Shadow The Hedgehog
-Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom
-Dragon Ball Z Budokai
-Sonic Heroes
-Harry Potter 1
-Harry Potter 2
-Harry Potter 3
-Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
-Super Monkey Ball
-The Incredibles

i was sellin sunshine but yhii is gonna get that off me, so anybody let me know if u want any of these

SRTM

Smash Ace
I managed to sell most of my games on kijiji.
Heres my leftovers

Tales of Symphonia - $35 obo
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones - $5
Timesplitters 2 - $5
Resident Evil Zero - $10
Beyond Good and Evil - $15 obo
Super Monkey Ball 2 - $10

Cruxis

Smash Lord
deal imma bring it with me on the 13th for you

also i cant believe u dont even have myn umber 416 856 7736

SRTM

Smash Ace
just now am I realizing where avarice + phiddle's names came from.
maybe not phiddle, but who knows.
damn this game is addicting.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
just now am I realizing where avarice + phiddle's names came from.
maybe not phiddle, but who knows.
damn this game is addicting.
*Looks at join date*

I CAN SEE THE FUTURE

Also the first time I heard "ph/fiddlesticks" was in "Who Shot Mr. Burns? Part 1" which predates LoL quite a bit.

SRTM

Smash Ace
well I know fiddlesticks is a saying, but since phiddle is probably a hardcore gamer, he might play LoL. Cause that character is p.sweet.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
yo are you guys down to all just chill on a day?

i mean no smash bros no video games no nothin. lets just pick a day and reach somewhere, go get somethin to eat and go to a strip club or somethin. just chill

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
yo are you guys down to all just chill on a day?

i mean no smash bros no video games no nothin. lets just pick a day and reach somewhere, go get somethin to eat and go to a strip club or somethin. just chill
I'd be so down.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
im down for that patches but i had somethin in mind like we go to a beach or somethin then go to open buffet, mandarin baby awww yeeaa

Patches

Smash Master
Just throwing this out there. If anyone likes metal, come down to ingersoll august 18th. Were having a backyard metal show/party.

:phone:

Cruxis

Smash Lord
╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

*edit* for serious post, I might be hosting weekly smashfests at my house starting soon. I live near Weston/401 for people who need to know roughly where I am. I'm like 4 blocks from crossroads plaza.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Dumping part of this in-progress list here for Tin.
Character Issues

Mechanics Issues
Lack of nontumble DI
Specifically because this leads to numerous “automatic” chaingrabs, such as with Dedede and Falco, among many others, and locks, most notably Sheik’s FTilt lock. I just feel that these detract from the game as a whole, as the game is essentially being controlled specifically by one person.
Grab Releases
In 64 this didn’t exist, grabs always resulted in throws, and there was no pummeling. In Melee, by holding up, you could choose to air release, and by not doing so you would ground release. This put control in the hands of both players. In Brawl, however, if you are being held off of the ground you WILL air release, and for some characters with easily abused Air Grab Release animations, such as Metaknight, Wario, and Squirtle, this can result in chaingrabs or free kills, especially so in Wario’s case, where he constantly has to play around the idea of 1 grab = free 20%-30%. Though ground releases are far less problematic, as for the most part you can escape into the air, you cannot air release while in hitlag or hitstun. Some pummels, such as Marth’s or Charizard’s, keep a character in hitlag or hitstun the entire time if buffered. In the case of Ness or Lucas, who have longer than average ground release animations, this means they can be instantly regrabbed, though in Lucas case you must move forward. Again, grab releases for the most part put all control in the hands of a single player, which I view as detrimental to the game.
Tripping as a whole, including tripping induced by moves
Most people simply have an issue with random tripping. I however view tripping in all its incarnations within Brawl as inherently anti-competitive.
Let’s start with what causes tripping.
1. A character has a 1% chance of tripping every time a dash is inputted. The dash animation does not actually have to come out, you simply have to have inputted a dash.
2. When hit with a move that does not move a character from the ground and does not cross the tumble threshold for knockback, there is an 11% chance of tripping.
3. Many moves have an additional set chance to trip, ignoring their knockback. Such moves include notably Zelda’s and Metaknight’s DTilts.
4. The item Banana Peels will cause a grounded player that comes into contact with it to trip.

Too lazy to finish atm. Need dinner.

Top Bottom