• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

-Googs

Smash Lord
Moving to a forest in Alberta on monday for three months, no internet or electricity. Just stopping by to tell you guys to have a good summer and good luck with future tournaments, i hope impulse runs smoothly...it has a lot of opportunity to introduce new american interest. Have fun dudes!

Peace and love,
Googs.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Moving to a forest in Alberta on monday for three months, no internet or electricity. Just stopping by to tell you guys to have a good summer and good luck with future tournaments, i hope impulse runs smoothly...it has a lot of opportunity to introduce new american interest. Have fun dudes!

Peace and love,
Googs.
crazy **** no electricity or internet for 3 months take care bro
whitby strip club in september then

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So this Ganbaranai (aka Hayase) dude from Japan has (apparently) not really done anything for a while. He played quite a few characters but AFAIK mostly MK, Snake and Falco.

Anyway, somehow, this dude came out of nowhere and got 1st at some tourney, beating EVERYONE he fought with PIKACHU except for 9B, against whom he used MK.

Here's him vs Earth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftkcvtj79Ik

infiniteV115

Smash Hero

I don't know why...but this thing cracks me up so bad. I saw it like a week ago and I still find myself laughing at it while eating, playing video games, and even when taking a dump.

TMI?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm not so much angry at Brawl as I am angry at the flat-out ****ing ******** rulesets starting to crop up. Why the **** are we suddenly switched to the japanese ruleset? When the hell did that happen? Tin decides he's going to try to push Melee aside when we're having a tournament. Am I supposed to just be cool with that? What if Melee decided to try and shove Brawl aside when you guys already had a tournament scheduled? You telling me that that'd be taken sitting down?

Project: M is an okay game but the people behind it are ******s. I'd say no offense but that'd be a lie. The game sucked the life out of the modding community - or at least those who work on full mods - and continues to do so.

Sure, I may be pretty ****ing salty over the death of my own project, Brawl 64, especially considering that I HAD a ****ing team, which bailed at the first sign of "oh ****, he's actually serious about doing this, this ISN'T going to die in like a week tops." But Melee is not the only ****ing way to play Smash. Nor is Brawl. Nor is Brawl Minus. Nor is 64. I have a right to be angry when people are basically coming in and telling me that they hate me and everything I stand for. I am done with taking **** sitting down. When I can't get a side-event for my full mod of the game because of some bull**** like Duelist going down instead, I think I have a little bit of a right to complain. There's NO ****ing enforcement issues, because I have multiple SD cards and it's extremely easy for me to set up 2 identical setups with the current public build of my game.

But w/e I'm done. As to the leaving part, yeah I'm probably doing that fairly soon. Gonna finish up Brawl- and then move on with my life.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
So this Ganbaranai (aka Hayase) dude from Japan has (apparently) not really done anything for a while. He played quite a few characters but AFAIK mostly MK, Snake and Falco.

Anyway, somehow, this dude came out of nowhere and got 1st at some tourney, beating EVERYONE he fought with PIKACHU except for 9B, against whom he used MK.

Here's him vs Earth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftkcvtj79Ik

forreal who gives a *** about some guy you will never meet or know that performed well in this game? no offense intended bro, i just really dont see why anyone cares about some random jap kid who got good at the game. big ****en deal 5 years from now none of us will be playing this **** anymore, who cares who was good or bad at it?

just my opinion tho

also, i got cheating on exams once. got a 0 in the course and am re doing it now
that was my exact face. then i started laughing in disbelief

Patches

Smash Master

forreal who gives a *** about some guy you will never meet or know that performed well in this game? no offense intended bro, i just really dont see why anyone cares about some random jap kid who got good at the game. big ****en deal 5 years from now none of us will be playing this **** anymore, who cares who was good or bad at it?

just my opinion tho

also, i got cheating on exams once. got a 0 in the course and am re doing it now
that was my exact face. then i started laughing in disbelief
Yeah, but since me and V both play Pikachu, we can still learn a lot from this guy's playstyle. There arent many good pikachu's around, so anyone good, we're happy to see and learn from. I mean, theres only what... 2 good pikachu's in NA? ESAM and K Prime. So the more good Pikachu's there are, the more we can learn, the more our metagame will be advanced, etc etc. (;

Alex, $5 :pikachu2: vs :snake: and a :gw: vs :snake: at Impulse, brah?

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Yeah, but since me and V both play Pikachu, we can still learn a lot from this guy's playstyle. There arent many good pikachu's around, so anyone good, we're happy to see and learn from. I mean, theres only what... 2 good pikachu's in NA? ESAM and K Prime. So the more good Pikachu's there are, the more we can learn, the more our metagame will be advanced, etc etc. (;
wat? V plays pika? i was unaware lol

Alex, $5 :pikachu2: vs :snake: and a :gw: vs :snake: at Impulse, brah?
u already kno bro

AND :wolf: vs :gw:

also, call me Fady not alex

Cruxis

Smash Lord
:yeahboi:
gotta write down my MMs, ****
anyone else whos up for MMs let me kno, i will MM anyone except olimars

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah I was mainly posting it cause I thought Ian would appreciate it, cause he had recently announced that he'd be switching over to Pikachu. And I figured that it was better discussion than the previous topic (complaining about Dirt complaining.) And MPrime and Stef play Pikachu too, and Red X might be picking him up...he DID use him at Oakville Uproar 2.

And Pikachu's been my secondary since...like, ever. I just never use him in tourney cause I don't think it's ready yet, though I might be pulling it out soon.

Ian, Z>K Prime. Z got 17th at Apex :O

Fady, I'm assuming that we still have the $20 :zerosuitsamus:::snake: at IMPULSE? I might also MM you with Pikachu...idk we'll talk about it at the actual tourney, but it'll definitely be for less than $20 XD

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Yeah I was mainly posting it cause I thought Ian would appreciate it, cause he had recently announced that he'd be switching over to Pikachu. And I figured that it was better discussion than the previous topic (complaining about Dirt complaining.) And MPrime and Stef play Pikachu too, and Red X might be picking him up...he DID use him at Oakville Uproar 2.

And Pikachu's been my secondary since...like, ever. I just never use him in tourney cause I don't think it's ready yet, though I might be pulling it out soon.

Fady, I'm assuming that we still have the $20 :zerosuitsamus:::snake: at IMPULSE? I might also MM you with Pikachu...idk we'll talk about it at the actual tourney, but it'll definitely be for less than $20 XD
im down brah, just come up to me whenever youre ready. time to even out the 1:1 score tiebreaker

everyones picking up seconds these days, i was thinking of picking one up myself
but then i see my snake texture and say nahh **** it

oh *** speaking of the snake texture, i lost my sd card with the precious texture and i need it at impulse!! stef u gotta put it on ur SD for me nd let me use it at impulse? i refuse to play without it

Cruxis

Smash Lord
some drunk guy on the bodybuilding forums was sketching people
i told him to sketch me

ahahahahahhaa look like a ****en hoodrat ghetto nigguh

tha_carter

Smash Ace
lol wth @ the project m rant. Some olddd schoolers came over last night and we played. It felt different but its pretty good.

and wow @ that 6+ min japan match. The best brawl player in ontario was a pit main from whitby (Lol) and when anther or i played him it was never so defensive. Sad to see people have become sooooo campy. Whatever... sheilding is broken, it was bound to happen.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
im down brah, just come up to me whenever youre ready. time to even out the 1:1 score tiebreaker

everyones picking up seconds these days, i was thinking of picking one up myself
but then i see my snake texture and say nahh **** it

oh *** speaking of the snake texture, i lost my sd card with the precious texture and i need it at impulse!! stef u gotta put it on ur SD for me nd let me use it at impulse? i refuse to play without it
I have the css but not the texture

:phone:

Bing

Smash Master
Wow that rant was so not necissary.. P:M is really good, dont understand how it killed the game modding community but umm yeah :S

So yeah, maining Fox, Secondary Pika.

Incase of facing Pika or ICs. Marth.

Patches

Smash Master

Yo, wait till you see my pikachu. He's gonna turn some heads.

:phone:

Bing

Smash Master
I've wanted to do a Double Pika team for so long!

Also I was looking at Cruxis "Sketch" and I just wanted to say that is both a horrible sketch and it makes you look so incredibly arrogant its painful.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
I've wanted to do a Double Pika team for so long!

Also I was looking at Cruxis "Sketch" and I just wanted to say that is both a horrible sketch and it makes you look so incredibly arrogant its painful.
so it captured me pretty well then

Top Bottom