• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
From what I hear passports come a million times quicker if you show up in person to the office ready to go and whatnot.

Also, whats the pre reg deadline? And does anyone have a credit card or whatever for us to do this? If we're gonna make this happen we need to get these ideas coming together guys.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
sorry guys i won't be able to make it to this, gf's birthday johns you guys need to find someone to replace me to drive the smashvan =( Joe, can't u just use Drivers license and birth certificate? last time i was in the states a few months ago thats what i did.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Or you can get a border crossing license (don't know the actual names for them) but they are only good for getting into US (no overseas travel), cost almost as much as a passport, and only last like a year (I think)...the only advantage is that you can get them in like a day or 2 I believe...so if you're really desperate there is that option.

D

Deleted member

Just a message to those who are fretting about needing a passport..

you don't. For this summer only, the US border is being lenient to those who may have not gotten the message that you need a passport. You should be fine without one. You'll get a heads up and a warning, and a "try to be more aware next time", but you'll be in the States.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Just a message to those who are fretting about needing a passport..

you don't. For this summer only, the US border is being lenient to those who may have not gotten the message that you need a passport. You should be fine without one. You'll get a heads up and a warning, and a "try to be more aware next time", but you'll be in the States.
lmao seriously, they are being more like canada because at the canadian border, all u say is how long uve been out and that ur candian, no passport needed hahahaha :chuckle:

Pho

Smash Journeyman
So today is my birthday... Striking the big 2-0...

I Phuong Pham, will be the best 20 year old, EVER! ( I hope someone knows that reference)

Gichan

Smash Champion
So Michelle just beat me at RPS....

She laughed when I said I came fifth and said I have no mindgames and she can predict me easily. And she beat me 3-2. Johns, my mindgames were exhausted from the RPS tourney, LOL.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Gi get *****. Next time we meet and play, I predict you're going to use scissors then rock.

Also you wont get pass two rounds against me.

LOL

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Competitive RPS? Man, you guys are funny XD

So at AN, I was looking for an artist that was willing to draw my character (er...me pretty much...) and my six favourite Pokemon. After a while, I came across a really cute Indonesian girl that was excited about doing it. So after paying...a lot....well....I'm happy to say that it was worth every bit!

Yes, a massive ground weakness. And yes, Corsola's stats suck. Shut up! >=O

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Holy **** Yuki, that's beautiful lol.

Except mine would be way more badass. I'd be chilling with Charizard and Mewtwo, while sitting on a Gyarados' head with my Umbreon. My Squirtle would have Squirtle-squad glasses on and my Lugia would be flying around in the distance.

**** yeah.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Haha, funny thing was, Corsola, Ambipom and Espeon originally weren't supposed to be there. It was actually going to be Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard. Then I realized that I didn't really like them outside of Smash, so I was able to change them before she got started.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
Unless your Pikachu is holding a Choice Scarf, your team has no reliable check for Dragon Dance Gyarados.

And from the picture, it's clear that your Pikachu isn't holding a Choice Scarf, but rather a Light Ball... or a dinner roll

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
tbh

also, besides TX will there be any tourneys besides Havac b4 the summer is over? like a DUY basement tourney or TPFG 2?

Last edited:

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
I got some cute Indonesian girls numbers at AN but I don't think any were artists or anything....or maybe it was Joe's number I got. :laugh:

Cyan_

Smash Lord
tbh i was that cute indonesian girl,your welcome Yuki ^_^

also, besides TX will there be any tourneys besides Havac b4 the summer is over? like a DUY basement tourney or TPFG 2?
Sauga Outbreak is gonna be rescheduled to sometime in August I believe

I got some cute Indonesian girls numbers at AN but I don't think any were artists or anything....or maybe it was Joe's number I got. :laugh:
Joe's hairy Italian Indonesian legs are mad cute

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Unless your Pikachu is holding a Choice Scarf, your team has no reliable check for Dragon Dance Gyarados.

And from the picture, it's clear that your Pikachu isn't holding a Choice Scarf, but rather a Light Ball... or a dinner roll
I know =( But I've never really been into the whole competitive scene. I tend to dislike them because teams mostly carry the same Pokemon because they're threatened by those same Pokemon and then it's down to that mindgame stuff. Just not my thing. I like to think if one uses their favourites, you kinda get a glimpse at their personality. XD

OH MY GOD Yuki that is amazing... SO jealous :x

Is that a choice scarf wrapped around pikachu's one ear?
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Notch-ear_Pichu

It's a special Pichu that was in the recent movie and it's going to be in the Heart Gold/Soul Silver games. At the time, I asked the artist if she could give my Pikachu an ear like that because I thought it would evolve. But recently, they said it doesn't. >_>; Such a shame....

tbh i was that cute indonesian girl,your welcome Yuki ^_^

HAHAHAHA! You're quite welcome!

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
duys can't happen simply because we'd have to break into his house to make it happen haha hes gone for the summer pretty much

KingAce

Smash Ace
yo guys i think we need to pre reg for SNES soon, gotta figure **** out quickly whos goin and what not lol
so far it looks like the renting a car idea is flop so at the moment we have ambrose, me, minus, and max confirmed for ambroses car. we need 1 more driver to come along!
is anyone up for this.. dimmy? raidos? anyone?

Cyan_

Smash Lord
yo guys i think we need to pre reg for SNES soon, gotta figure **** out quickly whos goin and what not lol
so far it looks like the renting a car idea is flop so at the moment we have ambrose, me, minus, and max confirmed for ambroses car. we need 1 more driver to come along!
is anyone up for this.. dimmy? raidos? anyone?
quick, Joe, get your G2!

Pho

Smash Journeyman
I want in on this SO bad. We need to show that Canada owns them ASAP.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
prolly not going to it phil, btw phil pm me ur msn so we cna tlak about when i pick u up next sat for t10

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Ok seriously, MK is ****ing ******** and this **** is getting out of hand around here.

Anyone who has been to the last few tournaments knows this to be true.

In the grand scale of tournaments in this region, mk has only been picked up, never dropped. And it just continues on and on.... I'm like the only person who ever dropped MK out of him being too gay. Everyone else continues to play him while hating him, some hate him so much they pick him up as a testament to hating him.
I also just love how everybody who's switched to him/picked up for secondaries has gotten higher tournament results every time, not ONE person placed worse after picking him up. Infact, some peoples main thing that holds them back is that they have a shred of decency and don't use him. I also just love the fact that teams play (known for being more fun and varied than singles) has come down to being horribly dominated by ****ing MKs.

"But Minus, if MK is legal and you want to win, its your fault for not picking him up!"

Exactly, so is the logical strategy for everyone to pick up MK? Or for us to ban him?
Clearly nobody wants the first option, and when it comes to the second one everyone has cold feet.
People will hate on mk gayness all day, but suddenly nobody wants to ban him.
We have a bunch of people who either are so clearly focused on winning or are too scared to rely on themselves and not a character, that are beating people who once relied on a character other than MK but after being beaten begin to switch to MK.
And so on, and so on, yet nobody has the balls to end the cycle.
Is MK as a character truly deserving as a ban? Debatable
Is MK as a character wrecking the fabric of our scene? Yes.

I was so excited to come back to the gtan after being out west, and I've only got a month left now.
It feels like its all for naught to even try to move this community in the right direction at this point as I won't even be around to see the effects. But truly, MK should be banned, its getting rediculous. There are only so many good players left around here who haven't switched, and I can assure you they would all get better results if they switched to MK like the rest of you sellouts.

My major props go out to: Percon, Nickcam, Mikey, Niko, Pastaboy and Holy for never selling out and always doing well in this tornado storm.

/rant.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Perfectly said. Sadly MK will never be globally banned because too many people play him and would most surely quit if he was. I would also say that certain mk mains, not gonna name names, are winning purely based off character and not skill. I would 100% surely be in favor of banning him in the gta scene and i really could care less what people like the US think of our scene because its sad when people do things like plank to win and think its ok.

Top Bottom