• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Guide to Comboes/Techniques Named After People

ShinerCCC

Smash Cadet
have a few from BC I guess

The Adam Brown recovery: throw out dj aerials as you recover, Falcon uair or knee especially

The Daltsy combo: as Falco, do a laser reset with a standing laser

The Escad: as Fox, uthrow -> utilt a Ganon or Falcon from 0% (if they don't DI away lololol)

The Rhett: bthrow -> dair at the edge as Ganon. so not legit

if we get to name one after a place, here's the Victoria techchase: someone misses a tech. You jump over them, ready to dair, then they do a getup attack...THEN YOU DJ AND DAIR THEM OMGGGGGGG

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
The crystal city combo (named after caveman and rob$'s falcos) would be throw off the ledge to fsmash/dair

The DoH is powershield > downsmash with Peach ;)

Darkrain has a couple of combos named after him, also the robocop?

In Texas Roy's dsmash is know as the ragnarok.

MacD has the DADS - a flurry of dash attacks and downsmashes

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
The Sierra Vista (SV) is Power Shield > Dair as Falco (Popularized by Axe and V3ctorman)

The Jade combo is sharking underneath a platform as Jigglypuff to bait a getup attack, then resting.

The TemplarPsi is spot dodge > Rest and Roll > Rest as Jigglypuff

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Why isnt Thunders Combo on here?

With Fox.

No explanation needed.
Oh snap good one. Is thunders just any jab-reset combo with Fox, or specifically after a shine wavedash (into upsmash)?

Wes-ing: As Samus, shield pressure with jab, sidestep, jab, sidestep.
Hah I remember all that, true

I can't believe you left darkrain off the list.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQysCmAm_G4
Dark Rain Combo #1 in that video, is what I associate with "the Darkrain combo" for sure.

Tope chasing - Sheik tech chasing on reaction with grabs.
True.

Scar jumping - Wall jump -> airjump -> knee
Another one I can't believe I missed! I think "Scar Jumping" more specifically refers to walljumping as Captain Falcon doing aerials without losing virtually any height. Used in a combo, knee KO is preferable certainly.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I forgot about Drephen's gimmick. When falco has 1 life left he likes to powershield when they try to do a retreating laser near the edge causing them to "zhuicide".
1, it's called drephen shielding, 2, it's called the forward.

are we really going to call the illusion suicide the zhuicide when forward, the player who invented falco, and has been playing since 2002, and is even NAMED after the move still plays this game?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Kage special (I think that is what its called) Dair>Dair>Fair w/ganon
Holy combo knee to punch
Unholy combo dB dround to dB air as ganon
Scar jumping

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I'll add these later.

No explanation needed.
You need to explain to me...?

The Adam Brown recovery: throw out dj aerials as you recover, Falcon uair or knee especially

The Daltsy combo: as Falco, do a laser reset with a standing laser

The Escad: as Fox, uthrow -> utilt a Ganon or Falcon from 0% (if they don't DI away lololol)

The Rhett: bthrow -> dair at the edge as Ganon. so not legit
Canada is representing?

The crystal city combo (named after caveman and rob$'s falcos) would be throw off the ledge to fsmash/dair
MacD has the DADS - a flurry of dash attacks and downsmashes
I'll add those and Darkrain's first combo (uthrow, dtilt, uthrow, dtilt, nair, knee)

The Sierra Vista (SV) is Power Shield > Dair as Falco
The Jade combo is sharking underneath a platform as Jigglypuff to bait a getup attack, then resting.
The TemplarPsi is spot dodge > Rest and Roll > Rest as Jigglypuff
Is Sierre Vista a person?

The Reneblade Dropzone

y'all already know
Is Reneblade a person? Also, I am not familiar, but I'd guess its a dropzone sheild breaker.

Wes-ing: As Samus, shield pressure with jab, sidestep, jab, sidestep.
Adding.

this is an imperfect thread
;-[

are we really going to call the illusion suicide the zhuicide when forward, the player who invented falco, and has been playing since 2002, and is even NAMED after the move still plays this game?
Forward already has a combo, so can't we let zhu have the zhuicide? zhuicide sounds beautiful anyways.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
They call it the bombsoldier.
If you hear people calling it the Yuske its prolly a local thing.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
the tipman was the eddie spike before it was the tipman, i guess it doesnt matter anymore though

aarosmashguy did the dc homeboy in 2006, but i'll let it slide cause nobody saw it except tapion

way back when the rockcrock was comboing off of your recovery move to get a kill with fox, i always attributed the walltechjump punish to cort but i know lots of people give it to rockcrock too

crashman invented the windmill of fury

chillindash

rob$ (bthrow fsmash with falco)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'll add these later.

You need to explain to me...?

Canada is representing?

I'll add those and Darkrain's first combo (uthrow, dtilt, uthrow, dtilt, nair, knee)

Is Sierre Vista a person?

Is Reneblade a person? Also, I am not familiar, but I'd guess its a dropzone sheild breaker.

Adding.

;-[

Forward already has a combo, so can't we let zhu have the zhuicide? zhuicide sounds beautiful anyways.
**** no. You shouldn't be limiting combos to one person. There ARE people out there who pioneered, or are known for multiple things, and the fact that Forward GOT his name from that suicide should auto-give him that name.

Who are you going to accredit a name to? The guy who invented Falco, and got his tag from the infamous suicide, or Cali just because they're more "mainstream." and well-known to newer players.

SV isn't a person but it's where v3ctorman and Axe live, and power shield > dair is their thing.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
My 2 cents: Apparently, Forward B is a player named after a move. Zhuicide is a move named after a player. This thread is about the latter. I've never heard anyone suicide as falco/fox and say "Forward B!", and I'm sure someone out there is named Falcon Punch, but does that mean we should attribute the move to them? Not in my opinion.

Kage special (I think that is what its called) Dair>Dair>Fair w/ganon
Dunno about that, but I love me some Kage "Backfist"

Lol I didn't mean you're doing a bad job or that this thread is imperfect per se, but what I was getting at, is that this is far less of a concrete subject than say, frames of hitlag. It's regional, biased, and subject to error. So that's why the more feedback we get, the better the result will be. I love the thread idea though.

crashman invented the windmill of fury
Oh duh that's right, my bad

chillindash
What's that?

rob$ (bthrow fsmash with falco)
Oh another good one, I've definitely heard of this.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
My 2 cents: Apparently, Forward B is a player named after a move. Zhuicide is a move named after a player. This thread is about the latter. I've never heard anyone suicide as falco/fox and say "Forward B!", and I'm sure someone out there is named Falcon Punch, but does that mean we should attribute the move to them? Not in my opinion.

Dunno about that, but I love me some Kage "Backfist"

Lol I didn't mean you're doing a bad job or that this thread is imperfect per se, but what I was getting at, is that this is far less of a concrete subject than say, frames of hitlag. It's regional, biased, and subject to error. So that's why the more feedback we get, the better the result will be. I love the thread idea though.

Oh duh that's right, my bad

What's that?

Oh another good one, I've definitely heard of this.
we say it ALLLLLLL the time in Arizona

Also the only reason why you dont hear it anymore is because of all thew new***s who forget where falcos roots lie, and because of hwm.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I thought the kage special was a shield poke dair using the back of ganon's foot, although renth was the first ganon I saw really implement bair/dair shield pokes into his game.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
The Chops Choo Choo Train. Using repeated forward smashes as a form of movement to dodge attacks before hitting the opponent with another forward smash. Typically done with Falco

lol

DanteFox

Smash Champion
of course people don't say "Forward B!", they say "I just pulled a Forward."

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
ARON? Combo - U-air, U-ar, etc, to f-smash (normally done as mario)

Also, I think the Forward technique should be the PC Chris. look up Pc chris mindgames on youtube.

The Waffle technique - Hype up the crowd.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Manuel, the Kage special is Downair through the bottom part of a full shield.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrOA6Fc0kGg 5:03 and 5:16.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vsciTMhISA 3:35

Good examples.. =P

Now as for combos, I don't think I have anything named for me. Except when I die and then I come back and backair someone while im still invincible, it's my typical pattern that I like to do with Ganon. So it's called "Kage" lol.

Top Bottom