• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The H2YL Tier List (Version 2)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Emblem lord all i have to say is you overrate marth a lot and underrate falco a lot just because marth does good on falco

also kirby doesnt have a REALLY bad matchup against MK if chu beat forte, unless you are saying as a brawl player, one of the best MKs in the world is significantly worse than the best kirby <_<
QFT

EL, because you don't go to tournaments, I have a hard time agreeing with you. Theory smash is just that...theory
QFT x 100000

I played Keitaro's Falco a lot with both Meta Knight and Marth and watched his recent sets with NinjaLink's Marth and Shadow's Meta Knight.

Falco is mad beast.

Emblem Lord said:
To MD/VA: It's a tier list. N*ggas are going to debate it. It became an NJ debate thread when my fellow NJers who also happen to be ignorant as f*ck tried to debate me.
You are abysmal at debating. Debating you in the Marth boards was a joke because your replies were "I'm Emblem Lord, so I'm right. Marth has more range so he wins and camping isn't that good!"

Come to tournaments.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ok. Did you even read anything I posted those few weeks back?

My arguments were nothing like that. I stated facts about Pit and Marth. All you were essentially saying was how Pit does well vs Marth because he can run away and shoot arrows. Then you tried to invalidate my argument by saying I don't go to tournaments.

Which you always do.

And it never works.

Because I know what I'm talking about, especially when it comes to Marth.

*sigh

What am I doing?

Welcome to the ignore list, you clown.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I know. I just had to sig it.
He is better though, as long as you understand this

M2K, you should move down to MD and play friendlies with me more often like we did at CH4, i had no clue you were M2K

H2YL tier list rocks. Small disagreements here or there, but over all it rocks and it is a great representation for if not the entire country, then at the very least a perfect rep of MD/VA area.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
M2K is better?!?!?!

Really?!!

lolz.

Ok, seriously I have never disputed his skill. He just tends to always take it back to that no matter what whenever he and I talk about something Smash related. I find it amusing.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
sh*t's better than sbr list. only thing is that wario should go to bottom of high tier but it'll get there eventually.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
dude, and this isn't just to you inui, but if you're not making a post that contributes to the thread, stfu. the reason i stopped coming to the boards recently is because 99% of thread contents contain comments that require no train of thought, and more than likely are unrelated or useless.

so shut up and talk about the list and stick to the list.

don't post "what you think" should be in one statement and get mad when people dismiss or ignore you.

stop getting emotional ya hills-watching-thumb-sucking-but-he-started-it drama queens.

and inui, stop pissing people off. you know what you're doing. you know what kind of presence you bring to this room. you're not ignorant. respect people and their wishes, and maybe more people can start respecting you altho you're way too far in the hole for that to be happening anytime soon.

here's what i believe:
this list was made by people who not only play this game frequently, but play this game well. if these people were to go to a tournament, placing top 5 would not be a surprise. not only are they reputable, but when they make a claim, more than likely it's not false. h2yl knows how to play this game, and understand the mechanics and match-ups well. if you have a dispute, you better ****ing back it up and come strong, because h2yl and the majority of md/va can back it up with solid facts and real-life results

chillindude829

Smash Master
Pit was mostly as high as he was in the last list because we thought he had a lot of untapped potential. After some more playtime with and against Pit, I don't think he's as good as we originally thought. More than that though it just became clear that some other characters that we had ranked below him last time are actually better.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Nice and vague. Gives me something to look forward to. Just need to get my butt to more events and see what can be improved on. I honestly like this tier list though, but that might be bias from seeing Metaknight in his own tier.

Timbers

check me out
While he may only be amazing at 1 or 2 things, he's not terrible at anything besides recovery maybe, and even this isn't that big of a deal.
His recovery isn't even an issue, he just has a ****ty punishment game. He's perfectly fine where he is.

Also can't believe there was someone in here trying to place ROB above DDD lol.

shogun

Smash Journeyman
I think a lot of these have spots where it can be a virtual tie "God tier" is pretty much right(obv), also I think R.O.B is better than kirby and should have stayed the same ranking.

nice to wake up and post on swf good feeling imo

btw chillin i'm glad you still post man it's like my swf reading experience gains 2.5x overall value

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Why should Link be higher, Azen?

I agree that Jigglypuff is underrated because she can do the same campy nonsense she did before in an even campier game, making her obviously not terrible, but Link... I don't know what he can do because his camping is slow and he's gimpable.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Link is the same as he's always been: a decent character with terrible recovery. His smashes and dair are still beast; his fair, nair and bair auto-cancel relatively well; his bombs are pretty useful as well; a well placed mortar slide makes him surprisingly mobile; he can still camp with projectiles (although the gale boomerang is pretty crappy).

Is he still a really bad character? Yeah, but I don't think he's the second worst in the game.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Peach is very good just a completely different style of game, that's all, her forward b and neutral b are great to help her recovery now (neutral b stalls in air) and her hover allows her approach to be absolutely amazing and difficult to avoid

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Not that I am disagreeing, but I am curious as to why Kirby is so high up

I see alot of his strong points, but am I missing anything or am I just underestimating alot of what he has?

he seems to have

a pretty **** good recovery (his jumps go super high for smoeone with multiple jumps)
0-40ish on almost every character
great bair
he stole marios melee uair
great spike
amazing bair
he stole falco's melee utilt
he has alot of range for his hitbox size
he is actually pretty fast
STRONG AS **** fsmash
nice edgeguarding
grab mechanics and the vacuum effect make inhale a bit better imo
dtilt trips and makes for hilarious ddd shenanigans in teams

did i miss anything off the top of my head/am i totally wrong?

oh yeah it also helps he messes up ddd something awful lol

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Stop putting Peach high. We like being underestimated. xD

I like this list, but I think G&W's being underestimated quite a bit. He's got extremely few bad matchups (Toon Link and Marth, maybe Olimar?), extremely good approaches, immunity to some projectile games (thanks to bucket, Falco and Pit can't pressure from a distance), and ridiculously powerful smashes. I actually usually put him 3rd or even 2nd.

I'm surprised at Kirby over ROB! But I don't fight many Kirby's so...dunno.

chillindude829

Smash Master
Not that I am disagreeing, but I am curious as to why Kirby is so high up

I see alot of his strong points, but am I missing anything or am I just underestimating alot of what he has?

he seems to have

a pretty **** good recovery (his jumps go super high for smoeone with multiple jumps)
0-40ish on almost every character
great bair
he stole marios melee uair
great spike
amazing bair
he stole falco's melee utilt
he has alot of range for his hitbox size
he is actually pretty fast
STRONG AS **** fsmash
nice edgeguarding
grab mechanics and the vacuum effect make inhale a bit better imo
dtilt trips and makes for hilarious ddd shenanigans in teams

did i miss anything off the top of my head/am i totally wrong?
he also has

inhale (leads to gimps)/copy powers, almost all of which are better than the actual character's version
really strong upsmash+dsmash, these don't get a lot of credit because of his **** fsmash but they are still really good, esp for punishing shields/airdodges
one of the best aerial games overall
amazing side+B (first hit is extremely strong, second hit sends them at a ridiculous angle, and the move itself can be used to help recover)

so yeah. also his multiple jumps make it really easy for him to bait people into attacking/airdodging and then punishing.

Top Bottom