• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hamilton Thread: Now with 90% Less PR members!

Iliad

Smash Lord
THE GREATER HAMILTON AREA THREAD​
Consists of: Hamilton, Burlington, Stoney Creek, Ancaster, Dundas and Binbrook​

PURPOSE OF THREAD​

To gather all able bodied Hamiltonian (And surrounding area) smashers into a more concentrated scene. We know you're out there, and now you know we're here.

Our scene is regarded as more of a joke in the competitive scene than anything, and that has to change. We have double the population of Niagara and St.Catharines, and double the population of Mississauga. And yet they outrank us in the PRs? Not for long I say.

LOCATIONS HOSTING WEEKLIES, SMASHFESTS, BI-WEEKLIES, AND MONTHLIES​

Pownz Gaming Center - Hamilton, Ontario (Further details later on.)

Iliad's House - Hamilton, Ontario (Lol wtf?)

Tippr's House - Grimsby, Ontario (That ain't hamilton!)

And more to come.

-- So come one and come all, post if you're Hamiltonian (Or Hamiltonian-esque). Brawlers welcome, Melee'ers welcome, and 64 lols are welcome. Let us know, for Hamilton must grow.

walter01

Smash Cadet
Hey, its Splontot from Pownz. I'm interested in Brawl and Melee, although I haven't played Melee in a year or two, I've been trying to find a copy to start playing again.

I'll be seeing people at Pownz I guess.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
Quick question: Are Pokemon Puzzle Leaguers welcome?

I need to make sure I subscribe to this because I really haven't played smash with people for a couple months now :x edit: and it's like completely my fault too oof

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
Yo Bowser, you gotta come out sometime and brawl! I havent seen you since Havoc lol
btw i been meaning to ask you, do you main mk now :o

E

ElDeckardo

Hey kids,
Deckard here, I just thought I'd throw my name up on the board as well. I'm interested in brawl, and I'll mess around with melee just for the fun of it. See all of you Pownzers at the centre.

That's just Halo son! You gotta flank 'em! That's Halo!

Jasuke

Smash Cadet
LOL! MELEE......that aint falco........J.V J.V you wont you wont........oh oh oh MANGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
This thread smelled really really bad til I posted here

tru fax
You smell like bigfoots d!ck good sir ^_^! not that I've smelled it before XD
<3 you Mikey....hype up sauga vs hamilton! ***, hype up this thread! Imma beat u down with CF's left nut. Imma make you say "I fear manly nipples and knees". I've gotten a few ppl to say "I fear CF".....i just need Broski to say it, then my life is complete.

sauc3

Smash Lord
zawmguh, Hamilton has a thread now,

you're just jealous that i left and created a scene in london, so now you're trying to compensate by making this fail of a thread,

iliad, your really fly, and ima let you finish, but

sauc3 hosts the best bi-weeklies of all time, OF ALL TIME!

Jasuke

Smash Cadet
Ok so this thread needs to ****ing start getting something together cause this is BS we need to get some kind of smash going :p i really want some melee and i don't care if i have to go to Pownz as long as we get the Hamilton smashers together k so lets get this **** going. ^^

Iliad

Smash Lord
"George Pownz doesn't care about brawl people."

Kanye is a tard, don't believe him.

Monthlies WANT to make a comeback. Don't give up on the little store that could. Please.

walter01

Smash Cadet
Me (splontot/Charlie) and Black magic from Pownz (Matt) may be looking for rides to Niagara on Saturday if we are free that day, would anyone be willing to give us a ride? Gas money and whatnot will be given if desired.

Ignore this, I was unaware of the cancellation.

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
I will give an offical response for that.

Pownz is dedicated to competitive communities and our mission is to bring them to higher levels of competitive play than everyone is used to. Unfortunatly we decided to take a step back and re-assess all our tournaments and events and how we can improve them, because they were not reaching the attendances and levels that we wanted. As many as you are aware we have been doing numerous street fighter events and working with their community as a means to learn different methods of community improvement.

It looked like we stopped tournaments cold turkey but at the time many events were occuring such as the ECCL and Havoc in the Hammer and it seemed like the community was in capable hands in terms of competitive events while we took a short break.

We had no intention of leaving smash because as some know, majority of our team members play brawl religiously. We didn't say anything only because we had nothing at the time to report, but we are aware how it must of appeared.

Which is why in the upcomming months Pownz will be looking to bring higher profile smash brothers brawl events comparable to the likes of our Toshiba event as well as an electronic form of ranking, unfortunatly I can't go into more detail then that but it is safe to say our hiatus is at an end.

-Drekkonis

Gichan

Smash Champion
jesus, good to hear. I hope that is the case and not that you guys dropped us for a better game (which means better money).

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
jesus, good to hear. I hope that is the case and not that you guys dropped us for a better game (which means better money).
No, we didn't drop smash, brawl is very much integrated in our plans to making esports a viable sport in Canada. But we had to take a minute and examine other communities as whole not just smash.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Drekken you are full of crap, no notice? You don't even have the decency to make a post ANYWHERE here saying we'll be gone for 3 months. POWNZ SUCKS

I wasn't ever going to bother with Pownz ever again, but then Iliad put it in perspective to me and told me that it would be better for the community to have more poeple enter the tournament, so I MAY end up going depending on if I get a ride, but I'm not gonna get the car to bring Sauga for this piece of crap organization

swordgard

Smash Hero
Drekken you are full of crap, no notice? You don't even have the decency to make a post ANYWHERE here saying we'll be gone for 3 months. POWNZ SUCKS

I wasn't ever going to bother with Pownz ever again, but then Iliad put it in perspective to me and told me that it would be better for the community to have more poeple enter the tournament, so I MAY end up going depending on if I get a ride, but I'm not gonna get the car to bring Sauga for this piece of crap organization

As far as I know, they are not obliged to. They are hosting tourneys for you, please have some respect for them.

Drekken

Smash Cadet

I am sorry you feel that way Mikey7, honestly you are right that we didn't leave a message anywhere that we were taking a break, I explained our reasoning behind it. I apologized for the lack of communication and as a sign of good faith we are starting them back up.

To be honest I didn't think the community even really liked our tournaments:

The Pownz-ECCSL Ladder : In order to give a whole new dimension to this project, ECCSL has contacted Pownz, who has accepted to create a common ladder with ECCSL. This will mean that a decent amount of Pownz tourneys will directly contribute to this ladder. The details have yet to be confirmed, but be prepared for some hype for the biggest Canadian Ladder as of to date. More details on this soon.Dropped by popular demand. Is replaced by normal ladder.
which we responded and asked for reconsideration which we were met with only hisses and boos.

so when we fell off the grid I was surprised to have people inquire why we stopped our monthlies (we never stopped our weeklies btw: we actually improved them).

But Mikey7 if you really think we are "piece of crap organization" do not feel obligated to make an appearance, I would never want you to be forced to come to a tournament.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Thinking that we didn't like your tournaments is exactly what I'm talking about lol.

-we posted alot about pownz, no answer
-our biggest tournies were pownz tournies

Now its true, we didnt like them at first. BUT then you said OK, we'll let someone from the community host it i.e. me. Negative feedback? 0

ECCSL - was destined to fail since we're not going up to Montreal since Ambrose stopped playing and because at the time your seeding was bad THEN YOU GUYS STARTED CARING AND ASKED ME TO HOST THE TOURNAMENT.

Idk what happened, but somewhere along the lines you lost interest in our community and perhaps it was just to chase the big money that is sf4, but we were just left in the dust.

NOW some positive crap
-thank you for manning up and admitting that you were wrong. That alone makes me see that you realize that you made an error and care enough to try to make us happy again

Tell you the truth I just wanted the apology lol idk I'm just like that ; ) I mean I realize you're a business but first rule is to please the customers.

I'll probably come out if you guys host one at a decent time now that I know you care somewhat about the customers ; ) BUT one slip up and I'll let you know about it

.Marik

is a social misfit
Drekken, host one in December, over the Christmas break perhaps?

I want to play your Sonic again. Pownz is a really nice store, too bad it's all the way in Hamilton. It's hell getting there and back.

Drekken

Smash Cadet
its been moved to the 19th of december, the Pownz account will make an offical post next week. we will also releasing 2 surprises for the smash community next week to.

Top Bottom