• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'll be having my first Valentine ever with my girlfriend. Eating at a restaurant, watching a movie (probably "Bullet to the Head"), and then going back home to... end the day on a high note. I'll admit, I'm a bit nervous, since I've never had a Valentines before.

:phone:

LadyFreyaDavram

Goddess of Vanda Knights
Premium
life has been way too decent lately. i feel like i'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop instead of just enjoying the moment to the fullest. also it's weird how much facebook has gotten me so much action lately. though, i guess it's not that weird, since i can express myself in a better and more refined way over a social networking site than i can in person.

i can't wait till valentine's day. i'm playing a show and there's a girl i want to kiss and give chocolates,.
Awe, >w< that's so cute. I'm kinda of a hopeless romantic and hearing what you want to do for this girl you like. I'm sure you could land her. That's if she likes that kinda thing. I hope I am not prying by giving my opinion.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Awe, >w< that's so cute. I'm kinda of a hopeless romantic and hearing what you want to do for this girl you like. I'm sure you could land her. That's if she likes that kinda thing. I hope I am not prying by giving my opinion.

Thanks for the encouraging words! I think she'll like it. She's been hitting on me constantly now for a while and was talking about how she was sad about having no valentines!

LadyFreyaDavram

Goddess of Vanda Knights
Premium
Thanks for the encouraging words! I think she'll like it. She's been hitting on me constantly now for a while and was talking about how she was sad about having no valentines!
I'm glad they same encouraging. :3 that's good at least you know she's into you. I'm sure you will make her day knowing that you would like to be her valentines. Hope everything goes well for you and good luck.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Question:

Is it strange I have no desire for love? Like I kinda feel sick towards it?It feels strange, yet normal. Meh...

On a good note, I bought a GameCube Controller from Amazon. It's New according to the site :D

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Question:

Is it strange I have no desire for love? Like I kinda feel sick towards it?It feels strange, yet normal. Meh...

On a good note, I bought a GameCube Controller from Amazon. It's New according to the site :D
You don't have love for anything in life? Romantic love isn't the only valid love. What does "feel sick towards it" mean? How old are you if you don't mind?

LadyFreyaDavram

Goddess of Vanda Knights
Premium
Question:

That's a good thing I guess, cause when you least expect it you might find your true love. :3

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
You don't have love for anything in life? Romantic love isn't the only valid love. What does "feel sick towards it" mean? How old are you if you don't mind?
When I mean love, I mean like person to person love. I just don't seem to comprehend. Probably not old enough to actually see it. But this isn't the unhappy thread so...

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Lol at my mom thinking that I'm gonna pay for my the yearly renewal of our magik jack prescription just because I need it right now, when I'll be in this country for only about a month more. The money is for damn sure coming out of her bank account.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
When I mean love, I mean like person to person love. I just don't seem to comprehend. Probably not old enough to actually see it. But this isn't the unhappy thread so...
It's not really something that people generally seek out. It just happens. Sometimes it's extremely inconvenient but in my experience it's not a feeling that I choose to have or not have for people. It just is.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Doing frame by frame animation for a walk cycle. It's fun making things look like they are moving around on screen, but it's a lot of work...

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So today I am on my third month on hormones officially. Today is also the day I officially begin taking my double dosages that my doctor prescribed me (4MG estradiol, and 200MG spironolactone), so any changes to my body, including changes I have already been experiencing, should come faster and become more pronounced. The only downside is that I'll be more prone to becoming extremely emotional... aka, a *****.

"And here we go" ~ The Joker (Heath Ledger), The Dark Knight

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
So today I am on my third month on hormones officially. Today is also the day I officially begin taking my double dosages that my doctor prescribed me (4MG estradiol, and 200MG spironolactone), so any changes to my body, including changes I have already been experiencing, should come faster and become more pronounced. The only downside is that I'll be more prone to becoming extremely emotional... aka, a *****.

"And here we go" ~ The Joker (Heath Ledger), The Dark Knight

I'm ignorant of this, so please humor me.

Are you saying that taking female hormones are making your emotions more extreme and more difficult to control? I just want to have some kind of proof when I argue with my female friends about how much more emotional women are than men.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Are you saying that taking female hormones are making your emotions more extreme and more difficult to control? I just want to have some kind of proof when I argue with my female friends about how much more emotional women are than men.
Yes, women are emotional than men. Estrogen is a hell of a hormone.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Women can be more emotional than men
But if you use that against women, yeah good luck
You'll lose some friends or piss people off.
I know guys who are WAYYY more emotional than girls
It's honestly all about how you handle yourself and control how you act. And yeah estrogen is the worst thing ever holy crap. When hormones go outta whack during periods/pregnancy, it's awful for everyone
Especially the woman tho. It's way confusing/scary not having control over emotions

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Women can be more emotional than men
But if you use that against women, yeah good luck
You'll lose some friends or piss people off.
I know guys who are WAYYY more emotional than girls
It's honestly all about how you handle yourself and control how you act. And yeah estrogen is the worst thing ever holy crap. When hormones go outta whack during periods/pregnancy, it's awful for everyone
Especially the woman tho. It's way confusing/scary not having control over emotions

If you're going to lose friends over telling them the truth then you have to consider if those friends are worth happening. It's just a fact that women are more emotional that men.

I was able to make my first benefit claim today, if it goes through then I'm in business. really excited.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I think it's less that women are more emotional and more that they get emotional over different things, and sometimes that clashes with a male point of view when the woman wants them to feel way.

Also, it's fact? Really Froggy? Since when? I don't remember hearing any actual scientific group establishing that as fact. Sounds more like you're confusing personal opinions with fact.

And btw this is all coming from someone who cannot ****ing stand like 99% of women. For reference, I can't stand maybe 90% of all males.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I think it's less that women are more emotional and more that they get emotional over different things, and sometimes that clashes with a male point of view when the woman wants them to feel way.

Also, it's fact? Really Froggy? Since when? I don't remember hearing any actual scientific group establishing that as fact. Sounds more like you're confusing personal opinions with fact.

And btw this is all coming from someone who cannot ****ing stand like 99% of women. For reference, I can't stand maybe 90% of all males.

In your opening theory are you suggesting that men are just as emotional as women are? "Wants them to feel way"?

It's fact because of estrogen, look up the effects it has on the human body.

Not sure if you're talking about me or not, because the majority of my close friends happen to be female. Girls are nice, they just happen to be very annoying as well.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
In your opening theory are you suggesting that men are just as emotional as women are? "Wants them to feel way"?

It's fact because of estrogen, look up the effects it has on the human body.

Not sure if you're talking about me or not, because the majority of my close friends happen to be female. Girls are nice, they just happen to be very annoying as well.
Generally in a discussion or debate, the person who makes a claim has the burden of proof. Saying "this is a fact but I have no sources, go look it up yourself" is poor form son.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Generally in a discussion or debate, the person who makes a claim has the burden of proof. Saying "this is a fact but I have no sources, go look it up yourself" is poor form son.
I was actually half joking while I said that, but you have a fair point.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-01/sicp-tio010912.php

http://women.webmd.com/guide/estrogen-and-womens-emotions

I'm really not trying to convince anyone of anything. I feel as if Claire Divnier has already validated my opinion on this.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
From what I skimmed I gathered that the article states the effects of estrogen to one's mood.

What about testosterone? You've provided no concrete proof that they are "more" emotional than men, you've outlined how they can have different causes for their emotions.

@Cannedbread: I don't really have an opinion of you/didn't even what gender you are.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
From what I skimmed I gathered that the article states the effects of estrogen to one's mood.

What about testosterone? You've provided no concrete proof that they are "more" emotional than men, you've outlined how they can have different causes for their emotions.

@Cannedbread: I don't really have an opinion of you/didn't even what gender you are.
Like I told you before......look it up.

How could you not know canonbread's gender when he was complaining before that he was afraid of never loosing his virginity?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Testosterone can make men "emotional"

For instance, elevated amounts of testosterone can lead to aggression. 'Roid rage?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steroid

Some people are even naturally aggressive due to testosterone. This isnt a one way argument, Froggy.

And I think I might know a teeeeny bit more about estrogen and emotions than you from experience

Chaco

Never Logs In
People using test outside of doctor recommendation though is natural to see adverse side effects. Improper dosing and maxed doses to improve gains...it's not surprising that you see roid rage and increased aggression not only naturally with test but from adrenal boosts.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Exactly. It's an extreme example of testosterone and "emotional" effects, but it can work in smaller scale in the human body

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
i told you man it's not as much about losing my virginity as it is finding a cute girl to take walks with and listen to jpop with
I gotta tell you man, I really think after accomplishing the former, the latter will seem less important.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I think I've got my General Tso Chicken meal down pat now. It's very delicious! It's a lot of fun to prepare.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
this is ridiculous
not everyone shares your values. also losing your virginity isnt some magical ritual that changes who you are in any form except maybe increasing self confidence a little bit

It's just my opinion on the situation.

I think the bigger problem is that Canonbread is idealizing what it's like to be with a woman, likely because he's never had sex and never had a girlfriend. I believe once he starts to become more experienced his overall values and philosophies on the topic will change.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always thought loosing your virginity is what started the pupae stage of the human life cycle

I was looking forward to eventually growing wings after emerging from a Chrysalis...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I gotta tell you man, I really think after accomplishing the former, the latter will seem less important.
This is the silliest thing I've read all day.

I just got out of a 1 year/2 month relationship and I miss my ex's company 10x more than I miss the sex.

Losing your virginity really isn't as difficult or life changing as some people make it out to be... Finding a partner that is 100% compatible with you to the point where you'll want to spend the rest of your life with said parter is extremely hard and probably the most life changing experience a person can go through.

Top Bottom