• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
there is a thing called PMs. Private Messages.

I say this because NOBODY CARES ABOUT THIS CRAP besides you and maybe Pluvia. and I'm sure Pluvia doesn't even care, I think he just likes starting crap with people.

there is no obligation to defend yourself in public internet, because nobody cares. even if we DIDN'T outright say to STOP it, that wouldn't make it cool to keep furthering this conversation, because it is off topic and derails the thread into some petty argument revolved around you.

but we DID say to STOP it. and yeah, "I didn't bother to read the thread" isn't even a ghost of an excuse.

uh, so yeah. infraction and an extra "nobody cares about you/your internet dignity" and as an aside: "you'd think someone being homeless would call for growth as a person into one not so invested with smartphone and video game forum minutiae."- Gandhi
Just because other people care doesn't make his questioning my honesty any less insulting. I fail to see why other people not caring should make something that bothers me bother me any less. Other people are not me. I am me, and only I am me.

I do agree I should have gone to PM, but w/e.

Also;

Like I said before, I'm leaving my laptop @ my grandparents house when I go to job corps. I feel that a smartphone that's half the price of my laptop, and something like 10% of its size and weight would be much easier to manage. Also, again, it's a present to me from my Mom since she got her tax refund, and I've been due for a new phone since forever. (Again, I've had absolute bottom of the line phones for as long as I've even OWNED a phone. My phone doesn't even get coverage @ my dorm :|)

With that aside, I'm very fond of my LG Optimus V. The only function it doesn't do inherently, that the C does; Tethering, can be worked around via some minor settings changes, and a small, free app, and without rooting the phone in the first place. The phone's fast, responsive, and even has some features about it that I personally like more than other smartphones at least double its price, and specs. I'm finding it easier to type on my LG Optimus V than my grandmother's Droid 2, despite her phone being much better than mine. Other than a few timing discrepancies, such as just missing the phone @ it's special discounted price, and the carrier being down for maintenance and being based in Britain means I won't actually be able to use its phone, and 3g capabilities until tonight. :(

@Elvis: Get duckettes, acquire LG Optimus V, sell existing Phone for around $85~$145 depending on where you go.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
"chinless" implies that the person is a result of incestuous union and has such has birth defects.

"chav" is like the British equivalent to wiggers or thugs in the US.

also, don't double post!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Chavs are always white!

Get me?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
From 8:30 AM Monday to 4:00 AM Tuesday, I stayed constantly productive, except for Breakfast, Dinner, and two small breaks between 10 PM Monday, and 1 AM Tuesday, helping my grandfather with gardening, helping my grandmother with learning her new Droid 2, helping my mom figure out what equipment she needs to replace her existing, and falling apart equipment, as well as helping her catch up on paper work.
Made money, had fun, but now I hurt like hell, but mostly from the about 8-hour gardening project lol.

Now currently cleaning my room, doing laundry, and doing research on what sorts of accessories I want to purchase for my Phone. :3

@Palpi:

The thread is still the happy thread, if you ignore my reply to Pluvia, and read the second part of the post aimed @ Nicknyte. ;D

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Yea. Ruby, try to make your posts equal like, 2 sentences. Most of the post is TL;DR for me lolol

I'll keep my Intercept. I hate virtual keyboards for a passion. Also, the trade in value for my phone is still 160 dollars, where then new Optima is 200. I'll just keep the Intercept for now.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Did you get the 2.2 update for your intercept? It came out yesterday.

Also the Optimus is a bamf. No stability issues, no hanging on screens, and doesn't afraid of anything.

D

Deleted member

What made me happy today was a joke in VERY poor taste by my friend Brad toward a clergyman.

Clergyman: "Yeah, my wife and I tried to concieve many times, but she had three consecutive stillbirths..."

Brad: "At least she has a pretty high killstreak!"

It was the longest awkward silence I've ever seen.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm going to be living in the jungle for the next 12 months, with the coolest housemate, in a house full of stray cats and dawgs. i'll be about a 5 minute walk from the beach and coral reefs

also, the rent's about... $50 a month :grin:

RATED

Smash Lord
What made me happy today was a joke in VERY poor taste by my friend Brad toward a clergyman.

Clergyman: "Yeah, my wife and I tried to concieve many times, but she had three consecutive stillbirths..."

Brad: "At least she has a pretty high killstreak!"

It was the longest awkward silence I've ever seen.
OMG. I LOL'd hard to that. I would have died there laughing.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I am on track to get a 3.3 this semester from last semester 1.8 (soon to be 2.5 once I retake a class I failed) and I have been feeling just really great. Summer is almost here as well and I will finally get to see all my friends again!

yay!

RATED

Smash Lord
I had a great day, I went to the college I used to study before I transfered and it was awesome. I can't wait to get back there in one year.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Job Corps finally called me back, but only after I complained to the head administrator. :\

Waiting on another call-back after my councilor gets in contact with my CPSA case-manager.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Finally found a FG I can play (Mortal Kombat) besides Melee/Brawl/SC. I think Capcom games just don't suit me.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I honestly would've gotten iPhone Ruby, but what you're getting is nice aswell. I have the latest iTouch, and I wish I had an iPhone soley because I have to leech of wifi, which is rare in Alabama.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
iphone sucks, ios sucks, and the carriers that support it are FAAAAAAAAAAAAR out of my price range.

The phone I have is technically inferior to the iphone in terms of hardware, but I'm only paying $32 a month for unlimited data, and phone insurance, and I couldn't even use up 300 minutes if I tried. Plus Android is superior in just about every sense of the world.

No contract is the seal to the deal.

Dr.Fair

Smash Rookie
I have a cheap outdated flip phone that actually has access to the internet.

New technology is nice but it isn't necessarily always needed. Besides I'm sure in 10 years the outdated phones will be something with specs like the iphone. What's the point in paying $50 a month when you can just wait for the price to go down?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Because I need a phone that I can do my homework on since I'm leaving my laptop in storage.

iphone sucks tho. ios is a heap of ****.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
phone talk is mad boring!

anyways, I'm pretty happy. I finally got together with this artistically/emotionally inclined girl to shoot some stuff like we've been planning to for forever. It was mostly just random crap that I'll probably never use but it was cool to get comfortable with a stranger (practically) and telling them what to do and having them do it.

Then we watched Inland Empire, which makes her the first person who was willing to sit through the majority of that movie with me. Even better, she was totally "on the level" and transfixed by the whole thing and she didn't think it was creepy of me to have seen it 4-5 times. She's really easy to talk to just because our interests and passions are so aligned and I think it will be a fruitful relationship. She also got me writing again, with something that I'm already really proud of and excited to start even though I'm not even finished writing it.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I am no longer sick :awesome: been sick for the past 2 weeks-ish. Feels good to be able to breathe.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
**** writing, lets talk about smartphones. (Aka pocket pcs with a phone plan ;D)

I'd post more on androidforums, and XDA but they are decidedly inactive.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
If you've ever played with one of the latest android phones, you'd realize how subpar the iPhone is.

Top Bottom