• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Hello Pit boards; just a question. What do you think about the R.O.B. MU and why? Thanks in advance!

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
+1 in our favor

We out camp, we can juggle better, have slightly better follow ups. I would say ROB's best kill move is predictable as well as his projectiles. ROB is pretty scary offstage and could get a bair or an usmash kill with a proper read. Only thing he has on us is range with his tilts which can be annoying at times, but I still think we have the advantage. His recovery is better, but we can drain it all away if we're accurate enough with arrows.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i would say they have about equal recoveries luckay. we have +2 jumps on him and a glide. his booster is epic awesome tho but overall they are about equal recovery wise. but if you're just comparing WOI to BOOSTER than yes rob wins there on a strictly recovery basis

evenish leaning+1 us because even though you outrange us with tilts, like luckay said we outcamp, outjuggle, have better follow ups, but most importantly we got priority on you. our nair pokes your shield all day, so does our jab. our utilt wrecks up close because it is really easy to follow up on rob when pit is close. plus our reflectors actually matter :p however if you can keep us off you while staying in tilt range it can be kinda hard to get inside. also you can actually gimp us as opposed to most characters so that is a plus for ya. however tbh we have the easier time getting kills since like i said earlier your shield is so easy to poke. hell i've shield poked ROBs with fsmash for kills several times.

that's my 2 cents anyways

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Hello Pit boards; just a question. What do you think about the R.O.B. MU and why? Thanks in advance!
I'd say it is Pit's advantage, but not by much. ROB isn't hard to juggle and arrows are really annoying for him to deal with.

On ROB's side, he can boss Pit around when it comes to air combat.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'd say +1 Pit. ROB does have good range on us, but we outcamp and cause damage more easily than ROB does. Although, ROB does have some sick aerials and can knock us out of the air with anyone of them X__X.
Learn when to dodge. Only bair has a major afterburner affect which can sometime be avioded by simply FF airdodge. With nair if u time it right you can AD it every time. Also, ff bair can beat nair since it comes out faster.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
One good thing about the Rob match is his size. Making Pit's bair a lot easier to sweet spot. Wait for Rob to air dodge and you got yourself a free sweet spot bair.

The gyros are so fun to use once you can pick them up from a rising air dodge. Is it possible to glide toss down dribble the gyro and then pivot arrow?

Silly question, but if you arrow loop and Rob uses the spinning arm move (Side B) to deflect the arrow, while Pit does the angel ring move to deflect back at rob, will that still OHKO Rob the same way you can OHKO Falco/Wolf's reflectors?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Pit vs Rob 60-40 or +1 for your new stupid match up ****. Rob's shield is garbage. We out camp him. Our aerials destroy his shield. Our Uptilt shield Stabs Him a lot. His ftilt is annoying. His killing moves are too predictable, the only way he should be killing Pit early is Hardcore Gimps. Other than that Pit shouldn't be dying till 147%

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
if you use a GC controller, i would have tap jump off, and switch L or R to jump so that you can perform better at retreating and buffered aerial combat, and X or Y to special to special so that you can instant jump WOI cancel ledge regrabing so that edgeguarding is easier. also makes it easier to some tricky wavebounce stuff. that's what i do anyways when i use a GC controller.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I believe pit is best used with standard controller. With tap jump off. And i believe he should leave R alone that way it makes DACG alot easier to time. I mean if you have trouble b-reversing standardly....that just means you didn't practice enough :p

Edit: Imo

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
this^^^x1000xinfinity!

and only have one trigger for shield. there is no reason to have both of them for shield unless for some reason you shield with one and tech with the other. but honestly who does that? i would rather set it to jump for spacing with pit or my marth. when i use other character's like falco and fox who have BDACUS (fox shine>BDACUS ftw, falco BDACUS out dthrow ftduh) so i can charge it or just for dacus in general.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
no i don't believe it would. you have to hit with a move for it to become stale.

also, how could you possibly have a stale glair in combat lol? that move is always deadly fresh. i don't get how anyone could "spam" glair lol :)

stantheyeti

Smash Rookie
I know how to arrow loop decently but it never seems useful in a real game scenario, but then I see games by koolaid and there's at least one a game. Is it worth my time to learn how to arrow loop precisley to where I want it?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Not precisely, but it's good for the feel of where you want it to go in the general area. Spend more time working on the basics though. Masashi don't loop.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
get your basics down. then MASTER arrow looping. i don't care what any1 says it has plenty of uses in game that people who can't arrow loop with precision never see because they can't loop it to that angle and thus don't even know about the situation. perfect arrow looping requires way more angle manipulation than most people use in order to obtain perfection at it. and even then there are matches where you can go the entire match where there is not even a time where it could have been useful (not likely in my eyes but then again arrow combat is kinda my specialty) so it is important to get those basics down first. but don't think it's as simple as one way looping or one location raining.

your looping eyes start to open when you can miss someone with the loop, pull it up, and then bring that same arrow to hit them either via rain or in the back after they have moved to a different spot. when i first did that is when i started noticing all the possible angles i could get with just slight adjustment on my raining and looping tactics and sat down and worked my *** off at single arrow combat. however until i get down the uses of multi-loop combat, i can't say i've mastered all aspects so im gonna be workin that after i get some other stuff worked out.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
like i said/agreed, basics first. and a lot of times you won't need it. but it's better to have and not need it than need it and not have it. but i agree it's not neccessary, it's just really convienient having more options in the end.

stantheyeti

Smash Rookie
I still wasn't buying it until i saw your combo vid divine sniper. Angelic. Anyways, do you guys know what most of the pros use for controller layouts? Ally, Anther, Rich Brown, you?

Top Bottom