• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Levitas

the moon
I'm collecting official data for the smash lab, and I want to test input data for any ATs related to the characters I'm testing (I've done the psi kids already, and I have Pit and ROB up next)

I want to get windows on any ATs that you guys might have. Lucas and Ness have zap jumping, lucas has thundersliding, ROB has aerial gyro-cancelling, and you guys have wing cancelling, but I'm sure there's more that I haven't heard about, so I'd like you guys to respond and give me a better list.

Wing renewal isn't something that would go here, because it's just touching the ground any time he wings are out. Of course, arrow looping is the same.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
@ Choke: I don't think we even had some comeplete discussions for Pit on 2v2s, except that he's perhaps the best supportive partner in the game with reflectors and a projectile of his own who also has great gimping capabilities. Basically, Pit would be more Defensive than Offensive, but it also depends on the Pit player too.
For me, I would partner up with some kind of power character (Excluding Snake), but probably DK or Wario with their speed compared to other heavies or maybe Bowser for pure armor.

LoveChrist

Smash Cadet
If I could choose my partner for a 2v2--It'd probably be a good Ness or Lucas. You can heal them with your arrows AND having 2 projectiles flying at someone (that can be controlled) would get quite annoying. Especially if your opponent(s) are off stage.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
I'm collecting official data for the smash lab, and I want to test input data for any ATs related to the characters I'm testing (I've done the psi kids already, and I have Pit and ROB up next)

I want to get windows on any ATs that you guys might have. Lucas and Ness have zap jumping, lucas has thundersliding, ROB has aerial gyro-cancelling, and you guys have wing cancelling, but I'm sure there's more that I haven't heard about, so I'd like you guys to respond and give me a better list.

Wing renewal isn't something that would go here, because it's just touching the ground any time he wings are out. Of course, arrow looping is the same.
im pretty sure all AT's and how to do them are mentioned in one of the guides we have stickied, might wanna just look at those for what you want

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
im teaming up with a good marth at a tourney this saturday does anyone have any advise im gonna play pretty defensively thanx to admirals advice but any other pointers?

Coffee™

I need it....

Only thing I can think of to test as far as ATs are concerned is Glideshifting.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
Yo i was wondering if there is any thread that has some standardized knockback listings for all of pits moves
like what percent it kills at
i know the ultimate guide has generals, but i prefer something a little more specific

arm

Smash Apprentice
Wouldnt generals be more helpful, considering not all the characters weigh the same?

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
Wouldnt generals be more helpful, considering not all the characters weigh the same?
i figure go specific off of the heaviest char from the center of FD, and that way you know for sure at what percent people will definitely fall at, depending on what move you hit with

arm

Smash Apprentice
i figure go specific off of the heaviest char from the center of FD, and that way you know for sure at what percent people will definitely fall at, depending on what move you hit with
Oh, I see. Well then, this question could easily be answered in training. Just move the cpu to center stage, set the percentage, then let em fly.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
The question wasn't how to test it, it was "is their a thread with this data?" As far as I know we don't have one, but feel free to make it ill be sure to at least link it in the U guide.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
The question wasn't how to test it, it was "is their a thread with this data?" As far as I know we don't have one, but feel free to make it ill be sure to at least link it in the U guide.
aiight need to get someone over who is willing to do the boring job of DI-ing with snake while i test the percents, or do you think it would be ok to do without DI?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
DI, more importantly smash DI is some thing you'll want if the data will matter at all. At the competitive Lv thats what people will be doing and thats what you'll want to know. If you feel the need though find the KO%s with out DI just as a reference.

The only real problem I see with this is that you will be finding Snakes KO %'s for each move, although that is good and will show us the "max" % they can be at to get killed, that number won't be the same for say MK. But I don't expect you to find the kill percents for every move against everyone so we can adjust accordingly. And maby one day complete the list.

Also don't both finding out what some of the moves will kill at, such as arrows or other attack that should never kill when they are on the stage.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
well i figure if i use snake, he is the heaviest, so that move will no matter what kill at that percentage. that list that you speak of corrupt, would be massive. 35 chars, 11 possible kill moves = 385 trials.... ouch

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
thats why I said I don't expect it, and using Snake (like you said the heaviest) would be the easist way to do it. But maby someday when im board I will find out another chars kill %'s and add to the list. Then by the year 2030 we will have a complete list. =P

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
thats why I said I don't expect it, and using Snake (like you said the heaviest) would be the easist way to do it. But maby someday when im board I will find out another chars kill %'s and add to the list. Then by the year 2030 we will have a complete list. =P
lulz
alright well i'll see if i can get the list done this weekend depends on my smash friend can come over haha, smash friend sounds really gay

madival

Smash Cadet
Where do I find what has been baned in tournements. Someone was saying that DDD's chain grab is often banned from tourneys and such. Is there a universal place where to find this list?

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Here's a list of recoveries that can be Mirror-shielded. Does anyone have some I'm missing? 'Cause I know a few are.

Bowser’s Up-B
Donkey Kong’s Up-B
Falco’s Up-B
Fox’s Up-B
Ike’s Up-B
Kirby’s Up-B
Lucas’ Up-B
Ness’ Up-B
Marth's Up-B
Peach's Up-B
Mario’s Up-B
Metaknight's Up-B
Squirtle’s Up-B
Charizard’s Up-B
Samus’ Up-B
Toon Link’s Up-B
Link’s Up-B
Wolf’s Up-B

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I have a few Q's for Pit. He's my secondary and he's effing sweet. maybe even better than my Samus. I was wondering how Effective shield dashing is for him?it's useful for a lot of things and I can do it pretty well because of samus maining, but never really tried as Pit, thought of him as someone who defends only when he has to rather attack more than defending works better.

second Q. Can someone direct me to the How-to's of Pit's AT's? I read the stuff from corrupt fate and feel sorry for him to have gathered all that info must have taken forever, and checked the AT 's for pit but didn't find good explanations of how to do them.

and I'll be back if I have some more but please lemme know about those. Oh! and once I half learn some AT's does anyone decently good want to help me with them? I learn from exp

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Idk as for techs, i dont really think any of them are that hard to perform to be honest. Its actually harder to learn when to do them rather then how. The complex arrow looping and i guess the "ART" are hard to do. Other then that there u should be able to do them easily.

As for tech guides, im not really sure about easy to understand ones. I got bored recently and have been making a pit guide for my clan $B, your free to take a look at it to see if it can help you. Its not nearly complete but it has some of his techs and i guess other good to know stuff about pit. But its far from being as indepth as any of the guides you may find on here. But its really just for my own entertainment. Theres a link below.

The Power Of Flight A Pit Guide

I hope it helps you some.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Phaigne, when you say the space animals up-b can be reflected, is it only their "fire" up-bs (the slower ones)?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Idk as for techs, i dont really think any of them are that hard to perform to be honest. Its actually harder to learn when to do them rather then how. The complex arrow looping and i guess the "ART" are hard to do. Other then that there u should be able to do them easily.

As for tech guides, im not really sure about easy to understand ones. I got bored recently and have been making a pit guide for my clan $B, your free to take a look at it to see if it can help you. Its not nearly complete but it has some of his techs and i guess other good to know stuff about pit. But its far from being as indepth as any of the guides you may find on here. But its really just for my own entertainment. Theres a link below.

The Power Of Flight A Pit Guide

I hope it helps you some.
Haha Lawl dude I can Arrow loop Already the angel ring Tech is Friggen impossible to time, but I know that you have to do it while going up or something and when you land it moves you forward. Any other tips on that would be much appreciated. Thanks for the help though Ryos4

Bolt 145

Smash Rookie
Is pit realy that good?

Well i play lucas and my bro plays pit and well... i get owned. So i come to your fourm and wached some vids and read some guides. And i have two questions.

First: What is pits learning curve? As in if i were to play pit would it go from being bad and then haveing it to be REALY hard to get good or is it gradual?

Second: I have alot of trouble with Pits arrows and aiming them and stuff. So then is there anything i can do to make me arrow aiming better?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Answer to 1) Pit can be very east to pick up and play at the beginner level, but don't expect to go to a tournement and do well because of this. After all he is middle tier, so even at the competitive level he isn't seen as a huge threat.

2) Its just practice. Make a stage to practice looping arrows/arrow control on, do the target test a few times, and just get used to using them in a fight. It'll become 2nd nature in no time.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
Well i play lucas and my bro plays pit and well... i get owned. So i come to your fourm and wached some vids and read some guides. And i have two questions.

First: What is pits learning curve? As in if i were to play pit would it go from being bad and then haveing it to be REALY hard to get good or is it gradual?

Second: I have alot of trouble with Pits arrows and aiming them and stuff. So then is there anything i can do to make me arrow aiming better?
what corrupt said,

also pit counters lucas so when playing you are already at a disadvantage

Ryos4

Smash Lord
u do realize when i say complex arrow looping i didnt mean a normal arrow loop. I mean like layering or w/e they call it, raining, swarming, and a bunch of other arrow related stuff. Its not hard to do them but its hard to aim them correctly. As for the Angel rings tech, i talked about it in my guide to the point that i think most people know about it, or atleast think how it works. I havent really checked up on it but thats what ive heard about it, and successfully performed it using that info.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
u do realize when i say complex arrow looping i didnt mean a normal arrow loop. I mean like layering or w/e they call it, raining, swarming, and a bunch of other arrow related stuff. Its not hard to do them but its hard to aim them correctly. As for the Angel rings tech, i talked about it in my guide to the point that i think most people know about it, or atleast think how it works. I havent really checked up on it but thats what ive heard about it, and successfully performed it using that info.
I did not no. Yeah I can't do that but who has the time to do that in a match? and I'll forgo the ART for now :p might learn it later though.

haha yes for arrows Practice makes perfect.

Siblingz

Smash Rookie
You shouldn't try to be fancy, just hit them with arrows. You can hold them for awhile to hit a mistimed spotdodged.

I used to think mastering arrow loop and blitz meant something but I was wrong. I lost pit mirrors I shouldn't have lost because of it.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Good to know. Yeah I only ever use it in an intence fight when they are at high damages and off screen. makes them feel uncomfortable.

Blinds

Smash Cadet
Lately I've been having difficulties with the Pit vs. Wolf matchup. It's extremely even right now, but some of the matchup threads give the fight to Pit, so I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing.

Really the main problem comes when I try to approach. Wolf's ftilt and fsmash outrange/outspace the majority of Pit's ground attacks, and if I try for an aerial approach, I get shield grabbed or hit with a dsmash. And if I try to camp, my arrow spam gets reflected. Luckily, wolf has similar problems approaching/camping me, and a much more gimpable recovery. I'll either predict a scar, or gimp him with arrows while he's off the stage.

So as a result, the fight is extremely stage dependent. I lose on Yoshi's Island, Wolf loses on Lylat Cruise. Is that just the nature of the matchup or is there something I'm not aware of?

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Lately I've been having difficulties with the Pit vs. Wolf matchup. It's extremely even right now, but some of the matchup threads give the fight to Pit, so I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing.

Really the main problem comes when I try to approach. Wolf's ftilt and fsmash outrange/outspace the majority of Pit's ground attacks, and if I try for an aerial approach, I get shield grabbed or hit with a dsmash. And if I try to camp, my arrow spam gets reflected. Luckily, wolf has similar problems approaching/camping me, and a much more gimpable recovery. I'll either predict a scar, or gimp him with arrows while he's off the stage.

So as a result, the fight is extremely stage dependent. I lose on Yoshi's Island, Wolf loses on Lylat Cruise. Is that just the nature of the matchup or is there something I'm not aware of?
Your aerial approach has a few big flaws if you're getting shield grabbed and dsmashed a lot. It isn't a matter of it being ineffective, but more you're not correctly spacing yourself while attacking. What I'd suggest is work more on being able to use an attack where you want to, then be able to back off while still in the air. It'll become second nature over time, especially when you're playing a person that shield grabs a lot.

Now on the topic of arrow spamming, don't ever straight arrow shoot anybody with a reflector. If you're on the ground, try moving it up then down towards the opponent. I've done this, and it just whizzes past your head. SH'ing and shooting arrows downwards onto your opponent is nice for approaching and avoiding getting hit by your own arrows. Using both of these will help you not get hurt as much.

As for your ground approach, I'm not sure what to tell you other than just be aware of what's going on as you're approaching. My ground game is actually fairly weak, and you're right about Wolf having a lot of range on you :ohwell:

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
Answer to 1) Pit can be very east to pick up and play at the beginner level, but don't expect to go to a tournement and do well because of this. After all he is middle tier, so even at the competitive level he isn't seen as a huge threat.
yea but he can be a real contender dont let it make you put pit down

2) Its just practice. Make a stage to practice looping arrows/arrow control on, do the target test a few times, and just get used to using them in a fight. It'll become 2nd nature in no time.
to add to that, mindgames are huge for pit he has one of the best mindgames in the entire game imo (arrow loop) and its also one of the only ways for pit to combo like for example looped arrow to f-tilt

Ayoub

Smash Ace
Hi.

I've got problems fitghting against snake. I don't know why people say that Pit is good agains snake. But I can't do it, lol. Someone tell me how to fight a good snake with pit. What do I have to use most?

MrEh

Smash Hero
Hi.

I've got problems fitghting against snake. I don't know why people say that Pit is good agains snake. But I can't do it, lol. Someone tell me how to fight a good snake with pit. What do I have to use most?
Pit isn't good against Snake. At best, he goes even with him. AT BEST.

If you want general advice, get him offstage or get him into the air.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Pit isn't good against Snake. At best, he goes even with him. AT BEST.

If you want general advice, get him offstage or get him into the air.
Concur, all his aerials are really laggy so he falls quiet a distance befor ehe can do his UpB to recover, so it's highly unlikely that he will be any good off stage.take him to a palce he can't use his Nades very well.

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
I notice how when most of you pits ledge game with arrow, you jump slightly away from the edge, shooting towards the stage. I have a little problem doing this, though there's probably a simple solution. Usually I drop from the ledge, jump directly up, and shoot. When I try to shoot the arrow off from away form the edge, I shoot away form the stage. Can anyone explain how they ledge camp with arrow? I'll provide a video if needed.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I notice how when most of you pits ledge game with arrow, you jump slightly away from the edge, shooting towards the stage. I have a little problem doing this, though there's probably a simple solution. Usually I drop from the ledge, jump directly up, and shoot. When I try to shoot the arrow off from away form the edge, I shoot away form the stage. Can anyone explain how they ledge camp with arrow? I'll provide a video if needed.
Heh, I did it the first time I tried only becasue I'm used to going from the ledge to the ground with Samus, back then up-then forward basically I do a little half circle, I do the same with pit except on the way up I push B. I would just say Practice practice practice :)

Top Bottom