• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
thats why i said if done CORRECTLY gliding will out prioritize him, you have to come lower then that so that he has to Fsmash rather then Usmash

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Other people need you!

DarkWarCloud has opened up the Training Grounds. What this is is a place for new players to learn who plays what characters all in a simple thread so that they can contact said person to "teach" them the basics. As of right now, we only have a handful of "teachers" for a few characters and we need more! This is where you come in. Anyone who is skilled with your characters (any character) and has the free time to teach someone how to either: Teach the basics of the game in general and/or teach specific character(s), go in the thread and either post or PM DarkWarCloud with your information (Format is in the thread) where you may possibly be contacted by someone who wants to learn. The future of smash lies in your hands.

On the other hand, if you wish to learn, go to the thread also!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241698

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Shield dash and SH F air. I play a spammy as hell zelda that Up smashes when I get close. good at it too, but no matter what the zelda does you should be able to F air them, then start your chain of attacks to rack damage.

that's how I do it with pit

Ayoub

Smash Ace
i was on smashville spammin arrows just messin around and i was doing one hop then shooting an arrow down at the cpu(it was teams) and one arrow hit the left side of the moving platform as it was coming back left and it glitched and stuck there. has this happened to anyone else.

-i doubt it is helpfull since it is probably hard to do if it did hurt i was just wondering
I did that twice. Once in a online match vs DK on battlefield. When it happend we were both taunting "lol", then he went to it and he got damage, and it disappeard. So, yes, it has a hitbox.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I did that twice. Once in a online match vs DK on battlefield. When it happend we were both taunting "lol", then he went to it and he got damage, and it disappeard. So, yes, it has a hitbox.

I got that too, and a random Pit I faced performed one too, on SV. When the platform stopped, it flew out. I has that replay somewhere.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Can anyone give me a few tips of against ZSS, I've just found out that there will be a quite a few at the tournament I'm going to tomorrow and I have no MU experience:(

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Umm watch out for Dsmash spam. Edge hog if u wanna be cheap,but becareful when you try to edge hog you, she can stage spike an spike with both her tether recoveries.

When the match starts beware her armor. Most likely shes gonna try to use it as a wall by throwing it down or up and saving one to toss at you. Keep an eye on the armor pieces and remember where they are until you manage to get rid of them or they disappear. Its also really good to try and take one for pit too. Make armor wall for urself and beat her down with her own armor.

Also be aware that most zss like to spam the side special when you are close to death or off stage trying to recover. Stay away from her when ever she uses her down special flip. Hit her with an arrow if you want but dont get too close to it. Off stage fighting your always at an advantage if you now how to fight off stage with pit. And anytime ur fighting aerial its always good to stay below Zss, because ur Uair is really good agianst her and she cant really do much to defend against it.

Just watch out for her stunning moves, and strong killing moves and u should be fine. Zss isnt all that hard for pit.

Also what is good is to try fighting a comp of her so you are able to get use to the range of her attacks, but keep in mind that human player style is much different.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
For ZSS be careful of:
-U-air spam if you're above her, and don't try to outprioritize it with D-air. U-air's spam speed is similar to Marth F-airs, and it's a KO move.

-Side-B is one of ZSS' KO moves, obviously, she may run away and try to space with it. Avoid the tip of it, and try arrows against it.

-Dsmash, obviously. If you camp wrong, you may get hit by Dsmash, and she can B-air u while u r stunned.

I cam asl Smaleee fpr some ZSS info i guess.

goodkid

Smash Lord
What is the Snake matchup ratio? What is the best way to approach Snake & play the matchup? Is there link that has this already?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
What is the Snake matchup ratio? What is the best way to approach Snake & play the matchup? Is there link that has this already?
Our matchup for Snake is outdated, but I would think it be 50/50 even but easily moves towards 45:55 in the favor of Snake due to power and range, which makes him hard to approach.

Well, at far range, Snakes may use their 'nades, and what I do is keep pressuring them with arrows so they will have less time to do what they want to do, and they may blow themselves up.
As for approaching, if u r to do a SH N-air, you better hope he doesn't U-tilt you or old a 'nade. Then you got Pit's F-air being one of his longest-ranged melee moves. I can't say much about the matchup at this time.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Admiral that really said all that needed to be said man. Be very cautios about approaching snake as his tilts are ******** in terms of range and power and speed.

a good snake could potentioally camp with nades and tilts for defense and probably win, as long as he was a good player and knew snake.

Ayoub

Smash Ace
Jab 2 Dtilt...

Anyone who has this in his playstyle, like, use it a lot? Is this any usefull? What I mean is; the opponent tries to come back on stage from the upperside 2 the edge. You hit him with the first jab right when they are on the point of grabbing the edge, then do Dtilt, so it spikes. I did it sometimes on CPUs, but does anyone use this agains hmn opponents, and is it any good?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
"Here's tips about Pit. First thing you need to learn is how to attack properly. Be smart about playing him, he's good but not cheap, so your going to want to play aggressive, Pits defensive game sucks becasue he lacks good range with any physical attacks so try to be attacking when not arrow camping.
grab lots when you are attacking, it sets so many things up for him.

Arrow camping is something you need to learn and be good at to be a Pit. Get good at aiming the arrows, and pit can full hop and fire an arrow then fire another one while landing, also he can SH and fire 1 then land and fire another.. this requires good aim though.

this is brawl however so Camping is good but can be beaten easily, so get good at noticing when to go aggresive, and Being physical is pits strength, no pit wins by spamming arrows and playing super gay, you need physical attacks.
reasons why pit SHOULD NEVER DEFEND: his ONLY options are SH F air then Fast fall that and attack again, OR Sh U air, so an appraoching Up smash wrecks him, and grabbing. Grabbing is the best defense in this entire game, so learn it well. Learn where the opponent goes when pit throws him as it'll decide whether you physically attack him or fire off a few arrows.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know"

I wish to know, how does this sound as advice to a kind of new pit player? is this pit at his core to you guys?

Ryos4

Smash Lord
To tell you the truth, im having a hard time following ur train of thought. lol. And im a pit main. But then again, i have my own theory on fighting against a snake, that isnt easy to explain.

Salty123

Smash Apprentice
im rethinking the way i play pit because i sort of reached a wall in my advancement as a player and wanted to ask if you think that pit is better as a distance character that should stall and dodge or if he should take the offensive and be a very close in fighter.

Coffee™

I need it....
im rethinking the way i play pit because i sort of reached a wall in my advancement as a player and wanted to ask if you think that pit is better as a distance character that should stall and dodge or if he should take the offensive and be a very close in fighter.
The former.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I won't be able to until I get home, which is going to be tomorrow. But then I'm visiting family in San Diego and probably won't be home until Friday. I then think I have a tourney Saturday. And I'd be able to begin on Sunday. :x

Thinking about it, I should have asked and brought it up Sunday rather then force everyone to wait 4 days. :x

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lawl lawl lawl. Ah well. And to kill with pit, best bet is sweet spot B air, or whatever you want to call it.

the gnarly kill spot for B air is in the timing, it will be super powerful just as you stab it backwards, so like press Backwards A when your really close to them and you'll get a sweet attack that will kill well. Don't force it though, just play the waiting game with arrows an n airs and jabs, and then when you see the opening go for it. My fav openign is when they roll "around" just short hop and B air behind you, or in front, depends where they will end up lol

SuSa are you doing Frame data for all chars??

SuSa

My eventual goal is to get a team of workers (3-4 others) to help me complete in depth frame data on the entire cast.

Illinialex (Alex) so far has Jigglypuff done, and is working on Diddy Kong. He spends quite a bit more on his by collecting screen shots of every single frame of everything... which I'm not doing.... <_<

I've done the Snake boards, and plan to do Pit then Ganon.

I will then try to do other characters as well. Although I only truly provide data on things that are horribly important... (EG: No Base/Growth would be found for Pit's first hit of fsmash -_- because sorry, it's annoying to hit with only the first hit of the attack to find this....)

But mine is in depth enough. :x

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
LOL I commend you then, Ask xyro, he was interested in helping other low tiers out. so he may be able to help you in your quest.

I can never only hit with the first one of pits F smash :s like no one I've played has had that good DI to get out of that

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
To keep ourselves updated, we may have to get a new frame data thing, which I can't provide. We need someone to check it and pride us with the information.

SuSa

*facepalms* Admiral Pit doesn't seem to see what I just offered.....

@Cherry
Eh... Xyro... eh... :p

EDIT:
Oh, I was confusing him for Dryn. -_- I should probably apologize to him for being an ***...

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
*facepalms* Admiral Pit doesn't seem to see what I just offered.....

@Cherry
Eh... Xyro... eh... :p

EDIT:
Oh, I was confusing him for Dryn. -_- I should probably apologize to him for being an ***...
LOLOLOL!

wow, did you call Dryn Xyro?? caause Dryn don't like Xyro, dryn's just in bad moods now becasue his wii is broken and he can't play this game for a bit, he's missing out on helping samus out, he's just thinking about quitting altogether, so if he *****es you out he's kinda got a reason, Plz be nice to our mod! :( he doesn't mean it :p

Xyro is SBR, and banned almost monthly, really cool guy though :D

Admiral Boozer/Pitters, Can you do me a fav?? it involves wi-fi and Working over a friend of mine? we've never talked much but it'd be super cool if you said yes! I can PM you more about it depending on your answer.

EDIT BATMAN!: Xyro offered to check your link boards frame data to help out another "useless" char lmao, how do you not remember this? it was but a week agoo

SuSa

I always mistake Xyro (cool guy) with Dryn (sometimes an idiot, didn't know he modded the Pit boards, thought it was Samus =p). No idea why, I think it's the 4 letter names that both have "y" and "r" in them.... lol

The Link's frame data is correct, it's just... EY should've put how to read the data.... <_< if you don't know how to read his data it all seems horribly, horribly wrong... I found that out when I redid the Snake data.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
no no, sorry for my mixup, I mean i'm a samus mainer at heart, I have pit as a secondairy, so when i say our mod I meean Samus' mod haha.
sorry bout that.
yeah, I've gotten used to the 4 letter names >_> 'n00b, Xyro,Dryn,Hive, pope, there's bound to be some more that i've forgotten. gotta love Teh Samuszzz!

Lmao @ dryns description btw he's a cool guy too, you just gotta understand him :p

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
@SuSa: I knew u were helping us out, yet I wanted to sound a bit persuasive -_-
But seriously, that would be really appreciative. Pit boards needs to try to contribute more to the important things, like matchup discussions and the frame data.

SuSa

Frame data isn't horribly important IMO... usefull...but not important... most things you can eyeball..

Also to help my testing go by a bit faster I'd like a list of:

All moves you think have invincibility frames
All moves you think have super armour frames.

I know that down-B has SA frames.

Also for up-B, I will find the amount of frames you can be hit and get your up-B back. :)

^ find little things like that for me to test.. I might not think of everything....

Then just PM me with the list.

Please don't do obvious crap like roll dodge, air dodge, side step...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I know Up-B, when used on the ground, has some Invincibility frames on it, which did help me avoid some grabs and attacks. Try to hit Pit exactly when Pit raises his wings, the part where you hear the Up-B sound, Somewhere around the beginning of the move I mean.
I don't think the first frame of the move has the frames, but check it out.

As for Down-B, it indeed has SA frames, ONLY when used on the ground.

Top Bottom