• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
RC would be a great choice for that team. Norfair is not a bad choice either.

Now no one may understand why i am saying this at first but for that doubles matchup you may also want to check out Luigi's Mansion

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
RC would be a great choice for that team. Norfair is not a bad choice either.

Now no one may understand why i am saying this at first but for that doubles matchup you may also want to check out Luigi's Mansion
shuttle loop shenanigans? i cant see how luigis mansion would be helpful for pit. and most tourneys ban that stage so practice on LM is diminished

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
well when i play with pit i just chill on the bottom. I shark people on the bottom and try and keep them above of me. But when they get to the bottom part of it pit has some dtilt shenanigans that you can also work some other fun stuff into. If you wanna know about that let me know and i can tell you lol.

And yeah MK has all types of shenanigans here.

Plus for whatever reason a lot of people do not practice this stage

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
not always the best but still a good one for quick damage. Look into Dthrow and all the chasing and punishing that can be done after that

also at low percents pit can chaingrab to about 35 percent on most characters

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
yes there are some do's. But not many.

The best I can tell you is to look for gimping a recovery with a mirror shield. Get good at reading a metaknight and being able to time your MS perfectly. Do be careful though because a lot of elite level MK's will be looking out for it.

Also Dsmash can be punished if you are close enough. So learn his frames for Dsmash and hit his lag when you shield it. You have a few options but not many options that will kill him of a Dsmash punish. The two most reliable are Dtilt and Fsmash. If timed perfectly you can get an instant dash attack too. Be very careful though and make sure you know your frames before you attempt this

Be patient and make sure you are spacing well.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Does anyone find anything bad about Pokemon Stadium 2 (i think) for pit?

I cant find any bad points for it and it just keeps getting better the more i play on it. Is there anything i should be aware of?

Basic field is very neutral and open while still having platforms for combo potential.

Air field is awesome since pit can instantly WoI to the stage, and all the advantage you get from knocking people up above pit.

Ice field has the great sliding AR. As well as contributing to better pits sliding strategies.

Electric field has a great little middle place for pit to camp if u really feel like it. Great protection from above and treadmills allow pit to completely control that part of the stage.

Rock field has a nice platform set up as well as a nice little wall that i just used against some snake to get him from 24-166 with just one AR into Fsmash (still no kill of coures...). He was so pissed. lol. But hes snake so what, if he cared about being cheap he wouldnt have chosen the "second best" character.

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
i love the level for pit. The rock transformation of it is the only one that hurts pit. The rest of them are excellent for the reasons you mentioned above as well as a few more.

the air one we can really batter shields with dair and just kinda float in the air above them. It can be dangerous at times but pit has advantages over tons of people on this one.

for the ice one AR and dacus are really fun to do. As is boost smashing. I like to wingdash to push someone away from me because they slide even further away on the ice and you can usually get a guarenteed arrow in if you hit them with the push effect as a counter

great pit stage. I used it a lot back in the day when i didnt know what to counterpick on someone

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
i didnt know if it was a true DACUS or not. But when you put the commands in for it he will slide much further forward than he usually does

Coffee™

I need it....
A Dacus isn't the same as a Hyphen Smash and no Pit can't Dacus. He just has a really long Usmash when you intiate it off of a specific foot while he's running. Can't remember which one.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Hyphen Smash/Jump Cancelled Usmash: Cancel the dash animation by jump-canceling an Usmash. Run, hit up on the cstick. Alternatively, run, roll up on the control stick, hit A.

DACUS: Cancel the dash attack animation by jump-canceling an Usmash. several ways to do this. I use run, down on the Cstick, roll control stick up, hit R (which is set to attack). Many characters can't do it/don't get any extra distance.

Sheik's hyphen smash, for example, goes about the distance of a battlefield platform. Her DACUS, on the other hand, can go like halfway across FD.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Has something to do with what foot he's on... essentially the timing from when you start the dash. I like the short slide more than the long one so I haven't really looked into it as much as I probably should have.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
In tournament rules, it says excessive ledge camping is banned.

If an opponent continues to barrage the ledge with attacks or guards it.

Would it be bad that I uair or avoid being hit till they back off or I drag finally drag them off?
Because they are excessively edge guading.

sorry about double post, forgot I can re edit my last for a question.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
If there's no ledge grab rule, glue your hands to the **** thing. There's no reason for you to jump into **** just because your opponent thinks it's cheap. Wait for them to back their *** up and give you room. Screw what other people think. Even if there is a grab rule, you probably won't go over it.

You play Pit. You'll get Johns and *****ing all the time about planking and spamming.
And sometimes they're deserved.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
i palyed in a tourney with a ledge grab rule once. the limit was 75. and i started playing this one guy who was supposedley better than me (he used diddy). my strategey was to spam the **** out of the ledge to avoid the bannanas. i won the first match by running the clock and almost won the second one the same way. after the second match, my cheapness had made a scene and gathered everyone in the venue. i counter picked norfair (ledge galore) cuz its my favorite stage. right when the match started, the tournament coordinater decided to reduce the limit to 55 ledge grabs. so i had to play more cautiosly and have a friend count my ledge grabs. in the end, i was 1 ledge grab awy from being disqualifyed so i tried to jump on to the platform but i just got Fsmashed to my death.

Is this right?

i literally got johned out of winning

goodkid

Smash Lord
i palyed in a tourney with a ledge grab rule once. the limit was 75. and i started playing this one guy who was supposedley better than me (he used diddy). my strategey was to spam the **** out of the ledge to avoid the bannanas. i won the first match by running the clock and almost won the second one the same way. after the second match, my cheapness had made a scene and gathered everyone in the venue. i counter picked norfair (ledge galore) cuz its my favorite stage. right when the match started, the tournament coordinater decided to reduce the limit to 55 ledge grabs. so i had to play more cautiosly and have a friend count my ledge grabs. in the end, i was 1 ledge grab awy from being disqualifyed so i tried to jump on to the platform but i just got Fsmashed to my death.

Is this right?

i literally got johned out of winning
LOL sucks for you, but good work! MK is gayer than Pit, but being planked isn't fun and people have too much honor. I think Pits should rely on the planking as a last resort because people will understand that "hey there's 3 more min left, the Pits been playing well, but he wants to win." We need to work on our on stage game because even Masashi doesn't rely entirely on the ledge to win matches. It makes TOs disqualify us for no reason. :psycho:

So how should one go about playing Pit anyway? I just can't seem to get the hang of him. His aerials are weird & mainly used for punishment, but I can't seem to get the hang of when to use them, or if there is any proper way to use them.

What should be going in the minds of players when they play Pit anyways? Figure out the opponent, play gay(arrow spam & planking), get as many grabs in? What is it?

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
well that event happened a while ago and i decided to start playing more agressiveley than just defensive.

pit is made (i believe) to be played gay,campy, and cheap. however i have noticed that people dont expect pit to be agressive, so they react without thinking. and with pits attacks he can punish beautifully. i guess a pit player shouldnt just focus on one style of play, that way he can have more options.

when i think about it, Pit is a strange character compared to the rest of the cast. DDD will chain grab, Snake will spam his tilts, Diddy will spam bannanas. but what will pit do? Spam arrows? that cant win matches. maybe its this uaswerable question that makes pit a good opponent. Maybe a pit main shouldnt be thinking during a match.

but thats just my take on things

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Well m2k is good with metaknight, he's fast with him and everything. But have you noticed he just doesn't attack?

All those empty dair those metaknight do, alot can't punish it.
Its all a bait stategy then predict to attack then follow up then back to baiting.

Pit with his arrows is bait
alot of pits do not switch to fair and dair as bait
pit can shield poke as your opponents think of a defensive stategy to get in in.

So pit is good at stalling/baiting. Then after we hit with something good, follow it up.
This is my basic pit stategy.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Can Pit deflect Falco's and Fox's Illusion attack (B-tilt)? It would be a good strategy, since many players use it to get back onto the stage.
I don't think so, at any rate it's a better option to put a Uair in his path (where applicable) or predict where phantasm's going to end and punish the lag.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
You can't really always hit him with side b. You are aiming for falco before he zooms and sometimes he still goes through between the hit boxes.

The u-air is always useful. Ledge so that he aims for on-stage, then u-air.

Top Bottom