• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hitbox Repository Directory (upd. Nov 03 '12: DK 71%)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It's been "similar" to the character select screen.

It hasn't necessarily been the character select screen. lol

Heh.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Would it be possible to list the IGU size of the radius of each respective hitbubble in the drawing? Placing a number near the knockback angle seems like an easy way to do it style wise imo

It would be very helpful to me since I'm not great at spacial reasoning but can do the math concretely

Toomai

Smash Ace
Would it be possible to list the IGU size of the radius of each respective hitbubble in the drawing? Placing a number near the knockback angle seems like an easy way to do it style wise imo

It would be very helpful to me since I'm not great at spacial reasoning but can do the math concretely
It's a bit too late to put it in the pictures (would have to reupload everything so far), but I can put it in the data text.

DeLux

It's a bit too late to put it in the pictures (would have to reupload everything so far), but I can put it in the data text.
That would work perfect, since I might be the only person that cares about the raw data of size, and making a huge change like that with additional numbers floating around could confuse people lol

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I raff everytime I see someone (there's always one person) who asks what the base knockback and knockback growth means in each thread.

Adding more numbers to the pictures would defs confuse people.

Toomai

Smash Ace
Actually it was because I was having technical difficulties with some of the things I was using to do the images. They seem to be resolved for now.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
As someone who mains Yoshi/Mario/Bowser/Luigi, I was pretty happy about the order lol.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I took pictures of hurtboxes using toomai's hurtbox viewing version of brawlbox. This should have all character hurtboxes. All of them have front view while some also have side view. I did a lot of the hurtbox pictures a long time ago and don't want to go back and take their side pictures.

Here's the album.

Tesh

Smash Hero
^ Whats up with Sonic's fat torso hitbox? I wonder if they originally designed him to look like classic Sonic.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Bump because of update.

Awesome job as always.
The bike's hurtboxes make no sense and DK is fat, nothing surprising but it's good to have scientific proofs.

DeLux

I stickied this thread for it's importance

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
O.O
I didn't even know this thread existed until now... ._.
nice job indeed.

may I make a request for gif animations showing the important info per frame :/
(similar to the melee hitbox threads)

I'm sure you'll put your best info into it ;)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
The recent update was noted and much appreciated.

Can I request that future updates prioritize those characters more prominent in todays metagame?

salaboB

Smash Champion
I always had assumed that Boozer's utilt hitbox actually had something going along with that trailing slash -- guess that explains why I had such a hard time landing it.

After looking through a few of the characters it's a bit disheartening how gigantic Peach's attack boxes are past the end of her arm, compared to how short/small other characters like Boozer and Yoshi have them (Boozer especially with his not-even-to-the-claws hitboxes).

Amazing work. I can't even imagine how much time this must have taken. Very, very impressive.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
To be fair, Boozer's model is very large, and his arms/legs/shell (whatever the hitboxes are attached to) are intangible for the hitbox duration.

This gives Bowser a sort of fake disjoint on his attacks as far as I know~

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Only on a few, most of which are too laggy to be safe anyway.

It really sucks, Bowser has terrible hitboxes on a lot of moves.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Question: When taking the images of the characters to put hitboxes on top of them, wouldn't you want to take the shot with the floor completely parallel with respect to the Y axis?

Like this?

I feel like the hitboxes might be a little more challenging to interpret if you take the images with the floor tilted upwards and towards the player the way it currently is...

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
I may be completely and totally ********, but I looked and looked and read and read but could not find a specific way to determine if a hitbox was disjointed or not. I read something about transparency? Wasn't super clear to me. Could be also that it's 3 AM here. O.o I would appreciate it if someone could clarify this...and there may or may not be a facepalm on my part afterwards. Thanks. :)

EDIT: I'm a 'tard I guess. Figured it out.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Disjointed refers to the phenomenon where a hitbox visibly occupies some space outside of the character's hurtbox. The hitbox CAN partially be inside of the character's hurtbox, but as long as a part(or all) of the hitbox is outside of the character's hurtbox, then it's disjointed. This can apply to physical moves whose ranges were exaggerated by the game developers(Dedede Bair, Snake Ftilt/Utilt, etc), or any kind of weapon based attack, for the most part.

And... this goes without saying, but disjointed moves are useful in the way that, if your opponent attacks a disjointed area on your attack, the game will not register you as being hit.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Brawl is six years old, but you only have 6 done...
HOW LONG DOES THIS TAKE

Top Bottom