• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Holy Pwnerers - No longer an active crew.

The M0Le

Smash Apprentice
Redd said:
I think we all need to stop worrying about results and competition and just have some fun, I think THP has forgotten that that is the most important part of smash.

If I wasn't too young to drive I'd be playing TA every weekend. Why? Because they are a great bunch of people, AS WELL as smashers.

Competition is good and being better than someone is cool, but you shouldn't be constantly trying to judge someone based on skill. You don't get anything out of bashing and comparing and "Well I beat them in tourney so I automatically am better".

All I see going on here is lost friendships, and that's pretty much the best thing about communities like smash.

Anyway, although this post is corny, let's see if we can do a little better in trying to be modest and friendly?

Btw, can't wait to play all of THP soon. :laugh:
I agree with FnF... don't let their quarreling bring us all down, lol. But you're completely right, Redd for moderator!!! Give that man a redd name. Or red.

And Inui... what makes you so sure you'll make finals with LK :psycho: ;) just messin'.

THP = Team - Hate Players. :cry:

Renth

Smash Hero
When Friends turn to Enemys and Flames into Chaos

OKAY PEOPLE

There is a point where all of this needs to stop. Frankly i agree and disagree with a lot of the nonsense that has been going on here at my expense. I know the majority of this is my fault because Teh_spamerer told me the things Inui elidgedly said behind my back.

Now Then i'll start with you Inui: :ohwell:
We had a lot of good matchs, you play a pretty good shiek granted as i still say your marth is better that is just one mans opinion. As far as our ganon shiek matchs went i did win them although i also clearly believe the matchs would have been closer/you would've won them had you chain grabbed. The next time were in PA we'll get some vids so we never have to go through this kind of glorious bull **** again.
Although you'll find for my lack of traveling abilitys i've found myself at very few tournaments. I however find myself to be a great competitor as such but you cannot claim ones better at smash over their tournament rankings consider this say you get pooled with locals.. and for all of you what i mean by locals is the people that rarely play the game and are there for fun more than anything not really in for the competition values The locals around here suck so bad it makes me wanna cry :cry: so nevertheless, i believe we had good matchs and we've yet to prove who is CLEARLY superior to the other. For all we know neither of us are superior and it just goes as good matchs that has yet to be seen considering we've only played once.. maybe 20 matchs at most.

Anubis, as much as appricate you backing me up so much let it stop man just let it stop. we've done enough to him and i never intended for any of this to go this far perhaps now through this disaster we can all be better friends (as korny as that sounds)
For all we know this could have been a blessing in disguise i believe ones friendship only strengtens over time through rough quarrels and simple tiny fights and so long they are still friends it should work out to make their friendship a lot better down the road.
Come on people.. how many of you get along with everyone i doubt there's anyone here that can say that they get a long with everyone they have ever met because it's just nature to hate some people for numerous reasons whether it be Race, Religon, Physical Appearance, the person is very Academicly uninclined (in other words stupid). or perhaps many other things.

So i think we let this topic go to rest let the spam stop here if there are any more fights take it to IM please the flame war is over let it rest.
I understand Inui and Teh_spamerer have a lot of friendship conflicts please keep it off boards ^_^

Magus420

Smash Master
Renth said:
Come on people.. how many of you get along with everyone i doubt there's anyone here that can say that they get a long with everyone they have ever met because it's just nature to hate some people for numerous reasons whether it be Race, Religon, Physical Appearance, the person is very Academicly uninclined (in other words stupid). or perhaps many other things.
... ... ummm... perhaps the quality of a person's character and the things they say/do? >_> That sentence makes you sound like a bigot, LOL.

Renth

Smash Hero
Magus420 said:
... ... ummm... perhaps the quality of a person's character and the things they say/do? >_> That sentence makes you sound like a bigot, LOL.
i agree, the things people do and say definately are the main utensils based on whether you like someone or not. lol magus you could've added that no need for insults :laugh:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
b/c of this i lost care 2 kno who's better then who lol but we can still do sum matches if u want if u rly want 2 kno nd we can do our $ matches still b/c those will be rly fun lol nd is anubis gonna mm me 2? chaingrabbing in friendlies is way 2 ghey so i didnt but chaingrabbin is wut i need 2 do in order 2 beat good ganons since ganon can **** sheik up pretty bad w/o chaingrabbin involved but no johns i guess

Typing like Zanguzen hurts my brain. :(

The fact of the matter is that those matches were a few friendlies, the first time we played each other, and all on the same day. Using those matches for anything is pointless because those matches were pointless. I was more interested in just meeting you and seeing a rare thing called a good Ganondorf. =D If we ever clash in tourny, or if we ever get the chance to MM, we can see who's "better" or w/e.

I predict the THP ranking tourny to end like this:

1. LK
2. Inui
3, 4, 5. DarkBlade/M0Le/FoxandFalco
6, 7. N00B, teh_spamerer
8. ShortCircuit

I wonder if I'm right.

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
Well guys good job starting to love each other again. :D

It makes me fuzzy inside.

Anyway if crew battles are going on on Saturday then I'll be captaining. Hope people like playing on Green Greens and Kongo Jungle (DK RAP!)!1

Also my computer's been dead for 3 days and this topic has liek, infinite (4) more pages of posts. Awesome.

So yeah, good luck Renth's crew.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
My fault, I didn't mean to include the whole of THP, when I think of it I only think of the main 3 LOL. My fault.

M0le: Thanks I would love to be a mod but I don't see it happening. >_>

Inui: When are you coming down here again?

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Sadaharu Inui said:

1. LK
2. Inui
3, 4, 5. DarkBlade/M0Le/FoxandFalco
6, 7. N00B, teh_spamerer
8. ShortCircuit

I wonder if I'm right.

1. ShortCircuit
2. DarkBlade
3. FoxandFalco
4. M0Le
4. teh_spamerer
7. LK
8. Tuna Sandwich in the Sahara Dessert(yes...dessert, not desert)

EDIT: We really should do Round Robin. Assuming each match hits the 8 minute mark, there are 3 matches in each set, and there is only one TV it would take us 2 hours and 44 minutes. We have 3 TVs, I doubt each match is going to hit the 8 minute mark, and I doubt each set is going to have 3 matches.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
teh_spamerer said:

1. ShortCircuit
2. DarkBlade
3. FoxandFalco
4. M0Le
4. teh_spamerer
7. LK
8. Tuna Sandwich in the Sahara Dessert(yes...dessert, not desert)
..... >_>

yea, i got a nice avatar btw, it's awesome because u need 2,000 post for it >.>

Inui

Banned via Warnings
A round robin tournament sounds good. That way we all play each other. =)

Total wins - total losses = your score.

And your score determines your rank.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
yea, that's seems better than elimanation (eventhough i'd much rather have elimanation). it seems fairer i guess, non of that "oh, i didnt even get to vs you in the tourney" stuff. yea >.>

Iron

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand what an in-crew tournament would accomplish. If you've played eachother several times already you should already have an understanding of your comrade's abilities.

But of course, competition with emotional backing has an effective way of increasing one's skills, so I digress.

The M0Le

Smash Apprentice
Iron said:
I don't understand what an in-crew tournament would accomplish. If you've played eachother several times already you should already have an understanding of your comrade's abilities.

But of course, competition with emotional backing has an effective way of increasing one's skills, so I digress.
You've got a point about the understanding of one another.... but i've only played LK and Darkblade more than 10 times each, lol. I played Inui during the "German Monks" week in that tournament and a couple friendlies before he had to go. I've yet to even meet anyone else in the crew.... lol. FnF, Spam, can't wait to play you guys ( and the rest of THP too of course).

*Edit* And iron.... that is one RIDICULOUSLY ABSURD sig. I ****in love it!

Renth

Smash Hero
Soldier6 said:
well I'm glad thats over wilth, now to the FUN Stuff again!, ok
1: MM's are ON Inui, that'd be sweet! :teeth:
2: I also like green greens!!!!
3: And round robin all the way :suess: :******: :roll: :bluejump:
someone likes his smilies :laugh: anyways Anubis can't wait to have the smash fest at your place next, next, weekend it's gonna rock we need to have a minature round robin tourn for kicks.

Inui let me know when the next time your planning on venturing to this area

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Sadaharu Inui said:
A round robin tournament sounds good. That way we all play each other. =)

Total wins - total losses = your score.

And your score determines your rank.
By total wins, I assume you mean total sets won, correct? Because otherwise it could get screwy. Suppose ShortCircuit goes 2-1 with everyone and N00B goes 2-0 with everyone except ShortCircuit and goes 0-2 against ShortCircuit. N00B would have a better score if it's calculated by total matches won but ShortCircuit having beaten everyone deserves to be higher up.

BTW, that scenario is highly unlikely of happening...at least with those 2 people :chuckle:

Soldier6

Smash Apprentice
california university (washington county)
hey if anyone ELSE would like to attempt to come to the smash fest...not that its likely to happen, but to throw it ALL out there, the weekened of may 13, I'm having a mini smash 'fest' if you will at my place, it'll be over night, or the all time fav, STD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

almost our whole crew will be here, we're located in cambria county, if you think you MAY be able to come, just pm me or post if interested. I'm 18 so don't worry about some 15 year old forgetting to ask his parents at the last min. and canceling. its expected to take place outside, (backyeard like) with bond fire and TV's outside with BBQ and much fooDDDDD....i <3 food.......

and yes....I do like my smiley's....

Renth

Smash Hero
I remeber the last time you gave me something to eat anubis.. lol!!
i was sitting at anubis's house he gave me a full big bag of doritos.. 5 minutes later.. you guys want any of these 2 minutes later it was gone.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
teh_spamerer said:
By total wins, I assume you mean total sets won, correct? Because otherwise it could get screwy. Suppose ShortCircuit goes 2-1 with everyone and N00B goes 2-0 with everyone except ShortCircuit and goes 0-2 against ShortCircuit. N00B would have a better score if it's calculated by total matches won but ShortCircuit having beaten everyone deserves to be higher up.

BTW, that scenario is highly unlikely of happening...at least with those 2 people :chuckle:
Well, if N00B fugging 2-0's everyone but one person, he deserves to be higher. Do you know how hard it is to 2-0 someone? That means you won on your foe's counterpick stage against their counterpick character. Hard to do in most cases.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Sadaharu Inui said:
Well, if N00B fugging 2-0's everyone but one person, he deserves to be higher. Do you know how hard it is to 2-0 someone? That means you won on your foe's counterpick stage against their counterpick character. Hard to do in most cases.
Yeah, but so what? If ShortCircuit wins the first match against every opponent, decides to go Pichu just for fun, and then wins the third match, ShortCircuit is clearly better than N00B.

Especially considering all of us except LK and FaF have one main only.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
teh_spamerer said:
Yeah, but so what? If ShortCircuit wins the first match against every opponent, decides to go Pichu just for fun, and then wins the third match, ShortCircuit is clearly better than N00B.

Especially considering all of us except LK and FaF have one main only.
So don't be an idiot? Seeding and round robins always work out this way and work out fine. Situations like that don't happen. Don't sandbag in tourny and 2-0 people to increase your odds.

Um, what? My Marth and Fox are just as good as my Sheik, son. In fact, I won't even touch Sheik this entire tournament just to prove I don't need her. I'll save her only for Lord Knight. ;)

Attention THP: I need the 8 people that are able to compete in the in-crew tournament here on Sunday at 5:00pm.

The location is the same as the Palmer Inn tournaments since I live here. Room 144. Some of you have been at my place before.

I need Lord Knight, teh_spamerer, M0Le, DarkBlade, FoxandFalco, and ShortCircuit here. N00B's my brother and I'm me, so we'll be here by default. =P

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Sadaharu Inui said:
So don't be an idiot? Seeding and round robins always work out this way and work out fine. Situations like that don't happen. Don't sandbag in tourny and 2-0 people to increase your odds.

Um, what? My Marth and Fox are just as good as my Sheik, son. In fact, I won't even touch Sheik this entire tournament just to prove I don't need her. I'll save her only for Lord Knight. ;)

Attention THP: I need the 8 people that are able to compete in the in-crew tournament here on Sunday at 5:00pm.

The location is the same as the Palmer Inn tournaments since I live here. Room 144. Some of you have been at my place before.

I need Lord Knight, teh_spamerer, M0Le, DarkBlade, FoxandFalco, and ShortCircuit here. N00B's my brother and I'm me, so we'll be here by default. =P
w/e. If it happens, ShortCircuit gets pwned by gheyness.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure they are :chuckle:

I'll be there.

BTW, for those of you that haven't been to his room, ask at the lobby for his dad or sumthin.

Renth

Smash Hero
i'm sorry to wuss out of the crew battle but i can no longer attend NEPA i'm sorry...
LK i was really looking forward to meeting you

also Inui and Spamerer can you please take your arguments off of boards

Top Bottom