• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Hylian Nightmare": A Link Combo Video by The GERM.

Khanczar

Smash Ace
Ok... Please don't completely flame the crap out of me when I say this, but...

Don't you think it was a little repetitive?
His combos are frikkin fast, don't get me wrong, and I suppose if you did em THAT fast, you could do them over and over again like he did.

But when I see vids of ppl like HDL, they just seem a little more spontaneous. HDL will wavedance and spam projectiles like crazy until the opponent goes insane, and then he just quits the mindgames in a split second and then murders you.

GERM, on the other hand, just murders, nay, *****, no, disembowels you with a sharp stick he ripped out of the abdomen of The King of Evil. Quickly. I watched the vid again, and again, and again to completely analyze it and I noticed that on the ganon at first and the marth he just pulled out a bomb and then went to work on his combo of SHFFL fair, grab, dthrow, utilt, bair and up b meteor smash.

The rest of the vid? Wash, rinse, repeat. Yes, he does do some kick a$$ stuff like the tripple dair on Zelgadis, (that was zelgadis, right?) but deep down it's the same general ****** combo that the GERM is known for. I try to mix up the styles of the two, (HDL and GERM) and it works better for me than just doing one of them. I wavedance a little, spam a little, then shieldgrab into a combo.

I saw GERM wavedance too, (like the time he just kept WDing backwards away from an attacker... funny...) But nowhere near as often as HDL.

Idk. That's my two cents. I'm just saying that if you only use one of those two styles, you'll eventually come across someone who might be able to match you. I'm sure GERM could find out some way to get around it, but all Im saying is that if GERM fought Ken who is a mindgame freak, it would be pretty close. (I wont say germ'll get ***** for fear of my life...)

Let the insults begin! :urg:

Khanczar

Smash Ace
Well believe me I would check evolution out but i just dont have 170 megabytes of timeon my hands... If there is any way to play the vid while its loading, tell me

The GERM

Smash Ace
eeeeeexactly, I don't even think mindgames were invented back then, but yeah, watch evolution, if you don't have the time to d/l it, go on google.com/video, and just type in "Evolution DBR".

Thanx to everyone who's enjoyed the video and benefited from it in any way over the past year or so. Even if the footage is disgustingly old, it's nice to hear that someone got better from watching it.

Fileffel

Smash Cadet
I saw both Hylian Nightmare and EVOLUTION, and I must say, that was some awesome stuff. I've learned a lot since I started checking online for things about Melee, but your videos probably helped me out the most.

By the way, are you going to FC6 this summer? If you are, I'd love to have a Link ditto. Not saying I'd do very well, but hey, it'd be fun.

...And I could have you autograph my FC6 t-shirt. :chuckle:

c3rBeRu5

Smash Rookie
Go Go Link

I must Say, Germ, your link skills are unmatched. It's wonderful to see someone kicking *** with link and not gay overused shiek. Everyone uses ****able shiek here in williamsburg. Anyways, is the video at normal speed? It seems like it's on lightning melee.. or is it just the effects of wavedashing and etc.? I've never seen characters move that fast. Tis quite amazing.

DaShin Bowzer Meow

Smash Rookie
Germ.. i must say you're the reason i picked up Link.. My best friend plays Link but yours blows his out Da window imo...Kick A$$ video... Good shizz on Evo as well

DaShin Meow

Uck

Smash Journeyman
Before I happened to come across "Hylian Nightmare" My ssbm was collecting dust and so was my gamecube.I was bored one night and checked google video to see if there was anything interesting to watch.I thought to myself I wonder if there were any videos about germs.
I typed GERM.

Thats when I saw "Hylian Nightmare" and saw the blonde bomber in action .This was awhile ago and lets just say my ssbm stopped collecting dust.

So this is my favorite video since it was the one to show me what SSBM was all about.

TY GERM!

Rexx

Smash Journeyman
omg i loved dis video, i sstill can't believe how well germ is able to combo fox and falco like, and how he killed dat ganon in the beginning of his vid was ****ing crazy, omg i'd cry after dieing like that lol. Germ is definetly 1 of my favorite smashers out ther.:cool:

StoneColdLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WHAT007
Yeah, GERM is a beast with Link, most likely the best Link out there. If you think Hylian Nightmare is wicked, check out his "DBR Evolution" section. Thats where you see some dominating combos especially with the bombs. All members of DBR are awesome. Never seen combos like those. Keep up the good work DBR.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Yes, I would say he is by far one of the best Links out there. He is a expert in flashy moves haha. I would love to play him sometime. I love watching his matches and videos.

Top Bottom