• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The iceclimbers are underrated, in my opinion.

xxmaliciousxx

Smash Cadet
- Great matchups
- Hard to be chain grabbed
- Is able to chain grab
- Good defensive/disruptive projectile
- Good edge guarding
- Moderately quick
- Hammers do decent damage and knockback
- Seperate/stay together for strategy/mind games
- Harder to kill since there are two of them

I certainly expect them to more tournament games in the future.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I can just as easily list their weaknesses and say they are overrated :)

But a player must play to a character's strengths!!

Anyway, they are a good character. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that, and they are neither underrated or overrated. That's just my opinion. (This over/under rated stuff doesn't really matter IMO it just comes down to opinion. Usually the consensus of opinions is the most correct.)

r3d d09

Smash Master
Another thing, you don't seem people winning tournaments because it take a month + to main.
then if you get to a point. you want to know percentages of KO'ing out of grabs.
Mind games.
CG'ing alone takes awhile. *i don't care what others say* :)
Desync methods.
Offensive desyncing.
Etc. this is why people dont want to main them, it's too much time. when they can pick up MK and win rounds instantly. IC's take time and dedication.

But in the end, it's worth it. as I progress. I'm stoked to see how i play up against the best in my state. let alone OoS tourneys .

Sky`

Smash Lord
I want an explanation. I am sure they are not because of counter-picks.
I feel that the complexities behind Descynching, and how underdeveloped this character is, it's just obvious to me that they are one of the best if not THEE best.

But that's more than likely just me.

Another thing, you don't seem people winning tournaments because it take a month + to main.
then if you get to a point. you want to know percentages of KO'ing out of grabs.
Mind games.
CG'ing alone takes awhile. *i don't care what others say* :)
Desync methods.
Offensive desyncing.
Etc. this is why people dont want to main them, it's too much time. when they can pick up MK and win rounds instantly. IC's take time and dedication.

But in the end, it's worth it. as I progress. I'm stoked to see how i play up against the best in my state. let alone OoS tourneys .
QFT.
Everybody says that like CGing is so simple.
Plz do it consistently in tournament to every character kthx.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Once Ice Climbers get a nado, I will believe you ^.^

They're good and everyone knows that... I don't feel they're underrated at all...

Dev2000

Smash Lord
Once Ice Climbers get a nado, I will believe you ^.^

They're good and everyone knows that... I don't feel they're underrated at all...
the more advanced players and the people who actually know stuff about brawl say the same thing

i have alot of friends that say IC'S ARE THE WORST CHARACTERS IN THE GAME
and then i 0-death them Their face Priceless

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
The Ice Climbers are not too underrated anymore; a lot of people noticeably hate fighting them and the characters themselves, and some people are starting to use and practice them. And yes, they do take quite a while to learn all the ICs' technique, which takes months. :]

choknater said:
Anyway, they are a good character. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that, and they are neither underrated or overrated. That's just my opinion. (This over/under rated stuff doesn't really matter IMO it just comes down to opinion. Usually the consensus of opinions is the most correct.)
Yeah, this. 0.o

Top Bottom