• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The idea of a swimming tier list.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
I know what your'e thinking :Why did I start a thread on this! Well its not totally necessary but it is and would be interesting to know who is the best and who is the worst swimmer in terms of longlasting and maybe speed. I think for a start that sonic and charizard are very bad. Squirtle is great. And Im not sure , maybe make your own judgement or I will test it out myself.:p

Staco

Smash Champion
Who cares about the swimming fatures of their chars?
I never used swimming in a competive match (just to safe me if I am land in it, but I dont swim then, i just jump out) and I never drunk because I stayd to long in the water in a real fight, lulz.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Staco's kind of right, it really doesn't matter, and I'm unsure of wather all characters have the same swimming capabilities or not... Pretty sure they do regardless. If I'm wrong point remains valid it still doesn't matter.

Snail is right too, making everything into tier lists is getting unoriginal now...

Couple things I would like to know though, Mario's Fireballs don't get extinguished, AFAIK Sonic' can't swim in his games, Jigglypuff is and should be light enough to float, and if Charizard went in the water he would die because the tailflame would go out, yet they can still swim...?

AAP

Smash Journeyman
If you are going to put one together.
I'm saying Peach should be real high on the list as landing in the water refreshes her float, enabling her to float right at the surface and have her way with anyone still in the water

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Couple things I would like to know though, Mario's Fireballs don't get extinguished, AFAIK Sonic' can't swim in his games, Jigglypuff is and should be light enough to float, and if Charizard went in the water he would die because the tailflame would go out, yet they can still swim...?
^^^^
thizzz

Also, so many characters are broken in the water. Even Falcon. His Side-B spikes, and no lag upon water landing. Peach has her lame float stall crap. Stall-and-fall moves can be used to submerge yourself deep in the water for like 4 seconds. And a whole bunch of other stuff I don't feel like remembering.

Water makes so many things that water makes broken. =/

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Zelda/Sheik can transform in the water without an oppening.

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
If you look at Charizard's swimming animation, he actually does keep his tail flame above the water. :p

Of course, he does land in the water and he probably dies when he drowns, but whatever.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
pirate ship is mostly banned and delfino for 2 freaking stages of 5 second interbals

Adapt

Smash Lord
swimming is useful to like 6-7 characters...

Jiggs: wakes her up from rest
Peach: refreshed her float
Ganon: easy spiking kills
Ness/Ike: same as Ganon
ZSS: saves her from dair suicide and allows for a succession of dair spikes
TL: same as ZSS

Staco

Smash Champion
You should make a swim thread in the normale (and not the tactical) brawl section. And you shouldnt call it a tier list, there should just be informations about the swimm abilitys of the different characters.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
Falco for the noise he makes upon surfacing

Seriously, go listen to it right now if you haven't before.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The only stage with water I can think of off the top of my head i Jungle Japes, and it's a banned stage, IIRC.
Sadly, it isn't... *God I hate the stage so much...*

Edit:

If you look at Charizard's swimming animation, he actually does keep his tail flame above the water. :p
Hmm quite true my good chum, but what should happen if anybody were to get even a weak spike on Charizard? If he doesn't already drown, its entire body should be submerged then. :p

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
All characters swim for the same amount of time, but the amount of time until you "struggle" in the water is shorter depending on how much damage you have (this relation seems to be constant across the cast as well). The amount of time until you "struggle" is also remembered if you just keep jumping out of the water; that mechanic would have prevented water stalling if the "struggle" period weren't so long...

I think swim speeds may be character dependent, but that's a bit tricky to check or measure well (do note that the water on Pirate Ship and Summit moves, and the water on Delfino's various forms that have it isn't around particularly long and is annoying to work with).

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
squirtle takes a long time to struggle, charizard struggles almost immediately

go jump in the water as charizard and lol at the groan he makes lol

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
lol In Sonic and Mario at the Olympics Sonic wears water wings.

I think that Sonic should have the drowning music playing when he's in the water. Or at least the Blbablba sound he makes when he drowns.j

>.> Everyone's going to attack my onomatopoeia aren't they?

Ange

Smash Lord
I think that Sonic should have the drowning music playing when he's in the water. Or at least the Blbablba sound he makes when he drowns.j
Lol then Mario and possibly Luigi should have their "Game Over" sound playing when they drown. xD

This list about characters swimming would probably make no sense, it isnt THAT useful IMO. <:/

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
Staco's kind of right, it really doesn't matter, and I'm unsure of wather all characters have the same swimming capabilities or not... Pretty sure they do regardless. If I'm wrong point remains valid it still doesn't matter.

Snail is right too, making everything into tier lists is getting unoriginal now...

wow... very nice

i would like to see a tier list for swimming just for the heck of it. like anyone would take the time to make one though its kinda pointless

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Stop calling it a Tier List, and OK....

JacobWins

Smash Journeyman
Okay Lets Make A Tier List For EVERYTHING

Lets start with breakfast food

Top:
Sausage
Eggs

Middle:
Bacon
Waffles

Bottom:
Pancakes
Hash Browns

This list may change at anytime as we continue to evolve the breakfast meta game

So don't lose hope and keep eating your favorite food!

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
this is easy

People with spikes (and Peach)

MID

People without spike

BOTTOM

Olimar

tada i just made a tier list in one minute

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Okay Lets Make A Tier List For EVERYTHING

Lets start with breakfast food

Top:
Sausage
Eggs

Middle:
Bacon
Waffles

Bottom:
Pancakes
Hash Browns

This list may change at anytime as we continue to evolve the breakfast meta game

So don't lose hope and keep eating your favorite food!

Sausage sucks. Bacon is top tier fer sure.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
this is easy

People with spikes (and Peach)

MID

People without spike

BOTTOM

Olimar

tada i just made a tier list in one minute
Zelda can transorm in the water so she can be mid or high tier.
POssibly kirby and DDD if you miss there b^ so they wont comite suicide of the edge.I'll think of more later.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
On the breakfast tier list, where are cereal, fruit, and human flesh?

On a more related note, Marth isn't the best swimmer (although he does have a spike).

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Cartoon tier list:

Top:

Looney Toons
The Simpsons
South Park
Futurama
Tom & Jerry

Middle:

All the others

Bottom: