• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The IL (Brawl) Discussion: Monkeys, Wolves, and Bairs, oh my!

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I am taking suggestions for running future events. I want to seriously limit the amount of games I run. So I will focus on probably 2-5 Major games and anything else can be a side tournament if time allows. I don't want to run the 10+ games I ran in my previous series. I just want to focus one weekend to some games and another weekend, if support comes out, to the 2D Fighters.

What I am thinking is doing a Smash and Naruto event once a month, just focused on those games and in case anyone wants to play 2D fighters I'll run those on a different weekend.

I dont want to be low on set ups and this way I can do this much easier.

I am not sure if people want to have Brawl and Melee on the same day or not. But I will let people discuss that if they want.

I plan to start in either late august or sometime in September doing Monthlies...

Brawl Singles/Doubles, Melee Singles/Doubles, and Naruto (not sure which version to run atm), Side Tourneys could be Low Tier, Brawl+, etc.

And focus on the 2D fighters at another weekend, like SF4, SC4, Blazblue, KOF 12, etc.

And at the finale of this series I can run all the games in a bigger venue, preferably a Hotel Space so everyone is confy and unlike Screenz, you can freely move from one tournament to another.

These are just a few ideas I have in mind, I am looking for a new Venue not Screenz, so until I have one secure I can run this new series, but just wondering what does everyone think about that?

I am totally open for suggestions on this series before I start it. Many of you have been to the series I ran with the help of Vayseth, Devildigimon, MachinegunNorm, and Zjiin. So if you want to help and come up with any ideas to run a better event. I am all ears. I wont be starting this until late August, Labor Day, or sometime in September.

I hope my last series help the Illinois scene get better. I tried to bring as much competition from out of state as I could and help develop the local scene. I know many are well known in the Midwest and can go out of state and take care of business. I sure hope I did the right thing in running my Clash series and hope everyone had fun and enjoyed themselves at the events. ^_^

Kirk

Smash Champion
Ryzen and I are looking into securing a venue ourselves to hold Brawl tournaments at. If that place comes through, then we can possibly have another local biweekly going again. We would be hosting, naturally. :D

Fingers crrooossssseeedddd....

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Thats great Kirk. I have been meaning to travel to events, but my series really took a lot out of me. I am glad I will be able to travel once again to events. So expect to see me at future Illinois events no matter where they are. ^_^

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
I am taking suggestions for running future events. I want to seriously limit the amount of games I run. So I will focus on probably 2-5 Major games and anything else can be a side tournament if time allows. I don't want to run the 10+ games I ran in my previous series. I just want to focus one weekend to some games and another weekend, if support comes out, to the 2D Fighters.

What I am thinking is doing a Smash and Naruto event once a month, just focused on those games and in case anyone wants to play 2D fighters I'll run those on a different weekend.

I dont want to be low on set ups and this way I can do this much easier.

I am not sure if people want to have Brawl and Melee on the same day or not. But I will let people discuss that if they want.

I plan to start in either late august or sometime in September doing Monthlies...

Brawl Singles/Doubles, Melee Singles/Doubles, and Naruto (not sure which version to run atm), Side Tourneys could be Low Tier, Brawl+, etc.

And focus on the 2D fighters at another weekend, like SF4, SC4, Blazblue, KOF 12, etc.

And at the finale of this series I can run all the games in a bigger venue, preferably a Hotel Space so everyone is confy and unlike Screenz, you can freely move from one tournament to another.

These are just a few ideas I have in mind, I am looking for a new Venue not Screenz, so until I have one secure I can run this new series, but just wondering what does everyone think about that?

I am totally open for suggestions on this series before I start it. Many of you have been to the series I ran with the help of Vayseth, Devildigimon, MachinegunNorm, and Zjiin. So if you want to help and come up with any ideas to run a better event. I am all ears. I wont be starting this until late August, Labor Day, or sometime in September.

I hope my last series help the Illinois scene get better. I tried to bring as much competition from out of state as I could and help develop the local scene. I know many are well known in the Midwest and can go out of state and take care of business. I sure hope I did the right thing in running my Clash series and hope everyone had fun and enjoyed themselves at the events. ^_^
I just want to say you're the man and you've done so much for the community by running those great events :)

I hope they start up again once I'm back in chicago

Xyless

Smash Master
Well, the tourney today didn't happen (because the host was demanding a venue fee for HIS OWN HOUSE and was planning on taking about 1/3 the pot), but there's one tomorrow that I'll definitely go to, and is in a good location.

I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY TOMORROW

(also does anyone have an extra GC controller they aren't using anymore? Can't use GameQ's anymore since we moved out)

Quik17

Smash Ace
Our group will make the next smashfest Kirk. We were at SMYM10 on Saturday and had to make up sleep today lol

johns

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I am currently looking for people that would like to TO some of the tournaments I will be running at the new Series I have. It should be a nice way to help all the events to run on time and keep everything organized.

I will be doing all the Brackets and Seeding and just have the Sheets out for the TOs to run the events from those. If anyone has any complains on the Brackets, they can just come up to me and not deal with the TOs, since they are just going to run the tournaments and I don't want to get distracted when I am trying to run these events. ^_^

If you are interested in been a TO, just PM me or e-mail me at darkkakashi@gmail.com and I will give you a sheet to fill out and then I can see whether or not you would be able to help TO tournaments and have the next series run smoothly and more on time.

Hope to hear from some of you. I will give a previous TO of the Clash of Brokenness Series a much higher chance at running the events again for the next series if they want to do that again. ^_^

I am looking at November to start the Series again and have a few local events in September and October to help players get ready for the start of the series. ^_^

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Going to Lolla this weekend. I'll have downtime on Monday probably. Anyone wanna play?

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I might go, ive been to the last 2 events held at this place. if I cqn get the weekend off, Ill drive there my self. I always have a fun time at those events.

Quik17

Smash Ace
Is there Melee at Paw-Some? My Mewtwo has dramatically improved and I want to give him another tourney test ride.
There might be, during that time for side tourneys on Friday.
And my Ganon will be ownin that Mewto all day!

Xyless

Smash Master
Oh, I have another one of my beastly characters ready for Ganondorks. Speaking of Ganondorf, I should probably get him back to snuff too.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
I guess it makes sense that Chicago people don't have cars (or know how to drive for that matter)...you suburb guys don't have excuses though :D

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
If I manage to go, I might drive some to have a nice carpool. Is not a long drive but I always like driving with people for these events and not alone.

Top Bottom