• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The IL (Brawl) Discussion: Monkeys, Wolves, and Bairs, oh my!

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
having a venue just for smash would be pretty cool, but i think saturday is just a way more flexible day. plus maybe you'll get more entrants from those random people at the venue.

edit: wait a sec, 6 pm to 11 pm? :o hm this is harder than i thought

Quik17

Smash Ace
My vote would be Sunday since, not only do we have the venue to ourselves, we also have much more time to get the tourney finished.

And an IL Crew would be pretty cool :)

Akashi

Smash Lord
I would love to join the crew, and either day is fine by me. Sunday seems technically better due to more hours, but Saturday is typically a day where others have off. My vote would be to whichever day has the most versatility.

Shintarru

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1676-4016-3956
Saturday, because I wont be able to go on sunday. I would come monthly though.
I would love an IL crew

Kirk

Smash Champion
That is essentially the issue at hand.

More hours would definitely be better to hold a tournament, but Saturdays in general are the better day to host tournaments in terms of scheduling.

I really wish there was an easy solution, but in the end I'm going to need some more feedback. And I will try and get some more details regarding the venue...and perhaps more people can make a more informed decision on the matter.

But yeah, I'll look into more stuff...while I await some more feedback.

EDIT:

Also, who's all going to this? --- http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239788

Quik17

Smash Ace
I believe it's just Arty now. I can't go.

Edit: Would we even be able to to run a tourney in 5 hours if we do it on Saturday? Especially if a good amount of people show up.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Yeah, the ONLY issue i see with Sunday is if people are available or not. I myself would prefer Sunday for the more hours and the like...but that's also because I'm free both days. And if it matters, it would open up the possibility of going to some tourney Saturday then having ours the next day... xD But that might be a bit much...

In any event, what ook said. :D

And about the tourney this Saturday...can I hitch a ride with someone? If so, when would you guys be leaving?

Also also, if you guys(ook, arty, whoever) don't have a teammate yet...care to team?

Arty

Smash Lord
I was going to drive, but some college stuff came up for Quik and he's going to need the car. So now I have no idea is I'm going. Are any of you guys driving? I can only stay for Saturday, so idk if that's a problem or not.

Edit: Xyless are you still in Chicago? If so, and if you're going, I can possibly take the bus to your house, in the case that you're driving.

Arty

Smash Lord
Ook and Kirk, can you guys post your AIMs?
Mine is lipkatwins2000

And also hunger said that he might want to hitch a ride with us.

Kirk

Smash Champion
AIM is captainchemox.

I can get in touch with you guys after work today.

Or call/text at 224-805-3480.

Also, if either of you are interested, Akashi and his friend Turkey are coming over to my house tomorrow to play some Brawl, though they aren't going to the tournament the next day.

Xyless

Smash Master
Is it sad that I feel like I played better with my Wiimote/Nunchuk than I do with the GC controller? Ever since I transitioned, I've placed horribly in comparison :\

Kirk

Smash Champion
Hurray. :)

Remember, if you want something uploaded, send it on over. I'm FINALLY getting around to uploading Arty and Quik's stuff, and after I'm going to upload our adventure to MPS. Should be goood times.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
They can be wifi vids?

Pssssh! forget it wifi sux balls hopefull i go to a tourny around soon and try to get some vids

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping to get some decent vids of the DePaul brigade sometime soon. Someone (cough POLSKA cough) has had videos for quite sometime now but hasn't bothered to upload them :(

And geez some of the games on ILbrawl are really short...most of my games last easily over 5 minutes looool. Yay for slow paced, passive-aggressive, campy characters that abuse the same move over and over!

Quik17

Smash Ace
And geez some of the games on ILbrawl are really short...most of my games last easily over 5 minutes looool. Yay for slow paced, passive-aggressive, campy characters that abuse the same move over and over!
In friendlies, my matches last 2-3 min. But in tournaments, they can go as high as 6-7 min. lol

Xyless

Smash Master
Man, that reminds me...no one never uploaded my Solimar challenge replays from PnTV. I could've sworn they were on Norm's Wii, but I have no clue.

That'd be the only chance we'll see it in action during a tourney and work extremely well.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I have replay hack and I can record and upload matches of you guys to youtube on my channel. Too bad I'm having too much trouble going to oos tournies. >.>

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
hey would you guys mind if I send you some videos for you to upload since most people in illinois subscibe to you? me and chewyy can't really go to tournaments go anymore so whenever we play we like to record.

oh btw is there anyone in illinois that plays near western illinois university in macomb. I haven't played anyone who can play at my level in 2 months

Kirk

Smash Champion
Any videos you want on IllinoisBrawl should be sent to me. Either through FCs, or via sending the replay files directly. Either method works. :)

EDIT: Illinois MPS tourney outing video is going up now!

Top Bottom