• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Illmatic Threa- I mean, The Top Five Peaches

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
THE TOP 5 PEACHES

K, let's redo this with maybe an ounce of non-retardedness.

The purpose of this thread is try to create a sort of ranking of current Peach performances. The problem with this, of course, is that there's a lot of subjectivity.

Like a lot man.

I mean, seriously, I need to emphasize exactly how abstract this type of thread is. It's honestly to the point of being nearly pointless. This is mainly due to there being no clear outlier. It's almost universally agreed that, currently, the higher end Peaches are placing about the same. But since this discussion is going to take place regardless, we can at least approach it using hard evidence, a little qualitative data, and maybe even some tact.

Smash is a game were your every tournament appearance is recorded. What you placed, who was there, and who you beat. This is real data we can use, but it's not perfect and doesn't always tell the full story. Let me cover some common misinterpretations.

Illmatic won/placed high in a tournament! He's the best Peach!
A seemingly impressive number doesn't cover two important details: who was there and who was beaten. Winning a 100 man tourney full of nubs doesn't mean much. Similarly, placing right beneath a few good players, but above a lot of mediocre ones has the same effect. Congratulations, you beat people who suck.

The important bit is who was beaten to get to that spot. A talented player will beat talented players.

Note: Realizing a few tournaments coming up, simply measuring who got higher in bracket at the same tournament is dishonest. Again, it is essential to consider who was beaten to get there, and who was blocked from even trying by facing AAA-Tier players early. Your bracket of terrible Snakes impresses no one.

Illmatic beat [A-Tier Player]! He's the best Peach!
Generally, this is the most concrete and reliable evidence. Like I said, talent beats talent. But johns exist. This is absolutely nitpicking, but if there ever is a back story - say something involving tripping, pausing, or even bomb-ombs, enjoy this news with a particle of salt.

But really, just a disclaimer. **** happens and people get lucky. Que: consistency.

Illmatic does great in Europe He's the best Peach!
Basic apples to oranges. With so little interaction between the continents, it's very difficult to determine how good Europe, or other countries, actually is in comparison to the US, and vice-versa. The speculation is entirely too much. While Europe and Japan will not be ignored below, a global ranking will not even be attempted. You are, of course, free to discuss and create your own.

Illmatic beat me while Nicole could not! He's the best Peach!
Really one of the better interpretations, but these comments clearly only cover a small number of people. The only facts here are: out of two players, one of them beat this specific opponent. Here we have to consider match-up experience, player experience, and even basic play-style interaction.

For example, Nicole might have lost here, but if she beats a different higher-caliber player, we can get a little confused. It's a case study, a good one really, but it shouldn't be taken as a complete investigation.

THE CONTENDERS
Listing a top "five" is arbitrary. I say we start with a complete list of all the currently active Peaches, and from there separate into tiers. Maybe we'll have a top five, maybe a top three, maybe a top ten. It defeats the purpose to pre-define who's good.

Presented in absolutely no order, especially not importance:

• Illmatic
  • 2link
  • Akariss
  • Botastic
  • BTC
  • C Spyker
  • Dark.Pch
  • Draik "Rowan"
  • Gantrain
  • HamNEggs
  • HiROI
  • -Joey-
  • King Beef
  • Kyon
  • Lance Stern
  • Leon
  • LLOD
  • Meno
  • Mikey Lenetia
  • Moozle
  • Nicole
  • PBC
  • Peachkid
  • Praxis
  • Razmakazi
  • Silly Kyle
  • Xyless
  • Yaaay
  • Yami
  • Zudenka
Note: This list is under construction. If we're missing some Peaches, such as the Japanese ones, please post a notification so I can update.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
AKA: Who have you beaten? Nobody cares about your friendlies. MMs and tournament only.

2link
Wins: Jazz
Losses: Radix, Ryder, GDX, Sebrik

Dark.Pch
Wins:
Losses:
(Missing info from Viridian City 8)

Draik "Rowan"
Wins: Calic, Sneakytake
Losses: Fizzle (0-2), Scribbles, Hades Blade

HiROI
Wins: Action, Viper
Losses: Gallax, Hbox

Illmatic
Wins: Deva, Graf Nik, Jon, Theboredone,
Losses: Ultimaterazer, Dphat
(Missing info from Hobo 30 and MLG Dallas)

King Beef
Wins: Ripple, Sil, Hades
Losses: Renegade, Shugo

Kyon
Wins: Dtorr, Xdeath, Fearless, 2D-Jeff, Solo, Scarylb59
Losses: Gallax (0-2), Hbox, Prince Ramen, Hrnut
(Missing info from Wato 13 and FGCU Smash Alpha)

Lance Stern
Wins: Churro
Losses: Vato, Oki

Mikey Lenetia
Wins:
Losses:
(Missing info from End of the Year)

Meno
Wins: Pierre
Losses: Timotee, Dave

Nicole
Wins: Moe, Asdioh, Red Ryu, JBM, MegaRobMan, JT, Sneakytako, TripleR, Tmacc
Losses: Hades, Arty, MJG, Hylian, Future, Lain, Atomsk, Clel

Peachkid
Wins: I, Ryker, Munch
Losses: Bees, Dave

Razmakazi
Wins: Jeebus, Cognia, Nefarious B, Shiro
Losses: Paper, Loto, Larry (0-2)
(Missing info from 2GG, MLG Dallas, and VG Battles)

Silly Kyle
Wins: DK Speed DK, DerpDaBerp, Tommydermesiter (2-0), Steyo, Stevo, Prime
Losses: Duff0, Kiraflax (0-2), Darklink

Xyless
Wins: Neo
Losses: Fatboy Buff, Akashi

OPINIONS FROM OPPONENTS
Have you played multiple Peaches? What's your opinion?

TOURNAMENT PLACINGS
Dah raw numbers. I will update shortly.

THE RANKINGS
The "official" list. Under construction, but here's a probable prediction.

1. Illmatic
  2. Illmatic
  3. Illmatic
  4. Illmatic
  5. Illmatic

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'll be updating soon, but what we need to gather now is:

- your personal Peach accomplishments
- opinions from opponents

I'll update the tournament placings in a bit.

And I swear I will ****ing rage up your ***, make you suck it out through a straw, and swallow while asking for more sir if you ruin this.

:)

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
as funny as this is.

illmatic-ramic-taticness was not necessary.

it looks pretty though!

I have no accomplishments, but I'll be meat-riding socal to the end!~

:cool:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
omfgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I before A!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
THE RANKINGS
The "official" list. Under construction, but here's a probable prediction.

1. Illmatic
  2. Illmatic
  3. Illmatic
  4. Illmatic
  5. Illmatic
Meno, this is absolutely atrocious

Why is Illmatic higher than Illmatic? Illmatic has done way more than Illmatic has done, just look at his placings. They're much better than Illmatic's placings, both past and present, not to mention Illmatic has a much tougher region than Illmatic
And Illmatic for Number 1? Such horrible bias. Love the fact you put trashy Illmatic at the bottom of the Top 5, feeling sympathetic were you? Guess you completely forgot about poor Illmatic who is easily just as good as Illmatic/Illmatic (but then again, I guess everyone does. Poor Illmatic)

You see people, this is what happens when we let a B Sticker take charge. This a disgraceful attempt at a Top 5 Illmatic Illmapeach Peachmatic Illmatic list and I hope you resign from the Peach Boards forever

I'm naming my first born child after you Meno
Ok no I'm not really

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
This list should only show people who use peach 90% of the time.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Meno, this is absolutely atrocious

Why is Illmatic higher than Illmatic? Illmatic has done way more than Illmatic has done, just look at his placings. They're much better than Illmatic's placings, both past and present, not to mention Illmatic has a much tougher region than Illmatic
And Illmatic for Number 1? Such horrible bias. Love the fact you put trashy Illmatic at the bottom of the Top 5, feeling sympathetic were you? Guess you completely forgot about poor Illmatic who is easily just as good as Illmatic/Illmatic (but then again, I guess everyone does. Poor Illmatic)

You see people, this is what happens when we let a B Sticker take charge. This a disgraceful attempt at a Top 5 Illmatic Illmapeach Peachmatic Illmatic list and I hope you resign from the Peach Boards forever

I'm naming my first born child after you Meno
Ok no I'm not really
if this wasnt too long i'd sig it.

also,meno, you should note that we dont care about wifi either, unless you're gonna put llod on the list for best peach contenders

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Why isn't Praxis a contender?

@ Dark Pch, you're only on the list for contenders. Im sure that Meno will take into account that you do not want to be featured into the top five and as such won't be. You're on the contender list which is most likely just an overview of Peaches arou d the world amd you're one of those, regardless of skill level or whatever reasoning you have for not wanting to be put on the list.

@ Nicole, llod hasnt only been playing online you know.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Lol the only thing I really have going for me right now is rate of activity. Otherwise... *insert fart noise*

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
@ Dark Pch, you're only on the list for contenders. Im sure that Meno will take into account that you do not want to be featured into the top five and as such won't be. You're on the contender list which is most likely just an overview of Peaches arou d the world amd you're one of those, regardless of skill level or whatever reasoning you have for not wanting to be put on the list.
I really don't care. I don't want my name in here at all then have what happen in conenys top five thread when my name was brought up. I want my name out of this. I don't count as a Peach player to be mentioned. When I bring in results (whenever that will be) and not play like I did last year, then.

Cook

Smash Master
^He hasn't been to a tournament in 4eva. I think his last one was in November?

Get @ me Jlo!

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
this thread SUCKS

mine was BETTER
Good. This discussion is stupid.

But rofl @ how when we actually have to compare real accomplishments, it's crickets.

This list should only show people who use peach 90% of the time.
Players like Leon and KB shouldn't be instantly unrecognized for the work they do just because they bust out other characters. They might not clear the entire thing with Peach, but what they do accomplish with her should be acknowledged.

They will be included, but with an asterisk. And we can always form a "pure" best Peaches list afterwards.

also,meno, you should note that we dont care about wifi either, unless you're gonna put llod on the list for best peach contenders
Think that goes without saying. It's basically a different game.

Adding Praxis, 2link, Gantrain, and LLOD.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh, I think I'm also gonna list who you've lost to as well as who you've beaten. Lolz!

Dis gonna be good.

EDIT:

K, accomplishments have been updated from October onwards. There are a couple tournaments missing, as well as all MMs. Dark, Illmatic, Kyon, Mikey, and Raz, lemme know who you beat/lost to and I'll update.

And if I'm missing anything you'd like to include, gahead and inform me.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
You forgot to list I lost to Nick Riddle, Chaz, Afro Thundah, and Red Halberd x3

I would put players I've beaten, but honestly I'm not sure if it matters lol. Although I'm surprised you put Jazz and not the other people from that tournament. Do you not count pools?

Post if you NAMESEARCH~

:rosalina:

z00ted

this is SUPER tasty!

lemme go get all my wins / losses

im gonna lol @ losses.

Nicole

Smash Champion
i like looking at my losses list, lol. it makes me feel better about myself, cause i have only lost to pretty legit people recently, so that makes me happy.

you should add that i lost to cook & fino, and that i beat yoshq & you should put my dphat MM on there as well. oh if you want info from mlg dallas i lost to krystedez & beat affinity.

oya, i also lost to gimr & beat sneaky tako at SIIS 4.

(i know you guys are thinking, lol nicole you have to lose twice to get out of bracket, however every loss i havent listed is a loss to cook, so listing him once will probably suffice)

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
some of the names u put on mine are like old ones manny haha.

imo it shud prob just be everything after mlg dallas or aaactually the halloween tourney in san diego coz it would be the very beginning of november so...hmm..

in chronology i think it'd be like

SD

beat: cognia, jebus
lost: paper, larry

mlg dallas

beat: randoms! oh and THE BURGER KING!
lost: seibrik, havok

2gg

beat: junk, zork
lost: cpu, futile

noho

beat: truth, stridez,
lost: vato (1-2, gaaay, if i won i prob might've ended up on socal PR for the new update xD), zork (i'd count this as a bad loss since i usually **** him and he just literally nado'd for 90% of his inputs so I won't lose to that again. I was caught way off guard)

wgf

beat: stridez, prax (doesn't count coz it's my mk vs his fox + his rust at brawl lol), croissant, bigfoot, sky, vicegrip

lost: dsf, fow, irow

for the most part my losses are to PR'd ppl or formerly PR'd (futile, cpu). one horrid loss, and i lost to paper's gdubz but he's rly good though and usually gets games off of PR'd ppl.

that was more time consuming than i thought.

anyway i got 3 tourneys in the next 3 weeks so this shud be interesting lol.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I actually have an okay list if we use MMs, but using MMs is pretty dumb, and...this thread is stupid and will end in salty tears.

Especially if Illmatic actually gets any type of ranking, because he's legitly bad.

I'd honestly rather use tournaments only (even if it takes me out of the running).

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
DPhat, get better noob. I watched your videos vs Illmatic on Rainbow Cruise, he rolls in to the wall every time you scare him. You missed, like, half a dozen free dtilt locks.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I've never not played peach in tourny, at least in Brawl.

And what does it matter if someone is really good at peach but doesnt main her? Being good with peach is being good with peach.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You can't get full credit as a Peach player if you was not to use them as much as a person who goes peach like 100 of the time.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I actually have an okay list if we use MMs, but using MMs is pretty dumb, and...this thread is stupid and will end in salty tears.

Especially if Illmatic actually gets any type of ranking, because he's legitly bad.

I'd honestly rather use tournaments only (even if it takes me out of the running).
Who have you beaten? Nobody cares about your friendlies. MMs and tournament only.
Why not MMs?

I don't really care cause I haven't really MM'd anyone too notable, but I think at least MMs from out of your region should count, because you don't get many/any chances to play against that person anyway, that's kinda half the reason I do MMs in the first place - they are people I'd like to play in bracket but I don't get to, and the money is to make it serious.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
For what I am reading here, this is why you cant not have this topic. You playin different regions and based your winning/skills on that. That is comparing you to your region. Not you to other Peach players.

You guys have to be in the same tournies alot of playing the same people alot. Like past tournies such as apex 1,2, MLG's pound, etc. This is where lots of Peach gathered. And had a chance to see who is better. Who could beat who. And obviously who places better AT THE SAME TOURNAMENT.

Example. player A player B go to the same tourny. They both beat the same number of people. But the difference is, Player play whiped M2K. Player B has never played M2K.

Now I would bet that everyone out their mom would hype up Player a for beating M2K and think he is better than player B. How could they all determine that if player B had never got a shot of playing M2K and seeing how they COMPARE AGAINST HIM.

You guys are comparing from different places. Not the same spot. Honestly who Peach players have beaten in MM or in tourny don't mean anything to see who is the best. simple cause they have not played the same opponents.

If I was to go to Nicoles area and Beat all these players that she has lost too, are people gonna say I am better, or continue the hype train for her cause of nearly taken a game off anti? Or cause she does well vs meta in general? Is that gonna over shadow a legit comparision over genderish hype? 100 bucks says it will still go on.

The players nicole beat and lost to, not all these Peach players played. All the Players Ill played not all Peach players have played. Same goes for the rest.

This is what I see right now:

"Oh, Nicole is the best cause she does soo good Vs Meta. She nearly Beat anti 1 game and does well here. She gives people the ****." And I dare add on cause she is a girl.

"Ill ***** here and has beaten all these people when he started as well as placing high, so he is like one of the best, if not, thee best."

Here is one thing I can clearly compared to all of you. None have done anything amazing or legitful for this character. None at all.

Ok, so you guys lose to good players often. Nothing wrong with that. But I yet to hear people beating these players often. So really, nothing is changing. You are all on the same level. There is no way in hell the best Peach can be determined.

If you wanna compare and see who is the best, then all these Peach players people go on about and hype, they need to be at the same tournament and play the same people. Not this "well I do good at the match up, I just beat edjifgeitgveigwvfi, I lost to swadgwqlgf" crap.

All I see and here from here is egos being stroked. People getting hyped and enjoying it instead of kepping it 100. Trying to stand out as top Peach. You need to focus on actually doing something with yourself and this character. The hell you bothering with this when you guys have not done anything big.

Seeing peoples win and lose records, none have done anything big. This is pointless as I said in the other thread. If you still wanna go on about who is the best, wait till after pound and whobo. where lots of Peaches will be AT THE SAME TOURNY FOR A LEGIT COMAPRISION.

Also cause of this you can't even compare leon and Yami to us. They don't play here and we dont play there.There is no legit way to compare. Doing facny stuff and people get impressed to say they are this and that is not the way to go. Opinions don't mean anything. Hype don't meannothing. its whats on that paper that matters. A Peach player can be the fanciest mofo on the planet, yet he can go to every tournament and place dead last. Only way to compare them 2 to the USA is if Pro players from/ether USA/UK went back and forth from USA and UK to play. Both places get to play these pros and see who did better.

This topic is freaking backwards.

z00ted

I don't know what the **** I have done to Dphat.

If anything I have been MORE than nice to him after all the **** he's said to me.

Anyways - don't care, WHOBO 3.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Even though you are the best peach, I have actual proof that ive won more tourney matches against you =/

Top Bottom