• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Indiana Thread Re:Edit

Magellan

Smash Cadet
I live in the Marion, Indiana area. I am willing to play any Smash game (it is SMASH after all!) but I am actively playing Project M. I have never really played Melee; but I assume some things might carry over.

AufWiedersehen

Smash Cadet
NNID
AufWiedersehen
I'm in the central Indiana area, I'd totally be interested in tournaments or just playing Smash in general around Indy and its suburbs.

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
I attend Purdue but live near Indianapolis so I'd be interested in finding fellow players in both areas. I'm pretty busy nowadays but I'd love to cross attending a Smash tournament off my bucket list! I mainly play P:M but I'm willing to switch to Melee (haven't played Smash 4 so I don't have an opinion)

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I attend Purdue but live near Indianapolis so I'd be interested in finding fellow players in both areas. I'm pretty busy nowadays but I'd love to cross attending a Smash tournament off my bucket list! I mainly play P:M but I'm willing to switch to Melee (haven't played Smash 4 so I don't have an opinion)
Join the Indianapolis Smash and Purdue Smash Community Facebook groups. There is going to be a melee/pm tourney at Purdue on the 17th. You should check it out

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
I live fairly close to downtown Indianapolis, I'd like to know how to find any events going on around here. I could bring my N64, GameCube & Wii to one if there's a need for extra consoles.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Indianapolis has a weekly by the name of "Salty Sundays" not far from downtown. Check it out on their facebook group. (Link on the OP)

theguywiththefish

Smash Rookie
I live in Indianapolis and currently going to school at The Art Institute of Indianapolis. Is there any Smash fans near/events that I can get into? I played all games but currently just have 3DS/Wii U Smash.

ZeroToDeath

Smash Rookie
Hey, if there is anyone in Northern Indiana, West MI is running events almost weekly that are pretty close to you guys. We're focused more in Project M, but there's a lot of Melee and we're looking into Sm4sh now.

Xwo

Smash Rookie
I live in Noblesville so I'd love to get involved with Melee stuff in Carmel and Indianapolis. I've watched Melee for a while now, but only just started playing recently.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Looks like your best bet is playing with other NW IN guys or tournaments in Chicago. I don't know much about the scene up there though.

Buffalo

Smash Rookie
NNID
badbuffalo
3DS FC
2406-5610-3875
I live in the Marion, Indiana area. I am willing to play any Smash game (it is SMASH after all!) but I am actively playing Project M. I have never really played Melee; but I assume some things might carry over.
That's cool. You attend IWU perhaps? I go there fairly often to visit my brother.

As for myself, anyone else here live in the Warsaw/Kosciusko area? I just joined here, so naturally I'd love to know.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Actually, there are a few Warsaw players. Join the fort wayne facebook group if you can on the front page. That's generally where the warsaw players are closest to so that's where they chat.

There's a few melee players there and like (one) smash 4 player, so they could use every new player they can get!

Buffalo

Smash Rookie
NNID
badbuffalo
3DS FC
2406-5610-3875
So yeah, I've discovered that a fairly serious Smasher sits next to me in first period, pretty crazy. I believe he has an account here as well.

Join the fort wayne facebook group if you can on the front page. That's generally where the warsaw players are closest to so that's where they chat.
Could you link me to that, perhaps? I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:

scottguitar28

Smash Rookie
Hey yall I'll be visiting the Fort Wayne area for a guitar fest at ipfw. If anyone wants to play melee and throw back a few in a motel (lol I promise I won't kill you) with a central Illinois smasher (myself) let me know. I'll be in town Saturday night.

Edit: Not sure if this is the right thread for this kind of post but whatever. Pls direct me in the most correct direction otherwise.

Last edited:

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I updated the OP. Added a few more facebook groups and also mentioned what game each pertains to (if they do at all)

Including my new group! The new Smash 4 group of North East Indiana could use more members. If you live in Indiana and enjoy Smash 4, feel free to join (even if you don't quite live in the area). It's meant to cover everywhere from Fort Wayne to Muncie/Anderson area, I've just felt that our Smash 4 organization has been lacking lately.

I plan on adding a central hub of recurring tournaments and smashfests to the OP once again, as well. So stay tuned!

Last edited:

Ahenobarbus

Smash Cadet
I plan on adding a central hub of recurring tournaments and smashfests to the OP once again, as well. So stay tuned!
Make sure you include Reaction Games in South Bend. They host a ~biweekly Melee/Sm4sh tournament on Sundays as well as friendlies on the off weeks.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Fort Wayne right now has a pretty strong Smash 4 scene. We don't have a lot of people, but our general skill level of the people we do have is pretty high.

Definitely join the facebook group if you can (Northeast Indiana Smash), it was previously known as Smash of Fort Wayne. It's mostly melee-based but I'm pretty active in there and can maybe set up times to play and stuff. (Even though I'm literally moving away tomorrow, but only for the summer)

Warped

Smash Rookie
NNID
shadicfusion27_2
ummm exuse me can anyone help me find tournements for either melee or smash 4 in Indianapolis the facebook link isn't working

Top Bottom