• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Instant Wall Jump

napZzz

Smash Hero
I want to put this in the Kongpendium as an AT, but now people are all like "Omg lyke wtF this ar no AT!!1!one!" and I don't know what to think of it.
Its still something that can be useful that you should le tpeople know about. Thats why he made the thread and video in the first place. To show those who dont know it and remind those who did. He's just trying to bring more to diddys metagame I guess.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I went on ahead and added this to the Kongpendium since
a) it's enough of an AT/Strategy to be included, and
b) someone who comes across it in the sticky might find some amazing use for it later.

If there is any argument over credit or whatever, please try to keep it in the Kongpendium.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The only thing remaining is...doing it WITHOUT THE MIDAIR JUMP.

That would be pure sex.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
hate to say it but I've already done or perfected this with only Captain falcon,mario,diddy,falco,fox,and sonic it is very useful but old.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Why would you say its useful...

When on one can even find a video of ANYONE using it?

I mean, it clearly IS useful (very, very useful as I have been discovering this week by using ONLY this as my edge hop). I don't claim I just discovered this or anything, I do claim that no one uses this (despite many claiming they, in fact, do - no such videos exist to back up these claims of people who supposedly are proficient with it).

Noir: how do you get SD replays? Aka what do I need to do for you to send them to me.

ADHD: <3

Count

Smash Champion
Nah I think its useful too, I did it once by fluke a while back but didn't really think twice of it. If anything this thread is reminding us to implement it into our games better, so thanks AZ.

Player-1

Smash Legend
AZ, I don't have any vids on me personally doing it, unless Japes is like FD in terms of this and you have to instantly do it in order to even wall jump like what you said with japes. I do use it on japes, but japes isn't legal in GA, so I only do it on AiB and I rarely play japes and I don't record wifi matches much anymore...but when I do it on japes I use it to pull out a banana onto the 2 smaller platforms while someone is recovering since it's easier and safer than midair>b reversal popgun cancel > banana pluck, and I only do it on the 2 small platforms usually because they're so small that the opponent has a good chance of landing on it. I've never thought of doing a bair though because it never occurred to me that it was that fast until you've figured some stuff out with it like the mk thing

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I could have sworn I've seen Ninjalink do it except he takes a banana out so it lands on the edge. That's ANOTHER thing you can do instead of the over b thing.

I think I can send you the files over email and you can put them on an sd card and put it into your wii and play it. You have a capture card I'm assuming. If you could upload some h3 clips for me I'd love you :]

edit: I have me doing it in April. I'm sure I knew it before then. I barely ever played on my Wii before April.

Top Bottom