• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Item that should banished from Smash forever

mysticwolf

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the spring either, for the same reason you don't. I also don't like the screw attact. I pick it up thinking it's a franklin badge, and it's annoying and i can't get it off.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Exploding crates in melee. You hit it to open it up and it explodes. Not cool

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Probably the fan. It's a dumb item idea to begin with, but then they make it so you can trap people in it...other then that, definitely the Franklin Badge. Seriously, it's a horrible item.

Ridley5000

Smash Apprentice
lip's stick, its too annoying now, and daku nuts. i can nevr use daku nuts, they always explode when i get near them

but really all of the items except for food and green shell

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Could've swore this same thread had been made. Stupid General Discussion... :evil:

Get rid of that fan.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
I'm surprised people replied to your thread since that people claim to play with no Items.

Item that should be bannished = Deku nut.

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
smart bombs. What's even more annoying is when you think they're duds, but go off when you least expect it. >_<'

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Did someone seriously say to get rid of Pokeballs.

Do you like... hate enjoyment?

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
I say sticky bombs. On high, stick your opponent with enough and they won't stop exploding. On normal, if you get hit with one, you have to run around trying to touch your opponent or shield, which wastes it. Or you could air dodge, but that needs good timing.

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
Oh my God the Smoke Ball. It's not really that helpful of an item to begin with, and on high it's just ridiculos.

The Mad Mage

Smash Rookie
If I had to pick one, then...yeah. Probably smoke ball. Not really useful except for OMG PERTY COLR SMOEK.

damezguy

Smash Apprentice
yeah the fan is annoying when your little, fun when your a big character. ermm i guess i dislike the pokeballs. weird yeah but i just dont like them and prefer the assist trophies when in need of assistance.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I agree with the smoke ball. No damage, just coloured smoke. LAME.

While on the topic with items, what's the deal, with no red shell?

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Wut? Red shell was so fun for made up minigames in Melee........

My most hated item is the Dragoon. When I get a piece, I drop it by getting hit by a jab or a weak projectile..... And I then I can combo the crap out of everyone else, aerials, grabs, smashes..... they still hold on to it! I have the same problem with the Smash Ball too. :mad:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh no, I meant what's up with it not being Brawl? Reflectors and capes made that thing awesome :(

LittLeLives

Smash Apprentice
Thunderbolt.

Not only because I've had bad experiences enough with it in Mario Kart, but that it's pure random.
I beat the crap out of my opponent to get to it first...and I turn small.
I feel lucky and let my opponent take it...and I turn small.

The Mad Mage

Smash Rookie
That, Toon Marth, is when Snake needs to start using those awesome tilts I've heard so much about.

Mr. Saturn, in addition to being INSANELY AWESOME, is more effective against shields than other projectiles, and can be thrown multiple times.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Brawl's Bumper is pretty much the best Smash item ever. Dunno why people would want to get rid of it; it's heaps of fun.

The Beam Sword in Brawl is pretty useless. Its range is terrible despite its appearance, the smash attack is quite laggy, and the knockback is pitiful. It probably shouldn't get "banished from Smash forever" though. It was good in the other games IIRC, and I guess it is a decent item to throw around. It does make a cool sound too. :bee:

Wait, what's my point again? Hmm, I'll just go along with everyone and say get rid of the Smoke Ball.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It totally diminishes gameplay of projectile based characters like snake. Though snake is not too highly appreciated so...
I think that's the point. No more mindlessly spamming your blaster, noob Falco player!

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Lol now I remember. Mr. Saturn is the reason I lost to my n00bish friend when I was fox. Ahh, the days when fox was awesome instead of horridly brawlified.

Well, being a Marth main, no worries about those two items: got no projectiles.

Oh, and Mic_128, I thought thats what fox's b-down was for. Well, I guess they had in mind a fox b-down for everybody this time around.

Scott!

Smash Lord
This thread fails for lack of the Timer. I mean seriously. Maybe if it always did the same thing, like a nice, normal item. But no! It seems to slow me down too far too often. Of course, looking at how much I've used items, (rare at best), that could just be random bad luck and sample size.

The screw attack isn't that bad, though the Melee one was better. I mean seriously, there were few better items to have in the X-man Melee modes than a screw attack, in my experience.

Franklin Badges let poor characters who don't have reflectors see what it's like to not have to power shield everything. I think that's friendly.

Top Bottom