• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Item that should banished from Smash forever

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I hate the fan and the smoke ball the ray gun is annoying and its to easy to get trapped in.

I like the bumper and Mr. Saturn though!

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
The only item that deserves banishment is the one that never serve's it's purpose. Despite how much people dislike the Pokeball or Assist Trophy or Beam Sword or the Bumper, I'm sure everyone's had atleast 1 time where it saved there skins...

I seem to be lucky with Pokeballs. I've gotten Kyogre 4 times in 1 match. I think it's my signature Pokemon helper in Brawl. The King of the Sea seems to watch over me whenever Items are on. :p I'm going down in stock for whatever reason, pick up the Ball, throw it down, turn around and smile as a Giant Whale appears over me. :p I like takings pictures of ZSS using her kick move just right so that it looks like she's laying ontop of it. :p Blue Swimsuit matching the Giant Whale. :p

But as for the item that never does what it's suppost to, what item is that? The one that does borderline 0 damage, and can't be used for cloud cover. It only helps if you're enemy is either Adhd (OMG THE COLORS PRETTY! Wait, what are we doing again? (smashed in the face) Owwie... ;.; ) or if they are Asmatic (OMG EVIL SMOKE THAT DOES NOTHING! *cough cough cough* ). Smoke Balls are completely pathetic.

White Bread

Smash Cadet
How about boxes, crates, and capsules. That way we could accually play with items. Well atleast it would make it more enjoyable.

Sonic Phantom

Smash Cadet
The Dragoon is such a nuisance. Seems like every time I get a piece it only takes one hit to knock it off of me while it is exactly the opposite for my opponents. I cannot recall the last item game I played where it actually took more than one hit. Though, I think I dislike the Timer more; works for everyone else and back fires on me far too often.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
All of the items. *cough* The fan. I HATE that thing with all of my contained hatred that lies at the bottom of my heart.

luvs2pluck

Smash Apprentice
I used to hate the screw attack item, but then I realized it basically has IASA frames throughout the entire thing, so you can instantly throw out any air attack during it. So fun to catch someone in it with Captain Falcon then get an inescapable knee of justice combo on them.

As for items I hate, I would have to say the mushrooms are the worst. Whether you turn big or small, you always seem to be at a disadvantage....

p.s. no one should really complain about the fan or smart bomb, considering they can both be smash di-ed out of almost instantly

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
I despise the heart container and the maximum tomato.
All that damage, for nothing.
I always turn them off when I play with items.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
The Hammer/Golden Hammer.

People always run toward it like its a Smash Ball. (Me included)

The Falconator

Smash Cadet
I agree, Smoke bombs are the wost weapons ever creted. If they "blur" your vision, your blind. Get glasses. And how can people hate the bumpers? Best weapons ever!

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
Please get the Dragoon out.
Nothing is more frustrating in one player than when you see Dragoon pieces begin to fall. You know they're hard to collect, and it means no Smash Ball. RRRRAAAAGGGGEEEEE

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Smoke Ball And Mr Saturns IMO. Mr Saturn does like? nothing, same with Smoke Ball. Fan is overpowered, they should make it less faster so you can escape from it. Red Shells were so awesome!!!

Veggi

Smash Champion
The fan, if I'm going to die, don't make it so that I'm in hitstun for 20 minutes until I die. I hate all items, but at least I don't have to wait as long for the other ones.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I agree with the smoke ball. No damage, just coloured smoke. LAME.

While on the topic with items, what's the deal, with no red shell?
Everyone despised the item so much, we've blocked it out of our memories.
Thunderbolt.

Not only because I've had bad experiences enough with it in Mario Kart, but that it's pure random.
I beat the crap out of my opponent to get to it first...and I turn small.
I feel lucky and let my opponent take it...and I turn small.
Agreed. :<
Brawl's Bumper is pretty much the best Smash item ever. Dunno why people would want to get rid of it; it's heaps of fun.

The Beam Sword in Brawl is pretty useless. Its range is terrible despite its appearance, the smash attack is quite laggy, and the knockback is pitiful. It probably shouldn't get "banished from Smash forever" though. It was good in the other games IIRC, and I guess it is a decent item to throw around. It does make a cool sound too. :bee:

Wait, what's my point again? Hmm, I'll just go along with everyone and say get rid of the Smoke Ball.
Beam Sword is god in Multiman Brawl, especially with Falcon.
Bah, child's play. Ever been stuck between two Golden Hammers?
I got stuck between two squeaky hammers once!

The Heart.
Game Breaker.
64 Heart was a true game breaker. :<
How about boxes, crates, and capsules. That way we could accually play with items. Well atleast it would make it more enjoyable.
Moving Crate is one of the best inventions to Smash ever
.......the fan :(
Multiman Brawl would be so hard without the fan... :<
Smoke Ball And Mr Saturns IMO. Mr Saturn does like? nothing, same with Smoke Ball. Fan is overpowered, they should make it less faster so you can escape from it. Red Shells were so awesome!!!
Throw the fan at a shielding jigglypuff. It's fun.

Anyways, the most despised item ever was the red shell. Second was the Lightning. Third Smart Bomb.

Discussion over.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Worst Item EVER- FAN!!!!

as if i dont hate wifi enough, the game gives stupid ****s the fan and I am stuck in place for 1:55, and then killed in the last 5 seconds. GAY.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
worst item....poison mushroom

if your not paying attention, you run for it thinking it's a regular mushroom, and then....you shrink -__- I HAT THAT!!!

POKE40

Smash Lord
2 Fans = **** w/ IC so thats pretty freakn awesome

So they should remove:
  • Fan deku nuts, and fans
  • Smart bomb (although u guys know how to SDI right?)
  • Lighting (it lasts...for a freakin long time)
  • Unira (did i spell it right?)
  • Team healers (perhaps the least used of the healing items)
they need to change the ray gun to the n64 version. The 64 version was freakn' awesome!

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I'm not sure why everyone hates the smoke ball. It's great for rave parties.

HOW TO HAVE A SSBB RAVE PARTY!

Team battle, smoke balls on high, Lucas and Kirby on one team, ZSS and Lucas on another. Have the team L/K-Lucas dsmash into Kiby, who is spamming the utilt. Have the L/ZSS Lucas do the same to ZSS. Throw smoke balls. Instant rave party.

Kaitou Ace

Smash Apprentice
I just think they should take out recovery items, except for the food. They should also take out the Smart Bomb and the Deku-nut or as my friends like to call it, the "date-**** drug". It's too hax and can really just make you lose a stock for no reason.

I like items when they're fair and don't seriously replace skills.

Top Bottom