• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Justice League Presents-818 MELEE Vol.1 Sat. 4/12

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
A friend of mine has been hosting Brawl tourneys in NoHo for a while and wants to start

running Melee, so he asked me to post it for him.

(copied from AiB) http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5480

The Justice League Presents-818 MELEE Vol.1

Date: Sunday April 12, 2009

Categories:
Singles
Doubles

60 Person Cap!

Where: -MAC- Miguel’s House/Garage
6848 Atoll Ave., North Hollywood, California 91605. (MapQuest it)

It will be held inside my garage it is pretty big it can hold well over 35 people, and if it gets a little crowded space can be made. Technically on the right side of the house there will be a side door specifically to enter the garage.(So do not go knocking on main door....) Bring your OWN CONTROLLER.

I believe my house will be easy to find once you are there because it is the one with the most cars parked
Don't forget about the sidedoor to the right...

Fee:
Singles Fee: $8 ($5 to the pot, $3 venue)
Doubles: $12 (10 dollars to the Pot $2 venue)

Time:
Sunday- April 12th Doubles start first: 12:00pm(setup/sign-ups 11:00am-12:00pm)
Immediately after Doubles we will begin Singles

I am starting the singles event right after doubles please don't be late! If you arrive late, I can fill you in for a bye, but if there aren't any open slots, well isn't that just too bad? ^_^

We currently have 3 T.V's so for the most part

If you bring a Wii, you will get a dollar of the venue fee.
A T.V is a dollar off your venue.
If you bring a whole set up you get venue fee’s off.

If you're planning to bring a set-up ... please try to arrive by
11 am.

I'm now taking setup sign-ups, only register your set-up if you're 100% sure you can bring it. NO FLAKES! I'll take as many as I can, the more the better.
Please, no Plasma T.V's.

Wii's/G.C. (with game Melee):
1.K-O5
2.Tnargrant
3.festizzio

We've got 3 TV's already (all non-plasma)
T.V's:
1.festizzio

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There Will be Food sold:

Candy,Soda,Water,Pizza,Chips

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prize:
Singles and Doubles
Split the pot:
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Stages:
Each player may ban one stage before picking. If a banned stage is picked, reset. If it is picked again, you must play on it.

SINGLES:
Neutral Stages:
Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams.
Counter Pick:
Kongo Jungle 64, Poke Floats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Corneria, Brinstar, Mute City.

DOUBLES:
Neutral:
Fountain of Dreams in banned in doubles, lag isues, etc. you all know it by now.
Counter Pick:
Mute City is banned, and MKII is added.

Playing:
1st match, select characters, double blind if you wish to, Ban stages, see if you can't agree on a Neutral to play on, if not, go random. Loser of first round declares stage. winner then picks a character. Loser picks character after winner has chosen. next match is played and life continues.
All sets are 2/3, losers finals, winners finals, and grand finals are 3/5.

For Teams:
Team Attack On, Life stealing allowed

...Sorry if the rules are messy, I didn't write them >:p

Atlus8

Smash Master
cool but 4/12 is on a sunday

what kind of rule is this LOL
I think it's talking about the first match. Each player bans a stage before going random. If a banned stage is picked on random then you must reset. However, if it is chosen on random again then you must play on it! That's dumb! A player that bans a stage stays banned no matter how many times it comes up at random!

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
woooow I told you guys I didn't write these.

We all know what the rules are. Fine, singles and doubles rules from Mango's Juice are in

effect. I liked those :o

One Word Extinguisher

Smash Apprentice
why don't you copy and paste them into the original post

also wouldn't it be much smarter if you just made a set venue fee for $5 so people can't only enter singles or doubles and save a couple of bucks? implores people to enter both, and if they don't, they have to pay $5 anyway for their stupidity

if the tourny shows signs of a better host i will most likely attend

oh, and you should fix the "Sat 4/12" in the title

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Ya kira sunday is fine. Well actualy in my case since I have to do something important for a family friend. Were gonna mm here so lets do it. So now i have you for my falco your fox at what i assume is one dollar. This time i wanna do one with my sheik too. Im sure we can do others. Wanna mm my peach? You too festizzio we got one fox ditto and my sheik and ganon vs pika. Anyone else want a dollar mm?

MacD

Banned via Administration
hmm maybe, i'm supposed to work till 12:30 but can proabbly get off at 11 if it's slow

and idk if people know this but that day is easter, just throwing it out there for those who celebrate and might not know

festizzio

Smash Champion
Ya kira sunday is fine. Well actualy in my case since I have to do something important for a family friend. Were gonna mm here so lets do it. So now i have you for my falco your fox at what i assume is one dollar. This time i wanna do one with my sheik too. Im sure we can do others. Wanna mm my peach? You too festizzio we got one fox ditto and my sheik and ganon vs pika. Anyone else want a dollar mm?
wtf fox dittos?? **** that i want pika vs. fox

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Fine we can do pika vs fox.
@ kira **** it me and you sheik ditto for five? I have to do this for myself. Lets go!!!
@ macd ya man your right. I dunno im probably gonna go to church. I should still make it maybe not for doubles though. What time do singles start? Please say like 3.

One Word Extinguisher

Smash Apprentice
lol you just HAD to quote his post huh

it's funny because he probably thinks these $1 mms matter because it's all HE can afford, but won't realize for a good six months or so that no one gives a **** about a dollar money match

DJMirror

Smash Master
@ nicaboy
better to mm match more then 1 dollar, i learn that if it's just a dollar no one will give a **** about it that why you have to mm at least 3 bucks (i might be wrong so correct me on this) and 3 bucks is not a lot of money, with 3 bucks you can some food at fast food

nicaboy

Smash Champion
@ nicaboy
better to mm match more then 1 dollar, i learn that if it's just a dollar no one will give a **** about it that why you have to mm at least 3 bucks (i might be wrong so correct me on this) and 3 bucks is not a lot of money, with 3 bucks you can some food at fast food
did i not just mm kira for five? Ya i think i did. Or maybe i cant read. Btw do you wanna go for five bro? My sheik vs your whatever?

DJMirror

Smash Master
oops didn't read that post clearly just skim through it

and sure i guess i'll do it since i need to play more and i'll hand over those 5 nice crispy dollars bills while i'm at it

my marth against your sheik

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Ok jkun should be fun. I cant afford to miss this. Sucks that its on easter though. Well worse care scenario i will come just to mm you guys and chill.

Kira-

Smash Champion
@ kira **** it me and you sheik ditto for five? I have to do this for myself. Lets go!!!
I accept

Ya kira sunday is fine. Well actualy in my case since I have to do something important for a family friend. Were gonna mm here so lets do it. So now i have you for my falco your fox at what i assume is one dollar. This time i wanna do one with my sheik too. Im sure we can do others. Wanna mm my peach?
I'll MM any of your characters with my Fox but lets do 2 bucks each so I try harder

5 dollar money match my DK ur Falcon
I'll MM your DK with my Fox, $5, out of 5 games

your falco too

WestBallz

Smash Ace
I don't main Falco anymore he is like a backup now and DK on falcon was just for fun. If i have any more money left ill MM you. I might do the DK fox MM

One Word Extinguisher

Smash Apprentice
**** kira you're so lucky!!! why is playing yuo for five!

kira do me a favor and make it closer than it really is so he thinks he can challenge me too!

edit: uh yeah best of 5 i guess, but with counterpicks

Top Bottom