• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kirby Cheat

TheKeyboardist

Smash Cadet
Awesome vid Omnigamer.

I think omnigamer's smash vids are the best ones out there. Not nesasscarily the combos themselves (althogh they were very good as well) but the other things like video editing (no faults here), quality (best ive seen), transition (perfect, in one clip, ill see kirby hanging on a ledge and next clip will start with kirby hanging), variety of moves (chaingrabs, spikes, shffles, etc..), music (i loved it), variety of style (awesome SSB clip and intro clip), thourough credits (need i say more), etc..

I never got bored of it, ShinedBlind was a little repetive but still good, none of that redundancy in this vid.

Another great vid worked on by Omnigamer, Perfect Control.

Great job!!

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Eh, I still have a long ways to go as far as editing is concerned. I dabble in a number of other fighting games as well, so I also collect a lot of combo videos of various things. I can honestly say that 80% of the combo videos out there put anything the smash community has offered thus far to shame as far as editing, transitions, style, etc.

We have quite a bit of "unique" vids as compared to other fighters, but we don't have any truly spectacular videos yet. All of this video editing stuff is more just a hobby of mine, but I'm getting better after each one.

Dodger

Smash Ace
It's a really cool vid Omni. The one thing that really stuck out for me is your skill with the uair. I mean it's incredible, you're landing uairs in situations I never would have thought possible. I really wanna practice with uaris now....

Dawg

Smash Apprentice
really cool vid man, like you said not all the combos were practical(tech the d-throw much? hehe), but still is probably the one of the coolest if not the coolest combo vid ive seen, the fact its kirby makes it that much cooler!

as far as editing, very well done, however, just my opinion, i dont like the added effects like that one part in the middle with the fuzzy black screen and the 'legends dont die thing', not that they werent cool or anything, but when your watching a smash vid its kinda distracting

again, very nice work

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Well, as far as dthrow goes, either they don't tech, or I chase their tech and grab them again ^_^; It's usually win-win for me.

The actual quote for that middle section is an allusion to something else, which nobody seems to have picked up on yet (not surprising)... but I just thought the quotes worked well for what I had planned at that particular point.

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
That was the best vid. i have ever seen. The stuff you pulled is outrageous and amazing, if you ever entered a tournament i'd bet everything i have that you'd win.
I have to say this will probably put kirby up a tier or two.

swordgard

Smash Hero
About that legend never die thingy, i saw a clan named like that, did you invented or picked up somewhere.

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
Grrr...I can't seem to get the download to start...I never got how to download stuff off rapidshare XP...Can someone please tell me how, because this sounds like an awesome vid!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
explain why you think that chinesahh, why you would think that about this video doesn't make sense unless 1. you hate kirby 2. you hate OMNI (impossible) 3. you hate combo videos 4. you hate smash bros. 5. you hate everything

AT LEAST give an explanation of why you think that!

IT WAS AWESOME!

chinesahh

Smash Lord
i dont hate kirby

i dont hate omni

i dont hate combo videos

i dont hate smash brothers

i dont hate everything

i thought it was ****ty, thats all. wtf

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Meh, if people didn't like it, it's fine. There's always going to be some tough critics on a piece. It's just when people don't get their facts stright that I get a little flustered :-/

psykoweezl

Smash Journeyman
Omnigamer said:
You don't need premium to get it. Scroll down on the page. See that little part where it says "Free"? Yeah, click that. Then scroll down again, and a direct link to the video should pop up in a few seconds.
I got problems like u Myst007_teh_newb. I always click free then i upload then it says no upload in progress, i wat does the direct link say, and sorry for bothering about this but this is one video i've always wanted to see XD

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Yeah Omni I know that feeling. When I made Tactic's Combo Video, I told the people it was training mode combos and that many combos were inspired by Tetsuya's Combo video. People seemed to disregard that and still go "THAT WAS A HORRIBLE TETSUYA VIDEO" or "THOSE WILL NEVER WORK IN A REAL MATCH". Felt pretty bad because I already told them and it's just jabbing in the knife further.

People, if you don't like it, okay, but what could he do to make it better?

-After looking at the video numerous times Omni, I would like to see more variety of you versus different human players (that's a given)
-Maybe next time, not so long of a video
-Me personally am getting a little tired of just straight footage shown. I am in a filming class, and we focus a lot of plot structure for films. Maybe to make it a bit more interesting, make up a story? Like Nick from the Punch Crew's video (I believe), it had a little bit of a plot, but to me it went a long way.

EDIT :
psykoweezl - you don't upload. DOWNLOAD!! Scroll to the bottom after you click Free, then wait for the timer to finish.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
-After looking at the video numerous times Omni, I would like to see more variety of you versus different human players (that's a given)
-Maybe next time, not so long of a video
-Me personally am getting a little tired of just straight footage shown. I am in a filming class, and we focus a lot of plot structure for films. Maybe to make it a bit more interesting, make up a story? Like Nick from the Punch Crew's video (I believe), it had a little bit of a plot, but to me it went a long way.
1. Yeah, I would have liked to do that as well, but I was limited in my opponents during recording sessions. Kozzy is my little brother, so he's obviously going to be around most often, and Pyro and myself smash the most often out of our crew, so they were used most often. There were 3 hours of footage recorded, 2 against Kozzy and 1 against Pyro. I was just a bit limited on time, and I wanted to get it finished, so I was restricted to those two.
2. The length was a bit of a problem, but I wanted to make full use of the second track, which was long enough by itself, and still keep the opening that I had planned out. So, yeah, probably could have been shorter, but I'm happy with the results.
3. I know what you're talking about, but it's very difficult to come up with something like that if pretty much all you have is straight combo footage. When I was originally storyboarding RagnARok, I planned to have things progress as the actual Ragnarok of Norse mythology did. However, some of my ideas for scenes turned out to be impractical or just didn't look right... so the idea was scrapped in favor of what RagnARok is today.

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
hey Chinesahhhh i dont care if you are asian alright. your making our people look like fobs. well im glad you realize what you are.

anyways i love the vid it was VERY nice. loved everything about it =p
i'd be kirby but hes just so hard to stay alive with =/

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
wow, impressive combo vid. But I must ask you, where did you get the 1st and 3rd music? I looked at ocremix and vgmix and they weren't there...did you get them somewhere else or uploaded them to your comp or something?

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
The final track is directly from the GGX2#R Original Soundtrack, so you won't find it at any remix site. But I'm pretty sure the first track is on VGMix somewhere...

chinesahh

Smash Lord
Nekurbis86 said:
hey Chinesahhhh i dont care if you are asian alright. your making our people look like fobs. well im glad you realize what you are.

ROFLROFL wtf...

i guess im not allowed to give my honest view on a video without someone getting pissed off.

**** you scrub

btw omni, i seriously have nothing against you. you are probably a really cool guy.

The Newb

Smash Ace
Yeah, like, you know, this totally like sucked both mah balls. Like, Kirby was on the left...and Cheat was totally on the right.

Jk, I didn't like it, but when's the last time I made a combo vid. :laugh:

Edited: Seriously no offense was meant by this, some could have been interpreted :p

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
nah man its just that your sig is just...naive

and i believe you dont know what your talking about when it comes to skills with kirby.

and im not a scrub aight?

The Newb

Smash Ace
Why're you pointing out something in his sig? wtf. Also, if you can't see that this is JUST a combo vid and the opponents weren't DIing sometimes, then you ARE a scrub.

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
well sure i can see that most of the clips were of computers and/or his friends helping him out making a series of attacks connect but I still think it was a nice video alright??

im not a scrub, d***

chinesahh

Smash Lord
na·ive or na·ïve - adj. Lacking worldly experience and understanding.

ROFL i think i know and understand that im asian.

LMAO all i said is i thought the video was ****ty. WTF its an opinion. the fact if i have kirby knowledge or not is irrelavant.

stfu, you are a ****ing scrub

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I would advise you all to drop the flamebaiting, lest I be forced to start handing out warnings.

As far as matches go, every match footage clip was exactly that, match footage. Nothing was staged, players didn't "try" to get comboed, DI was used however the player thought it would save/help him. But meh, if you can't take my word on it, I'm not gonna get you to believe it any other way, so I'll leave it at that.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dang

That Kirby video was awesome. Especially showing some SSB and another kirby game.

10/10, Seriousely.

Arash

Smash Lord
the opening clip was gold, and i don't know where you keep getting your music but every time i remember the glory days of gaming...

on a scale of 1-10, it's super great... good stuff omni

Ghostype

Smash Champion
The Kirby Cheat is very well done. The editing, beginning clip, and music are awesome, you come off as a real pro when it comes to making videos. And I liked a lot of the combos, it got me playing a little Kirby; which is something I never thought I'd do.

psykoweezl

Smash Journeyman
ok...i finally watched it and figured out rapid share, thanks guys..Great vid, i used to play kirby but realized that he was weaker in ssbm, but u proved me wrong. Great combos, keep up the good work.

Runt

Smash Journeyman
Ive been playin Kirby all my life. I never really started playin seriously until my friends started playing and they were terrible at first. When they started getting better and were able to beat me (finally) i watched this video and the whole time i was like "what da heck, those are some nice combos." So i started practicing them and im extremely good now. Even people at tournaments know me as the "Rediculous Kirby."

So i just wanna say dat that was a nice video. I loved the combos and everything else.
(I have those songs on my IPod. KRool Intensions is nice)

Catman

Smash Rookie
I love "The Kirby Cheat" but there is too many CPU... where have you found all musics ?

Sorry if my English is bad , I began to learn English 4 years ago...

k3mikal

Smash Rookie
i cant download the video becuase of my university's firewall, is it possible to upload it at filefront?
i'd really love to see what kirby is capable of, since i ditched kirby for fox.
thanks and sorry to bother.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
You're probably better of staying with fox ^_^;

But you should be able to find a filefront link in the stickied Video Archive thread.

Top Bottom