• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kirby Video Archive/Kirby Critique thread!

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Eek, I am falling behind on updating...

:(...Once again, I am STILL busy with schoolwork...:urg:...I SHOULD be able to have SOME update by the end of next weekend.

I am REALLY sorry to everyone waiting for this archive to update; I just have several things going on that I need to attend to first.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
But...why did snake get damaged too?
Does Cypher hurt the Snake that spawned it?
I think it only transferred some of the throw damage.

Check out my combo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_W_b2T6oL4 at about 0:41, I grab Ike, but I'm pushed off the stage. It does 3% damage to him even though I never pummel or throw.

Oh, Tomato Kirby give me your password and I'll update for you :p

Tip: A Blizzard employee will NEVER ask you for your password.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
I think it only transferred some of the throw damage.

Check out my combo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_W_b2T6oL4 at about 0:41, I grab Ike, but I'm pushed off the stage. It does 3% damage to him even though I never pummel or throw.
sai wut? thats def messed up. Also lol @ shameless advertisement 4 video. Nice work btw.

/l33t5p33k

ShadowDragonG

Smash Cadet
But...why did snake get damaged too?
Does Cypher hurt the Snake that spawned it?
I believe Kirby's up throw damages when your first take them up to the ceiling,
I'm probably wrong though, cause I'm an idiot. x.x;;;;

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I believe Kirby's up throw damages when your first take them up to the ceiling,
I'm probably wrong though, cause I'm an idiot. x.x;;;;
It's cause of the forced grab release damage. The cypher caused Kirby to grab release Snake. Most grab releases do about 3-4% damage. Kirby's up-throw doesnt damage until you ram him into the ground.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Hooray! After several weeks, I am glad to say that updating will now continue as normal.

A semblance of updates should occur soon.

The wait is almost over, fellow Kirby fans!

*Update notice is completely overshadowed by Kirby Super Star Ultra*

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Here are my newest vids, both of which are wifi, both of which are against good players:

Asdioh (Kirby) vs Baki (Wolf) 1-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV-KuyUbq-8

Asdioh (Kirby) vs Master Raven (Meta Knight) 1-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCRIoroBLQA

Watch and learn guys ^_^

Oh, Tomato Kirby, if you could delete the first two vids in my section, that'd be cool, as they're crappy quality, both in video and play. And...you don't hafta list ALL my matches vs. deg and SD, just 1 of each would be good :O like #4 against each XD

Or you could delete most of my videos, they're kinda old... :p

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Those videos listed for me are old... some date back to before Brawl's release. You should delete them and put these in their place:

(1-1) (1-2) (1-3) t1mmy (Kirby) vs QTP (Diddy) Axis Gaming

(1-1) (1-2) (1-3) (1-4) (1-5) t1mmy (Kirby) vs t0mmy (ROB) 2008-09-13
(2-1) t1mmy (Kirby) vs t0mmy (ROB) 2008-09-13

The rest of Set 2 hasn't been uploaded yet.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
That was at the college's game room TV. His style kind of counters my style, so I wasn't expecting that. lol. I like being offensive but would keep on getting shut down by power shields and precise timing on his part.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Sova Tourney Pools
Gonzo (Kirby) vs Famus (Mario)
Victor: Gonzo

SOVA Tourney Pools
Gonzo Kirby vs SSR (Peach)

SOVA Tourney Pools
Gonzo Kirby vs Dobee (Kirby)

SOVA Tourney Pools
Gonzo Kirby vs Dragon Charles (ROB) Part I
Victor: Dragon CHarles

Sova Tourney Pools
Gonzo Kirby vs Dragon Charles (ROB) Part II
Victor: Dragon CHarles

Sova Tourney Bracket ROund I
Gonzo Kirby vs WhoDat Olimar
Victor: GOnzo

Sova Tourney Bracket Round II
Gonzo Kirby vs Kornnnnn MK
Victor: Kornnnnn

Sova Tournet Round III
GOnzo Kirby vs Toasty ROB Part I
Victor: Toasty

Sova TOurney Round III
GOnzo Kirby vs Toasty ROB Part II
Victor: Toasty

Tourney Results
Results

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Gonzo....................I'm only 2 minutes into the first match against Dragon Charlz.................................................wtf is going on? I stopped watching because: I don't even believe that's you!! it's like 100% different than how you played in our friendlies last month and in our tourney match saturday, and completely different from...how you should play against ROB. I'm kinda confused :( were you sandbagging? I mean, you were letting him camp you...

sorry for being so critical, but take it as a compliment to your actual level of skill that I had to pause the video just to comment on this out of complete and utter confusion o_O

*goes back to vid*

Also: can't wait til our match is uploaded hahaha...is my 3rd-person complaining in there? Wonder what the reaction was to that tech, I was too elated to remember hahaha ^_^

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Gonzo....................I'm only 2 minutes into the first match against Dragon Charlz.................................................wtf is going on? I stopped watching because: I don't even believe that's you!! it's like 100% different than how you played in our friendlies last month and in our tourney match saturday, and completely different from...how you should play against ROB. I'm kinda confused :( were you sandbagging? I mean, you were letting him camp you...

sorry for being so critical, but take it as a compliment to your actual level of skill that I had to pause the video just to comment on this out of complete and utter confusion o_O

*goes back to vid*

Also: can't wait til our match is uploaded hahaha...is my 3rd-person complaining in there? Wonder what the reaction was to that tech, I was too elated to remember hahaha ^_^
lol its all there, and i dont know what happened at SOVA to b honest. I lost my edge that day and so to compensate i tried to play safe. Thats y i was *****ing at myself during our match. I just couldn't get aggressive, i never sandbag though, i always try to do my best. I won't disappoint next time.

'm publishing part I right now: here it is toasty just for u
Toasty Vs GOnzo SOVA tourney

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
still <3 you anyway Mo...maybe I'm just mad you lost to DragonCharlz hahahahaha [I'm convinced his ROB isn't hella great or special or anything, though he's a very smart and careful player...it's a completely unspoken (and perhaps one-way?) rivalry as far as SoVa ROBs go] just messin though, I love DCz :)

But YOOO from what I heard you ***** at O-NO's in the crew battle after the tourney [or the next day?]?!?! you took out EVERYONE?!?! WTFUX MAN haha too good...Famous said you were on fire

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
still <3 you anyway Mo...maybe I'm just mad you lost to DragonCharlz hahahahaha [I'm convinced his ROB isn't hella great or special or anything, though he's a very smart and careful player...it's a completely unspoken (and perhaps one-way?) rivalry as far as SoVa ROBs go] just messin though, I love DCz :)

But YOOO from what I heard you ***** at O-NO's in the crew battle after the tourney [or the next day?]?!?! you took out EVERYONE?!?! WTFUX MAN haha too good...Famous said you were on fire
lol, if only i could play like that in tourney, something happens in crews, i feel the urge to prove myself and Kirby to the world. Plus i cant let my crew down, :p maybe i should pretend each tourney is a crew battle, next time my mind set will be NOVA vs SOVA and i'm the last crew member left. check the this vid its our match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za-ygHJ3J8E&feature=rec-fresh

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I still don't know what crews are :(

Probably because I have no friends and/or because nobody near me that plays smash.

(v ;. ; v)

^ THAT'S A SAD KIRBY GTFO

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Ur crew is the people u smash with regularly, in our case we did draft crews. U have two captains and each captain picks players. Then the drafted crew goes at it.

I was watching my matches, i squandered hard at SOVA my Kirby wanted to slap me afterwards

Tiersie

Smash Ace
perhaps I could clear out the definition of a crew battle. A crew battle is where two crews fight (ehh ya). But the battle system used is different from the battle system in a tournament. Say Player A and Player B are the first two players to go at it in the crew battle. Player A wins with 2 stock left and 180%. Now he has to fight the next person of the opposing crew. But instead of just going at it again Player A must start at 2 stocks. The percentage does not matter. Say Player C now wins over Player A with one stock and 50% left. Now he must fight the next player in the opposing clan but he must first suicide 2 times and start at one stock. This completely changes the flow of the battle. Since player C's motive is now not to win, but mostly just to get the other player down to as low stock as possible before dying. It gives crazy and cool situations. Crew battles are some of my favorites to watch.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
more rules of crew battles:
Captains are designated prior to battle for each crew. Captains decide [with or without their crew] who goes first. The first person to play, along with pre-determined character choices of each crew member, are written on a sheet and kept secret from the other crew(s) until everyone is ready to begin. Captains exchange sheets and aside from the first person, there is no order to who fights when. A match ends, and the captain whose team just lost that match chooses who to send in next. If the incoming player decides "hey, I want to counterpick a stage", then the winner of the previous round has the choice of changing characters while the new player has to stay the same character

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Thanks for the info.

Gonzo I just watched the match vs Whodat's Olimar...it was SO BORING, but I learned from it. He was really campy, waiting for you to approach, and shielding and punishing most of the time. I think a few inhale approached would have worked wonders. Good job edgehogging him though XD Olimar may be broken (imo) but get him offstage and he's dead.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
lol tru, i wasnt thinking very well at that tourney, i could have done a lot of things, and i remembered about olimar sucking when off the stage like halfway through the match :p

Top Bottom