• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ok, how about shadow Mario represent the game cube for possible (very) new gamers?
I doubt Sakurai and Nintendo will choose to represent a console which has come and past, but isn't yet retro, especially since Sunshine did get fair representation in Brawl, and now Sakurai will probably choose to represent Mario with Galaxy. Representing Sunshine with more stages or characters now seems redundant and wasteful, considering there are many unrepresented Mario games left.

No, Junior won't be added to represent a 'comparatively inferior game' as you say, but shadow Mario easily could. Also, as I've said, it's not a comparatively inferior game at all.
I meant Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario, but let me rephrase that, no Mario character will be added to represent the comparatively inferior game. No Mario character will be added to represent any single game (unless Geno somehow manages to get in, but he's in a different situation and another league than Shadow Mario). The Mario characters with decent/good chances (Bowser Jr (by himself), Toad, Paper Mario, and Waluigi) will be added for their contribution to the series in general through multiple games, because in a series as large as Mario, appearing in only one or two games does not equate having good chances for Smash, even as a possible Zelda/Sheik character.

And yes, Sunshine is comparatively inferior. Not to say it's a bad game, but critically and commercially it has done worse than every other console main Mario game since SMW, excluding NSMBWii (which did better commercially still).

And as for the "new" thing he could bring the the game (spawning generic enemies), Dedede already does that. Plus what Oasis said.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I doubt Sakurai and Nintendo will choose to represent a console which has come and past, but isn't yet retro, especially since Sunshine did get fair representation in Brawl, and now Sakurai will probably choose to represent Mario with Galaxy. Representing Sunshine with more stages or characters now seems redundant and wasteful, considering there are many unrepresented Mario games left.

I meant Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario, but let me rephrase that, no Mario character will be added to represent the comparatively inferior game. No Mario character will be added to represent any single game (unless Geno somehow manages to get in, but he's in a different situation and another league than Shadow Mario). The Mario characters with decent/good chances (Bowser Jr (by himself), Toad, Paper Mario, and Waluigi) will be added for their contribution to the series in general through multiple games, because in a series as large as Mario, appearing in only one or two games does not equate having good chances for Smash, even as a possible Zelda/Sheik character.

And yes, Sunshine is comparatively inferior. Not to say it's a bad game, but critically and commercially it has done worse than every other console main Mario game since SMW, excluding NSMBWii (which did better commercially still).

And as for the "new" thing he could bring the the game (spawning generic enemies), Dedede already does that. Plus what Oasis said.
Galaxy is fair enough and that's why people are saying Rosalina should get in. Back with the Comparatively inferior (mainly because I really can't argue with the above post, seriously, I can't) it introduced a proper story-line, and in the UK is pretty much in the top 3 mario games in a lot of polls in official and unofficial Nintendo magazines. I don't honestly know it's reception in the USA very well (I did a bit of research) but in the UK it is honestly loved. And smash bros. gets a LOT of sales in the UK, a lot.

Oasis, I'm just going to ignore you now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Galaxy is fair enough and that's why people are saying Rosalina should get in. Back with the Comparatively inferior (mainly because I really can't argue with the above post, seriously, I can't) it introduced a proper story-line, and in the UK is pretty much in the top 3 mario games in a lot of polls in official and unofficial Nintendo magazines. I don't honestly know it's reception in the USA very well (I did a bit of research) but in the UK it is honestly loved. And smash bros. gets a LOT of sales in the UK, a lot.

Oasis, I'm just going to ignore you now.
Yeah, Rosalina I feel was in the same situation as Shadow Mario for a bit, but now she's surpassed him with her four game appearances (2 in the main games) to his two (1 in the main games). Plus she honestly has more potential and alot more popularity, but right now she's still outclassed by the four I mentioned before. If she keeps her appearances up (even only in spin-offs) eventually she will probably reach the level of the others, which is something I can't say for Shadow Mario, whose sole purpose was to be a disguise in one game, and somehow still appeared in another, yet hasn't (and probably won't again) appeared since.

A quick search on metacritic will show that most of the major European gaming sites gave Sunshine a lower score than 64 and both Galaxys, and even your ONM placed Sunshine behind Galaxy 2, SMB, 64, SMW, SMB3, Galaxy, SMW2, SM3DL, SMB2, and NSMB on their top 100 Nintendo games list, in that order. Plus ONM placed it tenth on their best Gamecube game list, behind Paper Mario: TTYD, Double Dash, and Melee. I can't speak for unofficial polls and personal opinion, and Sunshine is still a fun game and a good game, but honestly it is comparatively inferior.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Oh, right... Anyway, aside from ONM a lot of the polls have them top 3 mario games. But 10th on the game cube list isn't so bad, especially with the like of Pikmin (2) and chibi robo around at the time. Anyway, to clear things up for you surrounding his appearance in toadstool tour, many think that shadow mario there was piantissimo the second, due to him discovering the paint-brush on Gelato beach in the final (in want of a better word) picture if you finish with 70 or less stars.

Anyway... I've been outspoken by N3on. Definately not Oasis who reverted to calling me names or something, I'm not sure what he ended up doing, seriously though, where is mudkipz, he feels the same way about shadow mario as I do..

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Don't cry, we're all nerds here.

I'd call mudkipz dumb too. He's why I made the first post I did anyhow.

Also I'm pretty sure N3ON would agree with me, since she tends to not be dumb.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@jigglover
Well Sunshine is definitely a better game than Chibi-Robo, I'll give you that. I doubt there are too many official lists with Chibi-Robo on their top ten.

And sorry if I came off harsh or stubborn (it sorta feels like I did :embarrass:) about Sunshine, but once you claimed it was favored in the UK compared to the reception in other regions, I wanted to find and post some evidence about that.

@Oasis
I do have to agree with you on this one, even though you think Isaac's a ground Pokemon and won't drop the fudge thing. :rolleyes::laugh:
And that's probably the closest I'll get to getting a compliment from you, so I'll take it. :awesome:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Actually Isaac is a lot like a ground pokemon, but that's for the Isaac thread...
Don't worry about being harsh, I don't think you were at all. Anyway... I think this thread is pretty much set on not having shadow Mario. I really wish he at least gets a trophy this time around though, since a taunt or even victory pose would be SSB4's Ganondorf sword.

D

Deleted member

Except you know, the sword being a true slap to the face considering Ganondorf's a semi-clone, while Shadow Mario is completely unecessary since Jr. can do whatever Shadow Mario can do since it's the paintbrush that gives him his power, not the disguise.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I feel the need to mention that Jr. would be better without the SM transformation, especially due to the fact that he was only used as a disguise ten years ago in a mediocre-reviewed Mario game that offers no special powers of his own.

I mean, even since then, he's used the Paintbrush in Spin offs without Shadow Mario. Actually, he uses the Paintbrush in more games without Shadow Mario than Shadow Mario is even in.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Why would you remove S.Mario from Bowser Jr., the whole point of Jr.'s Graffeti Staff was to introduce S.Mario, take both of those away...what do you have, a little talking turtle dragon, of course he's capable of a couple of other things, but What he's best known for outside of being Bowser's favorite son is his role as Shadow Mario w/ the Staff..

LONG LIVE THE PRINCE
Disagreed. Jr.'s Graffitti staff didn't turn him into Shadow Mario, that particular bib in the pic you linked is how he became Shadow Mario. He even transforms back to his normal self when he removes the bib after you defeat Mecha Bowser. He doesn't have that bib anymore in later games, but the brush still shows up in spinoffs. There's no need to take both of those away because one is already gone and the other is still being used.

And, based on recent games like NSMB DS, SMG 1, NSMB Wii and SMG 2 as well as the sales of those games, Bowser Jr. is best known for his gadgets, outside of being Bowser's favorite.

D

Deleted member

@Oasis_S:

Smash Congress.

Zoroark, Krystal, Bowser Jr., and Krom all staring at you with all in suits and carrying briefcases. The headline:

"FIGHT FOR VILLAINS, AFFIRMAIVE RIGHTS, AND REPLACEMENTS!"

jigglover

Smash Lord
Except you know, the sword being a true slap to the face considering Ganondorf's a semi-clone, while Shadow Mario is completely unecessary since Jr. can do whatever Shadow Mario can do since it's the paintbrush that gives him his power, not the disguise.
Shadow mario actually makes Junior a lot more agile, that's why he's always shadow mario in the chases, he also has a lot of move-set potential, since I doubt that junior will have any sunshine powers, except for my junior final smash earlier in the thread and a down+B that summons a polluted piranha plant (that would be awesome!)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Maybe not mainstream, but in the Mario Party 9 minigame, Zoom Room, Bowser Jr. runs faster than all the playable characters.

Maybe Bowser Jr. can rival Pikachu's running speed, while his walking speed can be tied with Toon Link's walking speed.

Now this obviously would mean that Bowser Jr. will have to be weaker in power, but keeping his physical strength at the average level should still be manageable, seeing as he isn't Fox fast by any means.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Shadow mario actually makes Junior a lot more agile, that's why he's always shadow mario in the chases, he also has a lot of move-set potential, since I doubt that junior will have any sunshine powers, except for my junior final smash earlier in the thread and a down+B that summons a polluted piranha plant (that would be awesome!)
He's Shadow Mario because he's trying to frame Mario... :awesome:

Yoshi

Smash Lord
I for one still wouldn't mind the Zelda/Shiek treatment with switching characters. But then again as mentioned by another, Shadow Mario only appeared in one half but maybe the first half. Either or, Bowser Jr. should be in the game.

final smash idea; Jr. jumps into the clown car and all the Koopa siblings jump out and attack all the players, kind of like Bedrill did in Smash 64!

:phone:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Okay! Time for me to post my moveset. It'll kinda be a combination of all the movesets I've seen and personally ideas.

Nuetral Special: Fireball
Pressing B starts him charging and after he has charged he will glow slightly. For each level of charging he is able to produce another fireball(max 3.) the next time the b button is pressed. If you quickly press b twice you will shoot one fireball. Each fireball does 8% damage so a fully charged shot will do 24% damage and a semi charged will do 16%. The fireballs move horizontally and are about the same size as Samus's uncharged charge shot. When used it has a slight lag but moves much faster and has more range than mario's fireball. You can dodge roll out of charging.

Side Special: Bill launcher
Bowser Jr. pulls out a personalized version of the bill blaster made into a rocket launcher. He shoots a single bullet bill that travels straight in the direction he's facing. The bullet bill act exactly like it did in the SSE. They have the same speed, health and atk strength and if hit and their health isn't completely depleated they will flinch but then continue on their trajectory. The one difference is that if reflected they don't go back to their normal flight direction and if reflected too many times or hits a wall it will explode. A hit from this does 15% damage and only 1 bb can be on screen at a time. Has the same lag as Snake's rocket launcher.

Down Special: Paint Trap
He pulls out his paintbrush and spins it in a circle as he drags it on the ground(cannot be used in the air). What is left is a puddle of paint 2 character lengths in size. The puddles stays for 5 seconds and you can have a maximum of 2 on screen at the same time. The puddles come out randomly in 3 colors.

Red- does fire damage to whoever steps on the puddle and last the entire 5 secs
Blue- shoots out a geisure to whoever steps on the puddle and shoots the opponent upward. This does 10% damage and has KO potential at high damage but the puddle will vanish after 1 use.
Green- traps the opponent in a guck that holds them for 2 seconds(excluding counter) in place. Opponents cannot use attacks while stuck.

Up Special: Koopa Clown Car
Junior pulls out the koopa clown car in a puff of smoke and rides it for 2 seconds and does a somersault out of it with the car vanishing in another smoke puff. He can ram opponents with it if they hit the front part of the car doing very minimal damage. Likewise opponents can destory his clown car it they attack it while in use.

Final smash: Airship Armada
Inb4

Feedback Please?

jigglover

Smash Lord
Bowser Jr's final smash, carrying on the sunshine theme, could in essence be what he does in the final fight. This could be depicted as a spoiler, so if you plan to get and finish the game, you might want to skip this. He could fire about 21 bullet bills out of his cannon (the blue homing ones) and they home in on each character. Each character starts with 7 bullet bills, homing in on them. The bullet bills are guarenteed KO's, for anyone above 40% If you get KO'd during the smash, then the bullet bills that were going for you, share themselves equallly between the other characters apart from bowser jr. The bullet bills last for 30 seconds, then they disappear. They can only be dodged at the start and end of a roll dodge, and can hit the characters mid-dodge, you can not jump over them or use an air dodge. If you are using a character with a counter attack (such as toad on Peach's), you may use it to destroy ONE bullet bill if it tries to attack you, but from there it renders the toad (etc.) useless. Tell me what you think of this final smashes.
I'm just quoting this post (by me) since I do want some feed-back about it.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr. would be such a great addition. Being another villain, and with his paint brush, he would have such an interesting and unique moveset!! My personal favorite mario newcomer, just seems like an obvious choice to me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's interesting, I wouldn't have suspected he would appear in Sticker Star. Also not that it probably matters, but this seems to be the first time (correct me if I'm wrong) that he's on a game's cover. Perhaps he plays a relatively large role in the game compared to some of his other appearances? Just speculation.

D

Deleted member

Wait, am I the only one who noticed that wierd non-paper money cat? It looks so out of place.

Top Bottom