• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Really Am I the only one wants him to use his paintbrush? :(
It's more that a mech is much more unique gimmick that we haven't seen in the game yet. The paintbrush is fairly unique, but it's stil effectively just a variation on a disjointed hitbox like a sword.

Mech-use has now overtaken the paintbrush as his main gimmick. He only had the brush in Sunshine and a few spinoffs, which were mostly from the GC era as well. The mech gimmick features in more games, which are also more recent and important to the series than spin-offs.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I grew up more with Bowser Jr then the Koopalings.

My childhood games were Sunshine and the Galaxies. Yeah, the Koopalings started appearing later again, but I was already so used to Bowser Jr that I barely cared for most of them.

Also, Bowser Jr's personality appeals to me more then the Koopalings' 1d ones. I like Wendy and Roy sure. I'd probably use them occasionally sure, but I'm still going to use Bowser Jr.

The Koopalings never entered in my mind until people started saying they liked them and how popular they were, so I was forced to remember there names. (Granted, I think I'm still a couple names wrong. I think Larry and Lemmy confuse me the most).

I'm excited for Bowser Jr. the most. Wendy is a bonus, but I don't care for the others. *Shrugs*
The Koopalings have personalities?
Lemmy and Iggy, sure, just basing it off their mannerisms and appearance, but the others don't really.
I go off the non-canon personalities from the cartoon, mostly. With some other random made up things that I've become too used to. :awesome:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Really Am I the only one wants him to use his paintbrush? :(
I mean, I like Sunshine, but eh.

Mechs are way cooler, and I love the idea of Jr as a technician more than some thief who stole a magic paintbrush.

Other than that, I actually love NSMB. The DS game is mediocre, but NSMBWii and NSMBU are my two favorite Mario games for bringing back the toybox level design that I loved about SMB1 and SMB3. The Clown Car boss fights are some of my favorites, so I'm partial to the thing.

Last edited:

harpuia190

Smash Ace
I grew up with the koopalings yet I still like Bowser Jr. better. I think he shines in his role, allowing bowser to hold the epic final boss role while bowser jr. gets all the cool toys, and to be frank the koopalings kinda steal too much from themselves, its hard to develop them all equally.

As for what he as been using, most sports games and sunshine gives him his paintbrush, while pretty much everything else (mainline games, and now paper mario and mario & luigi) gives him mechs.

At this point I think he is gonna end up using the paintbrush like Ganon uses his sword, in a taunt or a victory pose.

Im happy either way, he actually has a lot of potential no matter how you make him.

Also does anyone have an avatar version of the new "leaked" bowser jr. I need that in my life

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bowser Jr. better do some things his other mechs can do that aren't his clown car, like Megahammer and the Boomsday Machine from Super Mario Galaxy 2. Why not add in some more attachments to his Clown Car, Sakurai?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I have to say, at first, I wasn't exactly sold on the whole "Bowser Jr. fights with a Koopa Clown Car Jr. mech" idea, but earlier, someone recently made the assumption that Jr. would play like Tron Bonne in MvC 2 and 3, and it made me think, "Wow! That's actually not a bad idea! And it wouldn't make him a clone/semi-clone of his dad! Long story short, I'll Jr. in any way for this game that makes him unique!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I thought he'd be more like MODOK than Tron Bonne.

A bit of both maybe?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I thought he'd be more like MODOK than Tron Bonne.

A bit of both maybe?
M.O.D.O.K. actually makes the most sense since he's actually in a hovering mech and most of his attacks might be a mixture of short and long ranged projectiles with a hint of shields.

Croshi

Smash Rookie
Personally, I'd prefer that Jr. have colors that match the other Koopalings. For example, Larry and Lemmy. I think it makes more sense attack/hitbox/stats wise and also gives Jr. some interesting palettes.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
If this leak is true I'm totally pumped

I had forgotten about Bowser Jr, but the news that he may be in the clown copter instead of the paint brush... man that's just awesome! I can't wait to see how he plays

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Not sure how I feel about the clown car. That would probably give him a big advantage in terms of flying

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'd prefer that Jr. have colors that match the other Koopalings. For example, Larry and Lemmy. I think it makes more sense attack/hitbox/stats wise and also gives Jr. some interesting palettes.

Ooooorrr we could have the other Kooaplings themselves in the copters. No reason not to.

EDIT: Double posted without thinking. Please delete/Merge.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
M.O.D.O.K. actually makes the most sense since he's actually in a hovering mech and most of his attacks might be a mixture of short and long ranged projectiles with a hint of shields.
It depends. For example, if there are grappler characteristics it will be similar to Tron, but if there is an emphasis on zoning it will be similar to M.O.D.O.K. It might even be a weird combination of both.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Two things I would expect in his moveset:
1. Boxing gloves to do most of the A attacks (maybe a pincer for his grabs).
2. Junior throwing small fireballs for one of his specials.

Concerning the idea of him having to float all the time in the clown car. Maybe it will have wheels while on the ground and retract them when jumping/flying. I would explain why in the Ninka's leak its mentioned that Junior fights in a "mario kart".

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
Dropping by to proclaim my support for the Koopa Prince! I used to think he was a lame Koopaling replacement, until I played Mario Strikers Charged of all games and saw him for what he really was: Granted, he's an annoying brat at best, but he still has more personality than all the Koopalings combined! Plus, I kinda like him BECAUSE he's annoying :p Also, I'd imagine him to be like that in terms of moveset, too: an annoying prick, and that suits me just fine:smirk:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Awesome that we reached 100. :D Also, I really like those colors for Bowser Jr, Croshi! Especially the blue one.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Can't wait to main Wendy Koopa!

Imagine when you tell Roy(fire emblem) fans that Roy is playable in smash 4 and they cry and find out it's Roy Koopa lol

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't really think the thing about Koopaling alts is legit tbh.

10/10. Would ctrl+C/ctrl+V again.

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
I don't believe the leak, but Bowser Jr. has my support!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Not that it really matters, but we have reached 100 supporters for Bowser Jr., it took a little while, but were currently at the baby steps of reaching to 150!
Oh really? Well, congrats.

I actually reached it for mine like maybe 2 weeks ago. It's nice to see the last 2 mario related contenders to get that much support lately.

Because Jr, like I said multiple time, is worthy for a spot.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'll support the Koopa Prince. When I first saw that leak I wasn't too fond of the idea or Bowser Jr as a newcomer until I saw people mentioning him using the koopa car. I had no idea he had a koopa car with arms and boxing gloves, it looks awesome and the costume alts look even better. For a while I always wanted a character that fights in a mech so I supported Mother 2 Porky and Jill from Drill Dozer. Since there's still a chance for a mario newcomer and Waluigi got shot down (unfortunately :() I would love to have Bowser Jr. as a Tron Bonne/MODOK like fighter.

Also Ludwig von Koopa master race.

Last edited:

PiChuChu

Smash Cadet
Concerning the idea of him having to float all the time in the clown car. Maybe it will have wheels while on the ground and retract them when jumping/flying. I would explain why in the Ninka's leak its mentioned that Junior fights in a "mario kart".
This solves any doubts I had about Jr. in his Clown Car.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I really want Bowser jr in. First I thought that he would use his paintbrush, but a mech his way more awesome. Also, with koopalings costume, I will be able to play Doflamingo Roy.

Seltraeh22

Smash Journeyman
So I've been watchin the Simpsons marathon and playin some NSMB Wii lately and just realized how much Bowser Jr. sounds like Bart Simpson XD

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
My hypothetical Bowser Jr. trailer:

*SHING* *FWOOSH*
The trailer starts off with Dr. Luigi fighting an unknown opponent.
"What is this power?"
DR. LUIGI WAKES HIS PILLS!?
The screen pans over to a collapsed Dr. Mario, revealing the recent character leak to be false.
The dust settles, revealing the opponent to be none other than Ness, a long-time fan-favourite Smash veteran.
Dr. Luigi prepares to battle, and utters, "for my brother!" But Ness blocks Dr. Luigi's pill attack WITH HIS BASEBALL BAT HOLY **** SO COOL.
Dr. Luigi is about to lose, and Ness starts to charge an attack.
"PK..."
Suddenly fireballs fall from the sky, covering the battlefield with dust and stopping Ness's attack. Ness escapes the attack and looks up, revealing a shadowy figure in a flying teacup.
He jumps out and looks at Dr. Luigi. The shadowy substance covering him dissolves, revealing...
"You ruined my family vacation!"
BOWSER JR.
BRINGS THE PLUNDER!
The airship theme from Brawl starts to play.
"Bowser Jr!"
"Smash has many powerful foes, Dr. Luigi. But I am no ordinary Koopa!"
A montage of Bowser Jr.'s moves begins. "Cannons! Fireballs! Clown Car! And... paint balls!"
"Wow, you have so many weapons!"
"I can only use them so many times... Which is why I carry my paintbrush!"
"This is no time for me to stay in the operation room... I'll fight by your side!"
Short clip of Dr. Luigi follows, revealing him to be a near-identical clone of Luigi.
"Is that... the plumber king himself?"
"And the poltergust hero of legends! Worthy opponents indeed!"
They start to battle as the screen fades to black. The focus goes back to Dr. Mario, watching as the others fight.
"I guess I'll get my chance... another day..."
"NO, YOU'LL GET IT TODAY! DR. MARIO, ON MY MARK..."
Bowser Jr. and his old rival Dr. Mario gang up on an opponent for his Final Smash.
PS. Also play as the seven Koopalings!

Last edited:

PiChuChu

Smash Cadet
I really want Dr. Luigi as an alt costume...

Besides that, kudos for the trailer.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

*SHING* *FWOOSH*
"What is this power?"
The screen pans over to a collapsed Dr. Mario, revealing the recent character leak to be false.
The dust settles, revealing the opponent to be none other than Ness, a long-time Smash veteran and a fan favourite.
Dr. Luigi prepares to battle, and utters, "for my brother!" But Ness blocks Dr. Luigi's pill attack WITH HIS BASEBALL BAT HOLY **** SO COOL.
"PK..."
Suddenly fireballs fall from the sky, covering the battlefield with dust and stopping Ness's attack. Ness escapes the attack and looks up, revealing a shadowy figure in a flying teacup.
He jumps out and looks at Dr. Luigi. The shadowy substance covering him dissolves, revealing...
BOWSER JR.
BRINGS THE PLUNDER!
"Bowser Jr!"
A montage of Bowser Jr.'s moves begins. "Cannons! Fireballs! Clown Car! And... paint balls!"
"This is no time for me to stay in the operation room... I'll fight by your side!"
Short clip of Dr. Luigi follows, revealing him to be a near-identical clone of Luigi.
They start to battle as the screen fades to black. The focus goes back to Dr. Mario, watching as the others fight.
Bowser Jr. and his old rival Dr. Mario gang up on an opponent for his Final Smash.
This made my day.

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969

what I would give for this to be in Smash...

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936

*SHING* *FWOOSH*
"What is this power?"
The dust settles, revealing the opponent to be none other than Ness, a long-time fan-favourite Smash veteran.
"PK..."
BOWSER JR.
BRINGS THE PLUNDER!
"Bowser Jr!"
I haven't giggled this hard in a LONG time.

Top Bottom