• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I think Bowser Jr looks really cool, but can someone please explain to me what makes him look like a Diddy Kong clone? To me, he's clearly a completely unique character and obviously not grouped with the other clones.
A case of people equating characters having slightly similar moves to being full blown clones.

Kinda like how Little Mac is a Captain Falcon clone. Or something. Heard Rosalina is an Ice Climbers clone too.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm going to be honest with you guys. I HATED Bowser Jr. I always thought he was a dumb character and the sunshine paintbrush moveset really was a turn off for me.

However....OH BOY HOWEVER THAT SURE CHANGED! Bowser Jr.'s new moveset is so hype! Only Sakurai could think of a moveset entirely based in his Mini-Clown Copter.

Even though I'm still not a fan of the character himself, that's okay because I can just play one of the other Koopalings instead! My favorite is Iggy.

So overall I'm happy he is included.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm deeply concerned that Bowser Jr/Ron Weasley from Harry Potter shipping is apparently a thing that exists on Tumblr for really reals?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'm deeply concerned that Bowser Jr/Ron Weasley from Harry Potter shipping is apparently a thing that exists on Tumblr for really reals?
Go check that out and report back to us

I ain't going there.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Question: Have we ever seen Larry in the Koopa Clown Car alone? I know that they've all ridden in a big one together, but I've never seen them alone (other than SmashRiver64's avatar [Happy Birthday BTDubs!]). If not, then why would they put Larry in one if he wasn't playable?

I've got my fingers crossed for Lemmy. I've always thought that Bowser Jr. was a great choice and more likely than Rosalina, but then she appeared and I lost hope for him. Now that he's here with the possibility of Lemmy being usable too, I'm excited. Unfortunately, I don't know if he's main material, as I'm already backlogged with FE, KI, and Pokémon reps, but he'll definitely be one that I'll dabble with when playing for fun (especially if Lemmy's playable). However, my buddy wants to be a Bowser Jr. main, so I'll be seeing a lot of him regardless.

I love Bowser Jr. But if the koopalings are alternates, this would leave me in a bit of a dilemma, because I like Lemmy too. Not sure which one of them I like more xD But at least I now know what my mains will be. I had considered using my mains from previous Smash games, but it has constantly changed in each version. This means this will probably be the first game where I have 4 or 5 mains as opposed to only one or two, which I'm very happy about :3
Yes, another Lemmy fan! We were dominating this thread last I checked. Yeah, I'm so glad that I'm having that main problem too- I've gone from about 4 mains in Brawl to possibly 8 mains in this one... GAH!

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Question: Have we ever seen Larry in the Koopa Clown Car alone? I know that they've all ridden in a big one together, but I've never seen them alone (other than SmashRiver64's avatar [Happy Birthday BTDubs!]). If not, then why would they put Larry in one if he wasn't playable?
I've got my fingers crossed for Lemmy. I've always thought that Bowser Jr. was a great choice and more likely than Rosalina, but then she appeared and I lost hope for him. Now that he's here with the possibility of Lemmy being usable too, I'm excited. Unfortunately, I don't know if he's main material, as I'm already backlogged with FE, KI, and Pokémon reps, but he'll definitely be one that I'll dabble with when playing for fun (especially if Lemmy's playable). However, my buddy wants to be a Bowser Jr. main, so I'll be seeing a lot of him regardless.

Yes, another Lemmy fan! We were dominating this thread last I checked. Yeah, I'm so glad that I'm having that main problem too- I've gone from about 4 mains in Brawl to possibly 8 mains in this one... GAH!
The closest thing is Iggy riding a floating car pulled by a Chain Chomp, but Lemmy hasn't done such thing in the NSMB games at least iirc.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
It's a thing, Tumblr ships everything and anything. They don't care about anyone else but themselves. Some might say they're worse than 4Chan... -LIGHTNING STRIKES- But that last part is just a rumor.

Anyways, Bowser Jr. is in, congratulations to everyone in this thread. It's pretty much GG for you guys.

johno1995

Smash Cadet
So yeah. I was bored. :nervous: And no, I didn't really pay attention to which moves were which or if I missed any that were confirmed in the leak. Was just having a bit of fun. :chuckle:

Bowser Jr.

Specials
  • Neutral -- Play Ball!
    • Bowser Jr. fires a cannonball from the Koopa Clown Car, dealing damage to anyone hit. This move can be charged, allowing Bowser Jr. to fire a cannonball with further range but less damage. The closer you are to your opponents, the more damage you deal them. There is a small chance that the cannonball can actually be a fireball that deals more damage than the usual cannonball, and an even smaller chance that it will be a paintball. The paintball deals less damage, but slows opponents down with the sticky paint.

• Side -- Extend-o-arms
    • The Koopa Clown Car's boxing glove arms extend out in the direction pressed, much like in his World 7 boss battle in New Super Mario Bros. U. This chargeable attack grabs any opponents in their path, pulling them back toward the Clown Car. The Clown Car pummels the grabbed opponent with its propellors, sending them flying. However, much like the extend-o-arms in Mario Bros. U, items can get caught in the arms, bringing them back to Bowser Jr. if snatched. However, if the arm goes over an item such as, say, a Bob-omb, the Bob-omb walks on the extend-o-arm -- right back to the cockpit, exploding and sending Bowser Jr. flying. The extend-o-arms can also be attacked by opponents who are careful enough to dodge it, so use it wisely.

• Up -- Junior Ejector
    • Bowser Jr. ejects himself from the Koopa Clown Car, which disappears in a puff of smoke. He does a somersault in mid-air. As he free falls back down toward the stage, the Clown Car reappears and catches him. This move deals no damage at all and serves as an excellent - if not risky - recovery move.

• Down -- Payload Drop
    • Bowser Jr. drops his payload of weaponry, releasing either a Bob-omb or a Mechakoopa that roams the stage and deals damage to foes who encounter them or end up in their path. Like in Super Mario Galaxy, the Mechakoopas will breathe fire in a flamethrower attack that has about half of the range of Bowser's, but more damage. Bob-ombs will function much like the ones that appear on-stage, though Bowser Jr. can have up to two of these minions dropped from the Koopa Car on stage at a time.
~

Standards
  • Ground Moves
    • Fsmash -- The Koopa Clown Car fires a missile in a forward direction. Great knockback, be careful not to do this too close though as you may deal damage to yourself on accident.
    • Usmash -- The Koopa Clown Car's boxing gloves punch down into the ground, sending the Clown Car upward.
    • Dsmash -- A break dance-like move where the boxing gloves grab the ground and the Clown Car spins around, with Junior extending his arms like he's dancing inside the cockpit.
    • Jab -- A three-part jab with the Clown Car's boxing gloves.
    • Dash Attack -- The Clown Car does a "barrel roll", turning into a ball-like shape, catching anyone in it deals electrical damage.

• Aerials
    • Nair -- The Clown Car spins, much like Sonic's Nair, anyone caught is dealt electrical damage.
    • Fair -- The Clown Car propels itself in a forward motion, Bowser Jr. extends his claws forward, anyone caught in it is dealt decent damage with minor knockback.
    • Bair -- The Clown Car propels itself in a backward motion, Bowser Jr. reaches his paintbrush behind his back, anyone caught in it is dealt minor damage with decent knocback.
    • Uair -- Spins vertically, the Clown Car's propellers and Bowser Jr.'s paintbrush propeller are both used to catch opponents above and below.
    • Dair -- The boxing cloves extend downward on both sides, providing good knockback.
    • Grab aerial -- The extend-o-arms work as tether recovery, reaching out much like Lucas's Rope Snake. Deals no damage, but assists with the speed of Junior's aerial attacks.

• Tilts
    • Ftilt -- The Koopa Clown Car sticks its tongue out and spins it around in a swirling motion. Little knockback.
    • Utilt -- Bowser Jr. lifts up his paintbrush and swings it around in a circular motion, catching any character in it is like a propeller that sends them upward. Great knockback.
    • Dtilt -- The Clown Car aims its propeller downward, the attack provides little knockback.

• Throws (with the boxing glove hands, of course!)
    • Fthrow -- Junior tosses a Bob-omb in the grabbed opponent's face, points & laughs as they are sent flying. "HAHA!"
    • Bthrow -- Careless backward toss.
    • Uthrow -- Just tosses the character over his head then swings his paintbrush up, if they are hit, they are launched further.
    • Dthrow -- The Clown Car throws the opponent down while Junior smears them with paintbrush paint.
~

Final Smash

Junior's Airship Armada: Bowser Junior leaps out of the Clown Car, which disappears in a puff of smoke. He whips out his Magic Paintbrush and covers the area around him in paint, slowing down nearby enemies. Meanwhile, it seems like Junior's rhythmic waves of his paintbrush are conducting an airship assault!

Hellfire is rained on the stage by Boom Boom and Pom Pom and other Koopa minions. Anyone in Junior's vicinity is slowed down by the paint from his brush, causing them to be easy targets from Junior's minions' attacks! This lasts for a few seconds, leaving Junior completely invulnerable during this period. Then, the airship attack ends and Junior gets back in his Clown Car per usual.
~

Miscellaneous
  • Entrance -- Bowser Jr. floats onto the stage on the Koopa Clown Car. He fist pumps the air. "Allllright!"

• Idle poses

1. Junior does an armpit fart and giggles, amused. The Clown Car, however, looks irked by his childishness.
    2. Bowser Jr. looks directly at the screen, sticks a finger up his nostril and blows a raspberry. He accidentally sneezes out fire and shakes his hand to fan away the tiny flame. "Yeeeeowch!" Then he giggles. "Hue hue..."
    3. Junior gives an exaggerated yawn and stretches out his arms. The Clown Car mimics his actions. "Booorrrrr-ing!"

• Taunts

1. Up -- Bowser Jr. rocks out inside the Clown Car, "headbanging" his little ponytail back and forth as if he were jamming to a good rock tune. The Car shows off its boxing gloves arms, moving them in an up-and-down motion as if it were dancing. When Junior's done headbanging, he spins around in a dizzy daze. "Whoooooa!"
    2. Side -- The Clown Car and Junior both stick out their tongues, then Junior gives a little chuckle and crosses his arms. "Yeeaaahhh!"
    3. Down -- Bowser Jr. looks directly at the screen, pulling his bandana up over his face and giving a not very menacing growl. "Grrrr~" The Clown Car gives an anime "nervous sweatdrop" expression to acknowledge that it doesn't think Junior's very scary either.

• Victory Poses

1. Up Taunt button -- "The winner is..." Junior leaps out of the Clown Car, extending his limbs in the air with a cheery cry. He lands on his feet and fist bumps the Clown Car's punching glove hands. The screen freeze-frames here, announcing "BOWSER JR." as the winner.
    2. Down Taunt button -- "The winner is..." Bowser Jr. sits outside of the tuckered-out Clown Car, tinkering with it, his back to the screen, oblivious to his win. Junior turns around and gives a goofy grin, having figured out that he won the match - he ends up accidentally zapping himself comically by not paying attention to what he was doing, showing off his x-ray. After this, Junior's blackened and charred. He gives a cough, then a little grin and a thumb's up while the Clown Car gives an apologetic smile as the announcer says "...BOWSER JR.".
    3. Side Taunt button -- "The winner is..." The Clown Car, with Junior inside, swoops on screen. Junior jams to the victory theme with the Magic Paintbrush like a guitar while the Clown Car's boxing glove hands "air guitar". Freeze frame on these two rocking out as "BOWSER JR." is announced.

• Victory Theme -- Bowser Jr. Battle -- Paper Mario: Sticker Star

• Defeat -- Junior lies on his back, sobbing -- waving his arms and kicking his legs in the air -- while the Clown Car sits at his side looking sad for the remainder of the animation.
So I made this moveset, but I'm wondering if the Koopalings are in whether or not they'll all get their own taunts/victory/defeat poses. Those seem to be made to characterize the cast, it'd be weird if all 8 of the Koopa kids had the same ones, wouldn't it? Maybe the Koopalings are summoned in Clown Cars for Junior's Final Smash? It's all very fuzzy, but I'm excited to see how the Koopalings fit in. :)

A good thing is if Junior manages to use his Paintbrush at any point, they can just make the Koopalings use their magic wands instead.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
While I've never really been excited at the idea of Bowser Jr. being playable in Smash before, I have to say that I love what they did for him in this game. The Koopa Clown Car is an ingenious concept that I never would have thought of, giving him all sorts of attacks and moves that I don't think anyone else could replicate. And also, I'm very excited to get the chance to play as the Koopalings, because I loved them in both Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World (if I had to choose one, it would be Roy).

splat

Smash Lord
I can't be the only one who think this should be his final smash, right? It just fits so well with his mechanical theme!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So who wanted to be added?

1. Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
2. BluePikmin11
3. Brawler610
4. Mr. KoopaTurtle
5. Arcadenik
6. smashkirby
7. Ryan.
8. Seltraeh22
9. Cheezey Bites
10. Toxicroaker
11. Thereallucario
12. Prince17
13. egaddmario
14. dimensionsword64
15. BKupa666
16. Hyper_Ridley
17. AIM0001
18. R.O.B.
19. Venus of the Desert Bloom
20. bombers14
21. @HBC | J
22. Frostwraith
23. ItsSilverLPs
24. Jhonnykiller45
25. D-didara
26. jigglover
27. Rockaphin
28. Keybladeguy
29. VictoryIsMudkips
30. BirthNote
31. Yoshi
32. SmashShadow
33. Ember Reaper
34. Giant Breadbug
35. MagnesD3
36. Swampasaur
37. Cool Daddy Booty Funk
38. 3Bismyname
39. goldglover5
40. bananija
41. FalKoopa
42. Ridles the Space Pirate
43. Vintage Creep
44. Komenja
45. Banjodorf
46. TumblrFamous
47. Michael Blaine
48. SpaceJell0
49. thethirdkoopa
50. aldelero5
51. APC99
52. SuperBrawler
53. Welshy91
54. Guybrush20X6
55. Alban712
56. grizby2
57. EddyBearr
58. No Control
59. Shorts
60. Xcsmmc
61. OctiVick
62. andimidna
63. Cpt.
64. harpuia190
65. RyanR
66. Thekewlusername
67. Lazurwolf
68. domriver
69. The smash nerd
70. Daviddreamcatcha
71. The Drilling Juggernaut
72. mini pancakes
73. GunGunw
74. PlasmaPuffball
75. xLemmy_Koopax
76. Saltwater Gem
77. Lucimar
78. Dragoncharystary
79. Sebz
80. jacobjeb
81. Arthreeteseven
82. WeirdChillFever
83. TORNADO BUS DRIVER
84. SS-Bros. 14
85. Reila
86. tacofaaf
87. Hmmmm
88. Dre.
89. RaccoonBL
90. AnoA
91. PiChuChu
92. Gooper Blooper
93. johno1995
94. Pikablu Pikachu
95. Zhu Qiuo
96. smashingDoug
97. SmilingMad
98. tomvoxx
99. Elite Gaymer
100. The Flying Brick
101. 08skidoosh80
102. Afrodude
103. MooseSmuggler
104. Ryugi
105. LunarDistortion
106. Jave
107. Bradley Wartooth
108. johno1995
109. splat
110. Lizardon
111. KankerSore
112. Fire Tactician
113. Kokopops
114. BanjoK&Mariobros
115. Spinosaurus
116. Zzuxon
117. T-Hell
118. Dragoncharystary
119. shrooby
120. Koji Boon
121. GlitchyFireEmblem
122. jaeohjae
123. SpikedShell
124. obeymalleo
125. TTTTTsd
126. Young Horsetail
127. DrRiceboy
128. Rosalina
129. CrusherMania1592
130. UberMadman
131. kylexv
132. Nintendotard

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

1. Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
2. BluePikmin11
3. Brawler610
4. Mr. KoopaTurtle
5. Arcadenik
6. smashkirby
7. Ryan.
8. Seltraeh22
9. Cheezey Bites
10. Toxicroaker
11. Thereallucario
12. Prince17
13. egaddmario
14. dimensionsword64
15. BKupa666
16. Hyper_Ridley
17. AIM0001
18. R.O.B.
20. bombers14
21. @HBC | J
22. Frostwraith
23. ItsSilverLPs
24. Jhonnykiller45
25. D-didara
26. jigglover
27. Rockaphin
28. Keybladeguy
29. VictoryIsMudkips
30. BirthNote
31. Yoshi
32. SmashShadow
33. Ember Reaper
34. Giant Breadbug
35. MagnesD3
36. Swampasaur
38. 3Bismyname
39. goldglover5
40. bananinja
41. FalKoopa
42. N3ON
43. Vintage Creep
44. Komenja
45. Banjodorf
46. TumblrFamous
47. Michael Blaine
48. SpaceJell0
49. thethirdkoopa
50. aldelero5
51. APC99
52. SuperBrawler
53. Welshy91
54. Guybrush20X6
55. Alban712
56. grizby2
57. EddyBearr
58. No Control
59. Shorts
60. Xcsmmc
61. OctiVick
62. andimidna
63. Cpt.
64. harpuia190
65. RyanR
66. Thekewlusername
67. Lazurwolf
68. domriver
69. The smash nerd
70. Daviddreamcatcha
72. mini pancakes
73. GunGunw
74. PlasmaPuffball
75. xLemmy_Koopax
76. Saltwater Gem
77. Lucimar
78. Dragoncharystary
79. Sebz
80. jacobjeb
81. Arthreeteseven
82. WeirdChillFever
83. TORNADO BUS DRIVER
84. SS-Bros. 14
85. Reila
86. tacofaaf
87. Hmmmm
88. Dre.
89. RaccoonBL
90. AnoA
91. PiChuChu
92. Gooper Blooper
93. johno1995
94. Pikablu Pikachu
95. Zhu Qiuo
96. smashingDoug
97. SmilingMad
98. tomvoxx
99. Elite Gaymer
100. The Flying Brick
101. 08skidoosh80
102. Afrodude
103. MooseSmuggler
104. Ryugi
105. LunarDistortion
106. Jave
107. Bradley Wartooth
108. johno1995[/spoiler]

You can add me.

Last edited:

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Add me to the supporter list.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

1. Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
2. BluePikmin11
3. Brawler610
4. Mr. KoopaTurtle
5. Arcadenik
6. smashkirby
7. Ryan.
8. Seltraeh22
9. Cheezey Bites
10. Toxicroaker
11. Thereallucario
12. Prince17
13. egaddmario
14. dimensionsword64
15. BKupa666
16. Hyper_Ridley
17. AIM0001
18. R.O.B.
20. bombers14
21. @HBC | J
22. Frostwraith
23. ItsSilverLPs
24. Jhonnykiller45
25. D-didara
26. jigglover
27. Rockaphin
28. Keybladeguy
29. VictoryIsMudkips
30. BirthNote
31. Yoshi
32. SmashShadow
33. Ember Reaper
34. Giant Breadbug
35. MagnesD3
36. Swampasaur
38. 3Bismyname
39. goldglover5
40. bananinja
41. FalKoopa
42. N3ON
43. Vintage Creep
44. Komenja
45. Banjodorf
46. TumblrFamous
47. Michael Blaine
48. SpaceJell0
49. thethirdkoopa
50. aldelero5
51. APC99
52. SuperBrawler
53. Welshy91
54. Guybrush20X6
55. Alban712
56. grizby2
57. EddyBearr
58. No Control
59. Shorts
60. Xcsmmc
61. OctiVick
62. andimidna
63. Cpt.
64. harpuia190
65. RyanR
66. Thekewlusername
67. Lazurwolf
68. domriver
69. The smash nerd
70. Daviddreamcatcha
72. mini pancakes
73. GunGunw
74. PlasmaPuffball
75. xLemmy_Koopax
76. Saltwater Gem
77. Lucimar
78. Dragoncharystary
79. Sebz
80. jacobjeb
81. Arthreeteseven
82. WeirdChillFever
83. TORNADO BUS DRIVER
84. SS-Bros. 14
85. Reila
86. tacofaaf
87. Hmmmm
88. Dre.
89. RaccoonBL
90. AnoA
91. PiChuChu
92. Gooper Blooper
93. johno1995
94. Pikablu Pikachu
95. Zhu Qiuo
96. smashingDoug
97. SmilingMad
98. tomvoxx
99. Elite Gaymer
100. The Flying Brick
101. 08skidoosh80
102. Afrodude
103. MooseSmuggler
104. Ryugi
105. LunarDistortion
106. Jave
107. Bradley Wartooth
108. johno1995

If that's a supporter list, add me on. If it's a main one, then I'm going to have to sadly decline.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yeah add me

He's seriously my favorite out of EVERY newcomer.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I never thought I'd say this but...
I support Jr.!

T-Hell

Smash Lord

1. Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
2. BluePikmin11
3. Brawler610
4. Mr. KoopaTurtle
5. Arcadenik
6. smashkirby
7. Ryan.
8. Seltraeh22
9. Cheezey Bites
10. Toxicroaker
11. Thereallucario
12. Prince17
13. egaddmario
14. dimensionsword64
15. BKupa666
16. Hyper_Ridley
17. AIM0001
18. R.O.B.
20. bombers14
21. @HBC | J
22. Frostwraith
23. ItsSilverLPs
24. Jhonnykiller45
25. D-didara
26. jigglover
27. Rockaphin
28. Keybladeguy
29. VictoryIsMudkips
30. BirthNote
31. Yoshi
32. SmashShadow
33. Ember Reaper
34. Giant Breadbug
35. MagnesD3
36. Swampasaur
38. 3Bismyname
39. goldglover5
40. bananinja
41. FalKoopa
42. N3ON
43. Vintage Creep
44. Komenja
45. Banjodorf
46. TumblrFamous
47. Michael Blaine
48. SpaceJell0
49. thethirdkoopa
50. aldelero5
51. APC99
52. SuperBrawler
53. Welshy91
54. Guybrush20X6
55. Alban712
56. grizby2
57. EddyBearr
58. No Control
59. Shorts
60. Xcsmmc
61. OctiVick
62. andimidna
63. Cpt.
64. harpuia190
65. RyanR
66. Thekewlusername
67. Lazurwolf
68. domriver
69. The smash nerd
70. Daviddreamcatcha
72. mini pancakes
73. GunGunw
74. PlasmaPuffball
75. xLemmy_Koopax
76. Saltwater Gem
77. Lucimar
78. Dragoncharystary
79. Sebz
80. jacobjeb
81. Arthreeteseven
82. WeirdChillFever
83. TORNADO BUS DRIVER
84. SS-Bros. 14
85. Reila
86. tacofaaf
87. Hmmmm
88. Dre.
89. RaccoonBL
90. AnoA
91. PiChuChu
92. Gooper Blooper
93. johno1995
94. Pikablu Pikachu
95. Zhu Qiuo
96. smashingDoug
97. SmilingMad
98. tomvoxx
99. Elite Gaymer
100. The Flying Brick
101. 08skidoosh80
102. Afrodude
103. MooseSmuggler
104. Ryugi
105. LunarDistortion
106. Jave
107. Bradley Wartooth
108. johno1995
109. splat
110. Lizardon
111. KankerSore
112. Fire Tactician
113. Kokopops
114. BanjoK&Mariobros

Add me, I'm pretty glad about Bowsy's (apparent) inclusion.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
...I fail to see how the paintbrush would've been that much different from a staff/sword. And I'm not going to say "We have too much of that" because playstyles can all be different, but there's much more canon surrounding him using vehicles and mechs.

See, I think people are attached to the paintbrush because it was their first introduction to the character. But in the NSMB games, Galaxy games and even Sticker Star, he uses the clown car, and mechakoopas, and bombs, etc.

This moveset is much more closely related to current Bowser Jr. (and more unique to Smash) than the paintbrush is/would've been.

Besides, I expect it'll show up somewhere as a bit of fanservice.
It would complete the trifecta of Egadd's machines. (F.L.U.D.D. Poltergust Painbrush.) So I hope it's there.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Yes lots of new supporters!

I can't wait till we get more details about his move-set. Even though I wanted him to use his paintbrush and on foot, he looks like such a unique character, and also the first mech fighter.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

1. Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
2. BluePikmin11
3. Brawler610
4. Mr. KoopaTurtle
5. Arcadenik
6. smashkirby
7. Ryan.
8. Seltraeh22
9. Cheezey Bites
10. Toxicroaker
11. Thereallucario
12. Prince17
13. egaddmario
14. dimensionsword64
15. BKupa666
16. Hyper_Ridley
17. AIM0001
18. R.O.B.
20. bombers14
21. @HBC | J
22. Frostwraith
23. ItsSilverLPs
24. Jhonnykiller45
25. D-didara
26. jigglover
27. Rockaphin
28. Keybladeguy
29. VictoryIsMudkips
30. BirthNote
31. Yoshi
32. SmashShadow
33. Ember Reaper
34. Giant Breadbug
35. MagnesD3
36. Swampasaur
38. 3Bismyname
39. goldglover5
40. bananinja
41. FalKoopa
42. N3ON
43. Vintage Creep
44. Komenja
45. Banjodorf
46. TumblrFamous
47. Michael Blaine
48. SpaceJell0
49. thethirdkoopa
50. aldelero5
51. APC99
52. SuperBrawler
53. Welshy91
54. Guybrush20X6
55. Alban712
56. grizby2
57. EddyBearr
58. No Control
59. Shorts
60. Xcsmmc
61. OctiVick
62. andimidna
63. Cpt.
64. harpuia190
65. RyanR
66. Thekewlusername
67. Lazurwolf
68. domriver
69. The smash nerd
70. Daviddreamcatcha
72. mini pancakes
73. GunGunw
74. PlasmaPuffball
75. xLemmy_Koopax
76. Saltwater Gem
77. Lucimar
78. Dragoncharystary
79. Sebz
80. jacobjeb
81. Arthreeteseven
82. WeirdChillFever
83. TORNADO BUS DRIVER
84. SS-Bros. 14
85. Reila
86. tacofaaf
87. Hmmmm
88. Dre.
89. RaccoonBL
90. AnoA
91. PiChuChu
92. Gooper Blooper
93. johno1995
94. Pikablu Pikachu
95. Zhu Qiuo
96. smashingDoug
97. SmilingMad
98. tomvoxx
99. Elite Gaymer
100. The Flying Brick
101. 08skidoosh80
102. Afrodude
103. MooseSmuggler
104. Ryugi
105. LunarDistortion
106. Jave
107. Bradley Wartooth
108. johno1995
109. splat
110. Lizardon
111. KankerSore
112. Fire Tactician
113. Kokopops
114. BanjoK&Mariobros
115. Spinosaurus
116. Zzuxon
117. T-Hell
118. Dragoncharystary

You made a mistake, it's bananija, not bananinja. (It's funny because initially I wanted to be called bananinja but I forgot the 'n' and since that my username became bananija:chuckle:)

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I like the fact that we'll get to play as Bowser Jr. but I'll hate to have the koopalings as his costumes, they're ****.
I'm also very happy he doesn't use the paintbrush, it's kind of the reason I wanted Rosalina before him, (praise Sora Ltd.) but now they're both there thus all the important Mario characters are in Smash and that is hype.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

1. Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
2. BluePikmin11
3. Brawler610
4. Mr. KoopaTurtle
5. Arcadenik
6. smashkirby
7. Ryan.
8. Seltraeh22
9. Cheezey Bites
10. Toxicroaker
11. Thereallucario
12. Prince17
13. egaddmario
14. dimensionsword64
15. BKupa666
16. Hyper_Ridley
17. AIM0001
18. R.O.B.
20. bombers14
21. @HBC | J
22. Frostwraith
23. ItsSilverLPs
24. Jhonnykiller45
25. D-didara
26. jigglover
27. Rockaphin
28. Keybladeguy
29. VictoryIsMudkips
30. BirthNote
31. Yoshi
32. SmashShadow
33. Ember Reaper
34. Giant Breadbug
35. MagnesD3
36. Swampasaur
38. 3Bismyname
39. goldglover5
40. bananinja
41. FalKoopa
42. N3ON
43. Vintage Creep
44. Komenja
45. Banjodorf
46. TumblrFamous
47. Michael Blaine
48. SpaceJell0
49. thethirdkoopa
50. aldelero5
51. APC99
52. SuperBrawler
53. Welshy91
54. Guybrush20X6
55. Alban712
56. grizby2
57. EddyBearr
58. No Control
59. Shorts
60. Xcsmmc
61. OctiVick
62. andimidna
63. Cpt.
64. harpuia190
65. RyanR
66. Thekewlusername
67. Lazurwolf
68. domriver
69. The smash nerd
70. Daviddreamcatcha
72. mini pancakes
73. GunGunw
74. PlasmaPuffball
75. xLemmy_Koopax
76. Saltwater Gem
77. Lucimar
78. Dragoncharystary
79. Sebz
80. jacobjeb
81. Arthreeteseven
82. WeirdChillFever
83. TORNADO BUS DRIVER
84. SS-Bros. 14
85. Reila
86. tacofaaf
87. Hmmmm
88. Dre.
89. RaccoonBL
90. AnoA
91. PiChuChu
92. Gooper Blooper
93. johno1995
94. Pikablu Pikachu
95. Zhu Qiuo
96. smashingDoug
97. SmilingMad
98. tomvoxx
99. Elite Gaymer
100. The Flying Brick
101. 08skidoosh80
102. Afrodude
103. MooseSmuggler
104. Ryugi
105. LunarDistortion
106. Jave
107. Bradley Wartooth
108. johno1995
109. splat
110. Lizardon
111. KankerSore
112. Fire Tactician
113. Kokopops
114. BanjoK&Mariobros
115. Spinosaurus
116. Zzuxon
117. T-Hell
118. Dragoncharystary
Ah, I didn't know you were putting this together.
I suppose I want to be on it as well! As much is makes me look like a bandwagoner

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
So, is the rumor that Bowser Jr will have all the Koopalings as alternate costumes true?

I'd totally go for Lemmy
The rumor coincides with the fact that we've seen a trophy of Larry in Koopa Clown Car (he's never been in one alone) and the fact that an earlier "leak" named all of the confirmed characters, including Jr's playstyle and Koopaling alts.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
I'd like to be added to the support list... I didn't post here prior to the leak but I had always wanted him in. Was really sad he wasn't in Mario Kart.

Tresangor

Smash Rookie
Since Brawl I've always wanted Bowser Jr and Midna, but when she was confirmed as an assist trophy and Rosalina was revealed I lost hope for Junior.
You wouldn't believe how I happy I was when I saw him haha.

I have a new main!

Congrats supporters!

This almost made me forget about the cuts....ALMOST

harpuia190

Smash Ace

1. Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
2. BluePikmin11
3. Brawler610
4. Mr. KoopaTurtle
5. Arcadenik
6. smashkirby
7. Ryan.
8. Seltraeh22
9. Cheezey Bites
10. Toxicroaker
11. Thereallucario
12. Prince17
13. egaddmario
14. dimensionsword64
15. BKupa666
16. Hyper_Ridley
17. AIM0001
18. R.O.B.
20. bombers14
21. @HBC | J
22. Frostwraith
23. ItsSilverLPs
24. Jhonnykiller45
25. D-didara
26. jigglover
27. Rockaphin
28. Keybladeguy
29. VictoryIsMudkips
30. BirthNote
31. Yoshi
32. SmashShadow
33. Ember Reaper
34. Giant Breadbug
35. MagnesD3
36. Swampasaur
38. 3Bismyname
39. goldglover5
40. bananija
41. FalKoopa
42. N3ON
43. Vintage Creep
44. Komenja
45. Banjodorf
46. TumblrFamous
47. Michael Blaine
48. SpaceJell0
49. thethirdkoopa
50. aldelero5
51. APC99
52. SuperBrawler
53. Welshy91
54. Guybrush20X6
55. Alban712
56. grizby2
57. EddyBearr
58. No Control
59. Shorts
60. Xcsmmc
61. OctiVick
62. andimidna
63. Cpt.
64. harpuia190
65. RyanR
66. Thekewlusername
67. Lazurwolf
68. domriver
69. The smash nerd
70. Daviddreamcatcha
72. mini pancakes
73. GunGunw
74. PlasmaPuffball
75. xLemmy_Koopax
76. Saltwater Gem
77. Lucimar
78. Dragoncharystary
79. Sebz
80. jacobjeb
81. Arthreeteseven
82. WeirdChillFever
83. TORNADO BUS DRIVER
84. SS-Bros. 14
85. Reila
86. tacofaaf
87. Hmmmm
88. Dre.
89. RaccoonBL
90. AnoA
91. PiChuChu
92. Gooper Blooper
93. johno1995
94. Pikablu Pikachu
95. Zhu Qiuo
96. smashingDoug
97. SmilingMad
98. tomvoxx
99. Elite Gaymer
100. The Flying Brick
101. 08skidoosh80
102. Afrodude
103. MooseSmuggler
104. Ryugi
105. LunarDistortion
106. Jave
107. Bradley Wartooth
108. johno1995
109. splat
110. Lizardon
111. KankerSore
112. Fire Tactician
113. Kokopops
114. BanjoK&Mariobros
115. Spinosaurus
116. Zzuxon
117. T-Hell
118. Dragoncharystary
119. shrooby

Have I not been added? If not I so want in.

also yeah just noticed he still does use his paintbrush. Would that transfer over to the other koopalings? I kinda hope not cause if the paintbrush stops being a bowser jr thing...

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
So apparently nobody is mad that Bowser Jr is just a skin. Hmph.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Haha bandwagoners are welcome anyway.
No, see, that's the funny thing. I kinda am and kinda not.
Bowser Jr. was one of my most wanted a while ago (like, 2012-ish), but I eventually drifted out of it.
Preferably, I wanted both him and Toad. But I kinda moved on from Junior and just focused on Toad... who proceeded to crash and burn fairly early... and then Rosalina.
So it's more like I'm getting back on the bandwagon after getting off a long time ago. :p
It does feel good to think he'll be a reality in the end. I've remembered why I loved the little guy.

Top Bottom