• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legacy - SSB64 Combo Video

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
Well, after dozens of hours in front of the computer watching youtube nonstop, and researching in smash forums, i here present to you, a Super Smash Bros. 64 Combo video that shows the best SSB has to offer, uniting players all over the world, made EXCLUSIVELY with console matches and all of them can be found in youtube if you know where and how to look...

Directed by RiTH and edited by Gnk

Feat 21 players in several country's :

Isai, Ballin4life and SheerMadness (USA)

SuPeRbOoMfAn and Zenyore (Canada)

Alancitu and Latios (Peru)

Cabelo, RiTH, Gnk, DreN (Brazil)

Tambor (Chile)

Maltfox and Morgen (Sweden)

Takamitsu, Amasawa, Sima, Jiima, Jousuke, Prince and Moyashi (Japan)

I hope everybody enjoy:

The Legacy - SSB64 Combo Video

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
You stuffed up the URL, I click your link but it doesn't take me anywhere. And I don't know your youtube channel.

This is like, the ultimate troll post ever.

EDIT: Checked out Video thread and see you have posted it there, ALL GOOD.

Comments: Amazing video, cut I wasn't included as one of the best players in the world =P.

Best production quality video I have seen since Australian Made Smash Hits - nice work.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
nice vid

where did u find the zenyore console matches? i dont see any on his channel

Battlecow

Play to Win
Maltfox and Morgen play on emulator, not console.

Also they're TAS

I have serious questions about some of the combos here.

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman
I enjoyed the music. I didn't expect to see a combo by Latios since he just uploaded a couple of vids in his account. Anyway that was a nice job.

Battlecow

Play to Win
All three of those Swedish smashers are fictional characters. The matches in question are TAS's created by that sneaky ******* Antdgar. Evidence: Only ant ever "met" them, only one of them ever talked, they had no interest in the community at large and no contact with the outside world but still did teleport Usmashes with fox and stuff like that, they played on emulator, not on console, but they never wanted to play online or to meet up with people and play offline, they never DI'd except to do ledge DI, so the combos were ridonculous, and ant ran away when asked if the allegations of foul play were true. Plus just the way they play is weird and unnatural.

We had this whole discussion in the swedish video thread not too long ago. I can't remember what the final consensus was, but quite a few people took the view expressed above, and the rest acknowledged that they were at least not DI'ing so that they could have more epoch combosss.

Plus even "Swebits" said that they were playing on emu.

As for the combos I have questions about, take the first one- basic as hell weegee uairs->upB. Also Gnk's ness shield break at 2:45 is nothing special, nor is the uair-dair thing afterwards. Dren's uair-Usmash thing with mario is suuuuuuper basic, and Gnk's 4:05 nair-nair-dair is something decent ness's do every day. There's absolutely nothing worth noting in Sheer's shieldbreak at 5:14; that's an everyday thing. The DK fthrow-fair-edgehog at 7:18 isn't worth including either.

Overall it's a good vid, well put together, but the combos in it could have been picked a lot better. That being said, there were a couple of gems- Latios' stuff, and a couple of the Brazilian ones- that I'd never seen before.

HellxBound

Smash Cadet
I agree with BCow, some awesome stuff but also a lot of stuff that i see regularly... like the plat drop combo with DK, five uairs to an usmash, nothing special.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
wow,those things you said about maltfox and morgen are really new to me... make sense but i really hope it not true ...
about those combos... man, i can guarantee to you that i spend more time in front of youtube looking for ssb64 than anybody else ever did... amasawa dont have many more combos,he's almost not recorded ... ness videos too.. there's not a lot o ness players and 99% of them are VERY overated,try to find better combos and send the link,i dare you... dk almost dont have anything,anywere.. i really liked the shieldbreak by sheer,i though was really fast and then a clean kill.. the fist one by takamitsu i admit that was pretty basic,but i kinda wanted takamitsu in the video and there's almost nothing nice recorded with luigi by anyone,at least no abusing drill there's not.. thrust me,there's almost none combo in this video that could go out,if you don agree send me links of better combos and we will decide,remembering that things with drill are easy and basic and things like that..
man,i watched all the vids in all the channels that i could find,of players that are not even good to find something cool and different,i really doubt i miss a lot.. but feel free to find

TANK64

Smash Lord
I definitely liked the vid a lot overall, but have to agree there was a mix of really bamf epic combos, and not so extraordinary combos, but a good char display all around.

Also yea, Maltfox's crew is definitely emulator TAS. :/ But you didn't know so it's understandable.

and holy ****. Brazil *****!

8/10 because I'm in a clip =D (getting killed -_____-)

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
But what is the motive for TASing such videos, and by TAS quality those matches would be quite poor.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
There's absolutely nothing worth noting in Sheer's shieldbreak at 5:14; that's an everyday thing.
i really liked the shieldbreak by sheer,i though was really fast and then a clean kill..
Uh ... I'm pretty sure the shield break in question was by me ... also the best part was that within 20 seconds I broke his shield again for the last kill :)

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
i loved that shieldbreak because the tornado was coming and you where kinda running from it

SSBPete

Smash Lord
pretty decent video overall, unfortunatelly it included some really basic stuff. also ive seen A LOT of combos on youtube far better that you couldve included, like sima's fair chains to dair across dreamland with ness and a lot more japanese combos in general.
as maltfox and morgen, i still believe they are real players, since they make human errors but shouldve been left out anyway since it was strickly console.
alancitu is still my favorite and i loved the clips of him.

DMoogle

A$
I'm deeply sad in reading this thins about maltfox and morgen.. not kidding
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240832&highlight=swebits

Cliffnotes: There's no proof that shows that the matches are TASed, and very weak evidence, IMO. The matches are definitely played on an emulator, though.

Pretty good compilation of combos, although I agree there was some "meh" stuff mixed in with the awesome stuff. Check out some of Superboomfan's DK matches, I'm pretty sure there's some sick stuff in there (mentioning him in particular because the combos you posted of his were kind of... weak, but he's definitely an extremely good player).

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
Pete the Sima combo was in there ... also that one is not much nicer than any other ness fair chain

Also who is latios?
latios is an extremely unknown peruan player,but VERY skilled,watch his matches in youtube...

guys,i really watched more videos than you can imagine,i had like 20 folders in my pc with matches from every decent player with good moments,and filter into this,i meant the best, sorry if you disliked..

TANK64

Smash Lord
I'll just say I wish they would show up IRL at Genesis2 or IRL ever and prove me and lots of others wrong, but I know that will never happen.

Anyways, I don't want to spam Rith's thread with Maltfox negativity. Back to the video- I really liked the music, and the tornado escaping shield break death was legit

and <3 Atlancitu.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Good vid!

Concerning the maltfox thing, we still don't know. As it was said, they make a lot of mistakes for TAS. Plus you all know how long it is to make TAS and they have so many matches (I know antd had a lot of experience and stuff but still). As someone once said: "only dum people say they're tas". Maybe they are, but we'll never know lol.

Olikus

Smash Champion
The biggest reason that it not would be TAS, is that it would take an incredible long amount of time. But Andtgar was very active for like 3-4 years ago, so maybe he used the last years just on making TAS matches. :p It was allso a little bit weird that they were swedish, but never answered or seemed to understand the swedish that poeple talked to them on youtube, or here on smashboards. Which was allot.

Allso a question regarding a combo. Look on the first maltfox mario combo. On 1.44. Looks like he teleport or something? It could be a initial dash but it lookes weird. Anyone knows what he did there? I think someone mentioned it on swebits youtube channel or something allso.

And great video overall, many good combos but luigi, DK and Ness in particular could be better imo.

Dsc

Smash Ace
this morgen and maltfox tas thing was debated months ago...with everyone fully disagreeing with me and hating on me for thinking such great players are fake.
and oh my farking god ciaza, the whole purpose of the matches being tas'd is so they can make people think that their very decent in comboing. if you would try and do the same thing, would you TAS a match to the point of ULTIMATE CANCELS and super inhuman stuff like that? no, because itd obviously be too obvious to us viewers that they're faking. they (alot of people think its antd), deliberately add human errors to trick us into thinking they are humanly played matches.
THEY'RE SUPER FAKE

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Make us think WHO are very decent in comboing? If they are fake, why does AntD want us praising the crap out of them? Yeah they can do super cool stuff, and that might make us think they are good players, but none of that praise is going towards AntD is it? Still not seeing a motive. Or evidence. Only an opportunity has been shown possible, but without a motive or opportunity this is all pointless discussion.

Dsc

Smash Ace
It's not pointless because we really need to come to a conclusion to find out if they're bull****ters or not because people might be praising them for the wrong reasons. and have you ever heard of favours? or friends? who do those type of things for eachother? antd has already shown his talent with his youtube videos. now he just wants to make his friends look good.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
It's pointless because no side has the proper evidence to solidify their theory. However we can use Occham's razor to assume that they aren't TAS'd.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
i've been thinking and they probably are not TAS... maltfox just do REALLY difficult stuff with mario,with other chars he's just a little above average... also yoshi and ness videos of morgen would be WAY better....
i mean..watch the [falcon wars] if they were TAS i thing would happen something original but the comboing is pretty normal..
they are probably just sweden guys who dont leave their country and dont intend to, and hate the online lag like so many others (me included)... also, i know some players EXTREMELY skilled and expedients that never visit the boards, for example, i stayed last night playing a friend,he in one night could have done a VERY good combo video just with the scenes if they have been captured ..

Battlecow

Play to Win
Antdgar has "met" and praised them. A lot. But they seem downright unwilling to meet anyone else. They're from sweden, but don't speak swedish. They hate online, but only play on emulator. Obviously it would be a poor quality TAS, but that's because (A) he doesn't want to spend more time than necessary and (B) he wants them to be believable. And no one figures out how to fox teleport-Usmash without some kind of community and yet somehow magically manages to not figure out even the rudiments of DI. I'm sorry, but there it is. Their playstyles are kind of weird too if you watch- like the one video where morgen's DK runs across DL and gets whacked (malva pointed it out). That's not the kind of error a good human player would make.

They don't need to come to genesis, they just need to play someone other than Antdgar.

Occam's razor points to TAS, because that's the simplest explanation that fits the facts. The idea that they're normal players doesn't fit the facts, and the idea that they're secret smash-monks who've figured out how to play in such an idiosyncratic way and are all afraid of any kind of social interaction and illiterate in their native tongue but possessed of Antdgarish english is pretty complex.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Does your friend know how to teleport usmash with Fox (without having learned about it from the internet)?

Also you have a MUCH bigger community than 3 people it seems, plus you guys are on the internet.

Now I don't actually think that those matches are TAS but it does seem weird that someone could discover pretty much all the techniques independently of the internet.

Also they really suck at getting out of combos lol.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
Does your friend know how to teleport usmash with Fox (without having learned about it from the internet)?

Also you have a MUCH bigger community than 3 people it seems, plus you guys are on the internet.

Now I don't actually think that those matches are TAS but it does seem weird that someone could discover pretty much all the techniques independently of the internet.

Also they really suck at getting out of combos lol.
he does every single technique in the game including teleport upsmash with more fluency then anyone i've ever seen , i didn't said these people can learn those things without internet,but they can without the smashboards, in youtube there's everything you need to know, and in the Brazilian forum for example there's a lot of people that visit smashboards but dont even have a account,i imagine in Sweden maybe there's something like this too.. (our tournaments have usually 30~40 entrants,so the competitive scenario here is VERY serious)
really...i think if they are TAS antdgar really is a genius with a patience from the gods, remember that time that we ask for they play with some characters and they did in the next day,i mean,he probably spend hours doing those matches , its really strange they dont speaking english and just one show up here being the same owner of the youtube account...some videos are almost 3 years old, its the most epic troll ever if its true (i hope not)

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I'm quite certain the know how to DI. I remember in one video a Yoshi was Utilting and I'm pretty sure the opponent was DIing back into the Utilts. I remember because I asked why he was getting Utilted so many times and aa pointed out why.

I believe why they don't DI more often is because they play for fun. It sounds weird but speaking from experience I hardly ever DI because
stealing from Battlecow
(A) it breaks my joystick and (B) my opponent obviously finds it easier to combo me and I'm fine with that if it's not serious matches. (also (C) I'm too goddamn lazy to DI).

Looking at their playstyle habits such as running across the stage, I would pin that on being so inbred at Smash, for lack of a better term, that they haven't rectified every single bad habit. Another I could name is they suck at being spontaneous and aware of which way they tech roll. A Mario uair tech chasing a DK comes to mind. A thought occurred to me now that both these quirks are Morgen's. Antd must of planned quite far ahead to develop whole personalty for his players.

What I can't explain is teleport upsmash. But hey, the initial discoverer of the technique obviously didn't use the internet to help him out, it's possible the Swedes discovered it on their own (but I admit it's far-fetched.)

BUT ANYWAY. As you said battlecow, all they need to do is play somoene other than Antd.

Sangoku

Smash Master
+1 concerning the DI thing (I'm also too lazy to DI).

Just some facts:
- they are not at all taking part of the swedish smash scene (so they can't have learned from that).
- a swedish player who plays online says he knows someone who know them (lol).

And who said they didn't learn thing on the internet? As rith said, they could have watched youtube vids of tele usmash.

Top Bottom