• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Smashman said:
This game will PWN Wind Waker so hard. I can smell it.

However, Superman 64 is still the best game ever!
What a great post. You contributed so much to the Light House and this topic. Majin Link, you too.

Cyris_P

Smash Journeyman
I may not be gay, but Link is still the sexiest man alive. If this game doesn't come out soon then I'm gonna start eating a kitten a day until Nintendo pushes the release forward.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Haha, too many times, Mediocre.

And since there's a new Smash Bros. coming out (well, not for awhile, but still), I have to say "OMFG, do you think she might get the Sword in the new Smash Bros.?"

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
So,
Would that be the Mistress Sword, then? (Y'know, I just realized how that is probably going to be taken, so I thought I should clarify that I meant 'mistress' as the opposite of 'master') Personally, I wouldn't want Zelda to be too playable, cause who are you going to rescue then? Tingle? Malon? The Windmill guy? I'm sorry, but there is no way on God's green earth that I am going to buy a game called The Legend of Tingle.
Seriously though, it brings up a good point that you really save Hyrule about as often as you save Zelda, so a more accurate title would be The Legend of Hyrule, but I'm not thinking we're in for a title change anytime soon.

This is a bit off topic, but it is interesting to note that games seem to be shifting away from the 'hero rescues girl' mentality in video games. Which is sad, because I always enjoyed that aspect of it, even when roles were reversed. It really makes it more personal, because there's more at stake than just saving the world (or destroying it, as the case may be), because you want to survive in it. In such cases, you are as much protecting yourself as you are anyone else who happens to inhabit the world. It makes the protagonist more understandable, because there is something personal at stake. Kingdom Hearts is a good example of what I'm talking about. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong. But it just strikes me as interesting.

On a side note, (no offense to all noobs out there, who haven't learned the ropes yet) but I really wish there was some sort of filter for the senseless "thIs game will 0wn" posts. Maybe saying this makes me a hypocrit, because I'm not always on topic either, but it just annoys me. Not because they are off topic, but because they are incoherent or just plain redundant, repeating what has already been said. I guess its not really a big deal, I should just grin and bear it like everyone else.

Have a good one.

Andy

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The rAt said:
So,
Personally, I wouldn't want Zelda to be too playable, cause who are you going to rescue then?
Hyrule?

IF Zelda was playable, they wouldn't go and change the whole series name. IT was still Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask despite her only being in 1 cutscene.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Not to mention Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, which had nothing to do with Zelda OR Hyrule (Zelda was technically in the game, but only in the first minute because Link mistook Marin for Zelda).

If Zelda IS playable, she better be able to use that sword well, instead of just carrying it for decoration.

Creature_85

Smash Lord
I doubt she is playable, I think the only game in which Link wasn't the only playable character was MM, for the Kafei sidequest.

She probably doesn't do much fighting either. Remember she is trapped in the twilight realm so if she removes her cloak she'll turn into an animal or something.

I wonder if the moon pearl will make a comeback in this game.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Zeldaa was less "Princessy" in WW, even helping with the fight against Gannon. Perhaps this could be the Zelda who gives birth to Tetras mother?
*Accidently starts timeline disc again*

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
on a side note: you guys hadn't seen that picture before now? It was in EGM about 3 months ago.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Osco316 said:
But Mediocre is so wonderfully amazingly cool that he can go onto a message board about video games and say he doesn't care about video games.
Well, I'm not going to deny my wonderful amazing coolness.

My interest in video games, however, is mostly limited to playing them, rather than researching them.

Sorry if that bothers you.

oni_link

Smash Journeyman
This isnt official at all but the reserve box at eb said that they would have it on the 2nd of November.

HeroOfTime

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's most likely just a filler date so they can get in some preorders. The official date is probably going to be closer to mid-november. Think the 15th. ;)

Edit: Actually, with the recent talkings of the 360 being released on the 4th of november, I think that Nintendo would want Zelda out before that. So the 2nd makes sense, really.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
It's going to be on a Monday. Nintendo always releases their games on Monday whereas all the other companies do Tuesdays.

Creature_85

Smash Lord
The cloak she wears has been rumored to have magical abilities that prevent the adverse effects of the Twilight Realm, much like the Moon Pearl from Lttp. I don't know if this is confirmed.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ah, interesting concept. It DOES have the 'Truth' symbol on it. Ya know, Lens of Truth, and it was also on Sheik's outfit, too.

I'm hoping that Nintendo reveals some more details at the Tokyo Gameshow a month from now. I'm itching to see more locations from the game. Though, I suppose what I REALLY want is for them to reveal more on the Revolution.

Geez, there's all these gaming stores that are already letting you pre-order this game, and they all have different release dates, but all of them are in the first week of November...weird...

raziel_mw

Smash Apprentice
ya that is probably right about the cloak.

the reveloutions back vault looks sweet as well...although u have to pay to download the games from it ....:(

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Destiny Smasher said:
Ah, interesting concept. It DOES have the 'Truth' symbol on it. Ya know, Lens of Truth, and it was also on Sheik's outfit, too.

I'm hoping that Nintendo reveals some more details at the Tokyo Gameshow a month from now. I'm itching to see more locations from the game. Though, I suppose what I REALLY want is for them to reveal more on the Revolution.

Geez, there's all these gaming stores that are already letting you pre-order this game, and they all have different release dates, but all of them are in the first week of November...weird...
It won't be at TGS, sorry. Iwata is only giving a speech at TGS, they aren't showcasing any games. It's going to be at Europe's equivalent of E3 though, which is August 18th-21st... which is quite a bit sooner than TGS anyways.

Also, isn't the "truth" symbol the Sheikah symbol?

HeroOfTime

BRoomer
BRoomer
I went over to the Nintendo World store today, and I pre-ordered TP [again] and got this cool t-shirt. I think it's the one they were giving out at E305 or something. It's awesome. :D

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Smashman, I've told you before. Don't make posts like that. You say nearly the same thing every time.

This game will PWN Wind Waker so hard. I can smell it.

However, Superman 64 is still the best game ever!

raziel_mw

Smash Apprentice
ya it is supposed to be better.....but i don't no if will be better than orcarina of time though....it was my fav of all time i wonder if it will hold it position?....

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I don't know. Ocarina of Time is gonna be a tough game to beat. It's currently tied for my favorite game of all time with Super Mario RPG. Even though the graphics are much better on Twilight Princess, I don't know how it's gonna pass Ocarina. Ocarina just had something amazing that very few other games I've played have.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
OoT amazed me when it came out simply because it was original. The controls were original. It took Zelda and put it in 3-D and kept the Zelda feel to it. (OoT was the first Zelda game that I have ever played. After that I got Link's Awakening DX and it was like a 2-D version of OoT to me). I am a Zelda fanboy at heart. It, along with Pokemon, got me into video games and kept me there.
On the Twilight Princess note, I'm not going to say where it's gonna stand in my "best games of all time" list simply because I don't know enough about it. Okay, I know that there's horse combat, a Gale Boomarang, and Link's a Farmer in the beginning (among other things). It's just to early for me to judge. But I preordered it anyway :) . :link: <= You've come a long way...

Top Bottom