• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
That's only assuming the wait is that long though. While I do think we'll be waiting a little longer than usual, TGAs is awfully close to the deadline.

We'll see though. We just got Kazuya, so we've got some time before F11 regardless.
I mean, Byleth just barely cut it at the end of January of 2020. I'm aware it's not guranteed, but should be something to contemplate if September comes and goes without a fighter reveal.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
For now, November is my best guess. Between Piranha Plant and Byleth, it seems like these releases come out nearly one month before their deadline. COVID-19 could've changed things, but given how the past five characters have still came out at relatively normal times, I'd say we're still on track to receive F11 close to the intended date they were projecting.

If we don't get anything before Thanksgiving, that's when I'd start looking to TGAs.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
There's one other possible explanation for if Fighter #11 takes longer than the 3-3 1/2 month gap we've had for most of FP2 so far. If #11 is a recent first party like Corrin and Byleth were, there's a chance they might've wanted to wait as long as possible before committing to someone so they'd have as many finished or nearly-finished games to pull from as they could get. Especially with the pandemic causing so many delays.

Though in practice I don't know what options it would've opened up with all the stuff that's been pushed back to late 2021/early 2022, but I could see them choosing to do it as a precaution.

And that's if we end up waiting longer than usual at all. Who knows, maybe we'll get the reveal in the autumn Direct after all. Maybe Sakurai just wanted to settle down anyone expecting something before September.

For now, November is my best guess. Between Piranha Plant and Byleth, it seems like these releases come out nearly one month before their deadline. COVID-19 could've changed things, but given how the past five characters have still came out at relatively normal times, I'd say we're still on track to receive F11 close to the intended date they were projecting.

If we don't get anything before Thanksgiving, that's when I'd start looking to TGAs.
I'm guessing an October release, myself. But yeah, I don't buy the TGA talk. Over-relies on assuming they'd want to create as much hype as possible when we don't know if that's actually what they want (especially when past Smash reveal cycles have always wound things down as they ended).

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
whens that again? im not sure how accurate the AC version is
Thanksgiving is November 25th, so close to the end of November.

Sadly, there's not a whole lot of clarity on how long the wait for F11 will be, so for now, it's hard to tell whether or not this character has any complications at all. Kazuya launched around the same time as Min Min last year, so if we make it all the way through September without a reveal, I think we'll have the grounds for assuming a complicated moveset or recent game is what's holding the character up.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
I'm the camp of FP11 going one of two ways, either it's revealed in mid Fall and Ultimate ends anticlimactically or they are intentionally make us wait until late November/December just so that Sakurai can surprise us with something extra to end his magnum opus with a bang (like a free Echo fighter's pass containing characters like BotW Zelda, Octoling, etc.).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm the camp of FP11 going one of two ways, either it's revealed in mid Fall and Ultimate ends anticlimactically or they are intentionally make us wait until late November/December just so that Sakurai can surprise us with something extra to end his magnum opus with a bang (like a free Echo fighter's pass containing characters like BotW Zelda, Octoling, etc.).
magnum opus might be a little generous

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I can't believe it's been almost a month since Kazuya's reveal, feels like forever ago.

Also kinda funny that the only update about pokemon we've had till now is seconds of BDSP gameplay, where it looks significantly better even without direct feed.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Geez the Pokemon social media accounts have taken a dive. Although that’s probably a local thing I imagine for others it’s business as usual

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
that foot ball thing. i dont get why pokemon would care i dont get why anyone would care any time a video game series goes on about a sport it really confuses me
Galar Pokemon League inspired by football, Pokemon is highest grossing franchise in the world, England aka Galar was playing (and it doesn't matter how much one may despise Football, it's huge for millions). Other than that I don't know what to tell you cause I'm like "whatever" and move on. I rarely if ever check Twitter and other social media like it.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Galar Pokemon League inspired by football, Pokemon is highest grossing franchise in the world, England aka Galar was playing (and it doesn't matter how much one may despise Football, it's huge for millions). Other than that I don't know what to tell you cause I'm like "whatever" and move on. I rarely if ever check Twitter and other social media like it.
i just need to vent my confusion. even all the references in gen 8 something still seems off about it. but youre right i should just move

although i am scottish so i may have to remind england they lost

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I highly doubt this will happen, but I'll entertain the idea since there's talk of the last character taking a bit longer.

What if the last DLC character takes longer than usual because it's a Gen 8 Pokémon who comes bundled with all new Pokéball Pokémon? Could you see this happening? Does this really seem like it'd be enough to cause a huge delay?

Staarih

Smash Master
I highly doubt this will happen, but I'll entertain the idea since there's talk of the last character taking a bit longer.

What if the last DLC character takes longer than usual because it's a Gen 8 Pokémon who comes bundled with all new Pokéball Pokémon? Could you see this happening? Does this really seem like it'd be enough to cause a huge delay?
I'm still hesitant to say the last character will actually take any longer until shown otherwise, but I'd love to see some new Pokeball Pokemon. I kinda doubt it'll happen though, not sure why Pokemon would get that type of privilege other than being, well, Pokemon.
This made me sad we didn't get Assist Trophies along some of the DLC characters.

But now that I think of it, I feel a Pokemon could take the last slot regardless. We've seen multiple occasions of slots reserved for "a Pokemon" and having one for last would offer a bit more time to figure out who to include.

Also, regarding news about BDSP and Legends, I think I saw Serebii/Joe bring up a point about GameFreak maybe timing the "reveals" more around their actual project (Legends) rather than BDSP, which is why the news may start rolling later than usual as Legends comes out in Jan.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

possibly. i suppose programming it to appear and not appear on certain stages would take sometime and giving it something to do would take longer than making a background character.

i dont think they would do it though

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Looking at the post count now, it's actually impressive how long we've been able to keep this going for. Anyone up for reaching 3,000 before all is said and done?

I wouldn't bet much on it. We haven't seen free content updates to that extent happen with any DLC yet, and I don't think we can count on it now.

If Fighter #11 takes longer to come out than the previous ones, extra content probably isn't why. Either it's a notably complicated newcomer or (more likely) development on them started later on than their usual process.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
It may be safe to assume that many will jump ship to Nick all-star Brawl after smash ultimate speculation is over. Mainly for potential dlc since the game has promise to not be bad (also the fact that it'll have roll-back net code while smash doesn't is sad yet hilarious).

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It may be safe to assume that many will jump ship to Nick all-star Brawl after smash ultimate speculation is over. Mainly for potential dlc since the game has promise to not be bad (also the fact that it'll have roll-back net code while smash doesn't is sad yet hilarious).
I imagine it won’t last

zacian

Smash Apprentice
Gonna start my Dora propaganda soon

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
In a way, NASB might take some of the pressure off the discourse for Fighter #11. The people who've only followed along looking for something to hype over and demand each reveal be more of a bombshell than the last have something else to focus on now. Maybe there's a chance that a lower key pick will be accepted more quickly by those who stick around? Wishful thinking, but hey.

And the people who say they'll jump ship to NASB if Fighter #11 isn't a jaw dropper would've stopped caring about Smash anyway once DLC ended even if there wasn't another platform fighter around.

I got reminded of how big Eternatus is.

View attachment 322963

I wish Eternatus got more love over the course of SwSh's life. It'd be nice if they could at least give it more merch, like a plush or something.
Yeah, it's kind of weird how much the 'mon that is basically Gen 8's big bad has been downplayed. Is there a particular reason, I wonder?

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Probably just isn't marketable idk. It placed in the top 20 for Galarian Pokemon during the Pokemon Day poll above Grookey so make of thaf what yoh will. Tbh I'm just kinda saddened that Wailord isn't the largest Pokemon anymore.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
In a way, NASB might take some of the pressure off the discourse for Fighter #11. The people who've only followed along looking for something to hype over and demand each reveal be more of a bombshell than the last have something else to focus on now. Maybe there's a chance that a lower key pick will be accepted more quickly by those who stick around? Wishful thinking, but hey.

And the people who say they'll jump ship to NASB if Fighter #11 isn't a jaw dropper would've stopped caring about Smash anyway once DLC ended even if there wasn't another platform fighter around.

Yeah, it's kind of weird how much the 'mon that is basically Gen 8's big bad has been downplayed. Is there a particular reason, I wonder?
Nowhere near as iconic as Ultra Necrozma I feel: you get plenty help in the fight (including the legendary doggos who basically carry most of the fight), you actually catch Eternatus right away, it's a monstrous alien design-wise, there's barely any build-up to it's debut.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Nowhere near as iconic as Ultra Necrozma I feel: you get plenty help in the fight (including the legendary doggos who basically carry most of the fight), you actually catch Eternatus right away, it's a monstrous alien design-wise, there's barely any build-up to it's debut.
The build-up was definitely there. Sonia's side plot and a bit of Rose's builds this narrative that there's some extremely dangerous and powerful force that almost destroyed Galar before Zacian and Zamazenta stopped it. A force that could also solve Galar's energy crisis for seemingly forever.

I don't know. Personally, I don't think Eternatus has strayed too far from the likes of Zygarde and Necrozma at this point in its life. It's debatable whether it's been treated better or worse, but I don't think any of the three have stuck. All of the Gen 6 Legendaries/Mythicals have struggled to find a foothold in the fandom compared to others before them (Gen 3 and 5 more specifically). Zygarde was lucky enough to recieve a decent arc in the anime, but it wasn't so lucky in the games. Necrozma isn't very popular among fans (ranked 27 within its Gen in the Pokémon of the Year poll), which is probably why TPC has taken such a liking to Zeraora, their most popular Gen 7 Pokémon among Legendaries/Mythicals/Beasts. I feel like Necrozma has the advantage of being the face for USUM, something that Zygarde and Eternatus lack. Aside from that though, it hasn't been utilized very often for promotional purposes.

Maybe there's an unseen love for Eternatus than we're unaware of and we just haven't seen TPC take action yet. I have my doubts, though I'd love to be wrong.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
The build-up was definitely there. Sonia's side plot and a bit of Rose's builds this narrative that there's some extremely dangerous and powerful force that almost destroyed Galar before Zacian and Zamazenta stopped it. A force that could also solve Galar's energy crisis for seemingly forever.

I don't know. Personally, I don't think Eternatus has strayed too far from the likes of Zygarde and Necrozma at this point in its life. It's debatable whether it's been treated better or worse, but I don't think any of the three have stuck. All of the Gen 6 Legendaries/Mythicals have struggled to find a foothold in the fandom compared to others before them (Gen 3 and 5 more specifically). Zygarde was lucky enough to recieve a decent arc in the anime, but it wasn't so lucky in the games. Necrozma isn't very popular among fans (ranked 27 within its Gen in the Pokémon of the Year poll), which is probably why TPC has taken such a liking to Zeraora, their most popular Gen 7 Pokémon among Legendaries/Mythicals/Beasts. I feel like Necrozma has the advantage of being the face for USUM, something that Zygarde and Eternatus lack. Aside from that though, it hasn't been utilized very often for promotional purposes.

Maybe there's an unseen love for Eternatus than we're unaware of and we just haven't seen TPC take action yet. I have my doubts, though I'd love to be wrong.
I'm surprised how low Cosmog ranks. Nebby was such a fan-favourite character in Sun Moon or at least that's how I remember it. Cosmog is my own personal favourite Pokemon period :D. Well it is sort of funny how things play out because Zeraora ends up somewhere in my least favourite Pokemon list so I feel mildly disgruntled when a mythical that, as usual, is just handed to the players with no lore or anything gets strong promotion lol. I shouldn't be surprised though, the most popular Pokemon of the newer games usually fall into the anthropomorphic style of designs.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

I really love Necrozma too. It's design is amazing.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky

It doesn't help that we can't get Ultra Necrozma in SwSh.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Has anyone tried Pokemon Unite?
It's pretty fun. Don't know if it'll become the uber popular game TPC wants it to become, but we'll see.

Zamazenta’s coming to masters along side Hop
View attachment 324250
Surprised they didn't go with Wooloo considering how much Hop obsesses over it. Since Zacian was given to Gloria though, Zamazenta would've been given to Hop in the games. Aside from Victor, Hop was the only other character who could've been given one of the Legendaries.

Top Bottom