• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Lets talk about stuff so the Sonic boards aren't dead all the time" Thread.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
WOW.

It is GREAT! You know? JUST GREAT!

FAAAAANTASTIC. WONDERFUL. AMAZING!

It's so hard to describe how FAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC IT IS!

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I use it pretty rarely actually... I dunno, it just seems more natural to go for a shield grab in any situation where an u-tilt would work.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I usually use it after one or two dtilts, but I also pop it out every now and then when approached from above the level.

Sometimes I surprise myself at just how strong that the uptilt is.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
It's great to use when characters are on the platforms in battlefield. I think this is a better kO then the "up smash" ... just lacking the hyphen ability. I encourage every sonic user to make use of this move... combo and kill potential are both great.

Browny

Smash Hater
hmmm slightly more on topic

uptilt is great but it bugs me that i rarely remember to use it. i use upsmash a lot since its not a kill move so diminishing knockback isnt a problem for me, and i always forget about uptilt. everytime it comes out it works better than upsmash and i wonder why i didnt use it before >_> years and years of playing melee with tap jump on means i rarely used uptilts.

using uptilt on the top platform on battlefield is awesome... i think ill have to do some investigating to see which stages uptilt can kill early on (like corneria for example)

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Hm, that's if both kicks land though right?

And anyways, I really have a problem with it's forward angle. It makes it really easy people to dair right into you. I guess I have used it on occasions when there were platforms and the person was standing above me but that's about it. I've never ko'd with it.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Good against perfect shields and for shieldstabbing. It's horrible lag can be autocancelled which means you can also use your second jump before landing. For knocking opponents out of your range really. A good attack out of spindash.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
It's actually uncannily good at shield stabbing. I don't think I've ever had someone shield my fair completely before. It's also a staple of edge guarding (for me at least).

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
Excellent if you need that extra little boost to get you back to the stage. It also seems good for approaching from what I've seen, plus it just looks ******* awesome!

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Killing people at low percantages by catching them with Fair 3 times in a row moving to the edge of the screen? Teh awesumness.

Prefer it for edgeguaring kills than Bair, except at really low %s because its easier to connect with and comes out right away.

Short Hop>Fair Rocks, especially if the character isnt small. Any character from Marios height or taller can be easily caught. Just remeber not to fast fall from the short hop so its autocancelled. Decent priority and deals good damage.

Top Bottom