• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 'List of Things Gale Strike Destroys'... Topic

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
Gale Strike is Mii Sword's [1] custom on Neutral B. You do a little spin around and fire a tornado at your opponent, which will gradually fall downward in midair, and travel along the ground on the floor. Lots of people prefer Shuriken of Light due to its speed and interruption, but I'm personally partial to Gale Strike due to its resounding ability to completely erase several live projectiles.

I've made this topic as a collective list of projectiles that Gale Strike destroys while active. I will add to the topic as I find more projectiles that can be destroyed by it. This list is incomplete, please test and add your own.

List of destroyed projectiles/objects:
  • Mario's Fireball
  • Luigi's Fireball
  • Luigi's Iceball
  • Peach's Veggie
  • Bowser Jr's Mechakoopa*
  • Diddy Kong's Banana Peel
  • Samus' Missiles
  • Zero Suit Samus' Paralyzer
  • Fox's Impact Blaster
  • Pikachu's Thunder Jolt, Thunder Wave
  • ROB's Gyro
  • Ness's PK Fire (pre-flame)
  • Dr. Mario's Megavitamins
  • Megaman's lemons, Metal Blade, Crash Bomb

List of projectiles not destroyed:
  • Rosalina's Luma
  • Duck Hunt's can
  • Dedede's Gordos
  • Fox's Blaster*
  • Falco's Blaster*
  • ROB's Robo Beam*

*anything with an asterisk requires confirmation.

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Gunner's flame pillar isn't affected by gale strike regardless of whether the shot or pillar makes contact with the tornado. It just phases through it.

Edit: I think it might also destroy gunner's grenades, as those blow up upon contact with anything.

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Let's see what I can find...
(no custom specials/Mii moves included)

Yoshi's eggs do get stopped.
Diddy's peanuts get stopped.
Mr. G&W's Neutral-B gets stopped.
Link's Gale Boomerang gets stopped.
Toon Link's Boomerang gets stopped.
Samus' Morph Ball Bombs appear to get stopped.
Pit's arrows get stopped.
Palutena's Auto-Reticle gets stopped. This one's kind of odd, might need confirmation.
Robin's Elwind might get stopped, probably need confirmation.
Ness' PK Thunder gets stopped.
Villager's Forward-Air and Back-Air get stopped.
Olimar's Pikmin throws get stopped.
Olimar's Forward-Smash gets stopped, and his Down- and Up-Smash might get stopped.
Dark Pit's arrows get stopped.
Pac-Man's Power Pellet move gets stopped.

Link's arrows get stopped when not fully charged.
Toon Link's arrows get stopped when not fully charged.
Samus' Charge Shot gets stopped, but only when less than half-charged. This might need some confirmation.
Robin's Thunder, Elthunder, and Arcthunder get stopped, but Thoron doesn't.
Robin's Arcfire isn't destroyed, but stops and acts as if it hit something.
Lucario's Aura Sphere gets stopped when half-charged or less, unless Lucario's at 190%, in which case it doesn't get stopped at all.
Greninja's Water Shuriken gets stopped when not fully charged.
Wii Fit Trainer's Sun Salutation gets stopped when less than half-charged, might want confirmation.
Wii Fit Trainer's Header gets stopped, but the soccer ball is just sent a different direction.
Villager's Gyroid Rocket gets destroyed when not being ridden on; otherwise, Villager is hit but the Gyroid keeps going.
Villager's tree bark (from Timber) gets stopped, but falls to the ground before getting destroyed.
Pac-Man's Cherries, Strawberries, Oranges, and Apples get stopped, but nothing beyond that from this move.

Bowser Jr.'s cannonballs don't get stopped, but if they're hit and not fully charged, they'll go through you. Might need confirmation.
Bowser Jr.'s mechakoopas don't actually get destroyed.
Link's bombs don't get stopped.
Zelda's Din's Fire doesn't get stopped.
Zelda's Phantom Slash doesn't get stopped.
Sheik's needles don't get stopped.
Sheik's grenades aren't affected.
Toon Link's bombs don't get stopped.
Duck Hunt's Clay Pidgeon doesn't get stopped.
Duck Hunt's Wild Gunmen shots don't get stopped.
Kirby's Final Cutter isn't affected.
I can confirm that Fox's Blaster shots are not destroyed.
I can also confirm that Falco's Blaster shots do not get destroyed.
I can also confirm that R.O.B.'s Robo-Beam is not stopped.
Gale Strikes pocketed by Villager don't get stopped.
Mega Man's Leaf Shield doesn't get stopped.

That's all I got from an hour and a half of testing. Some stuff might be inaccurate or missing. And I didn't consider custom moves or Mii moves.

You might also want to include moves that Gale Strike stops (for example, Yoshi's Egg Roll, Wario's bike, or Charizard's Flare Blitz), because there are a good few of those, but that's just my input.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Whoa... great lists guys. I'm gonna study all of this. Thanks for taking the time to experiment.

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
I think I figured it out:

Any projectile that can clank can be destroyed by Gale Strike.

Any projectile that cannot (Transcendent) is ignored. Since Gale Strike itself cannot, it therefore is transcendent itself.

Need further proof/disproof.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
The definition of Transcendent and how it function in this game is weird or Gale Strike is just weird. I don't know.

Locke06 stated that Full Charge Shots are not transcendent but they beat Gale Strike. Samus' Full Charge Shot, for example, is a giant single hitbox while Gale Strike has multiple hitboxes (depending where it hits.) Link's bombs can clash with a Full Charge Shot and can go through Gale Strike but you can slash the bombs? This game...

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If it deals 9% more damage, clankable hitboxes will just win. Gale strike is ~3% per hit when it's strong, so something 11-12% or greater will win. Gale strike goes through regardless, so that's good.

Link's bombs have some sort of HP factor and from what I know acts more like an item than as an attack. Therefore, it's not really clanking the bomb but hitting it like it would a player.

Top Bottom