• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lonely Seven Tournament! [Febuary 7th, 2015]

Nimyu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-6319-0143
The Lonely Seven

Come celebrate your loneliness, or come be salty about your special someone!

Starts February 7th, 2015.
http://challonge.com/TheLonely7

Ruleset

3 Stock/8 minutes

Best of 3

Best of 5 for Semi's, and Finals.

No Items, No Customs, No Mii's.

Settled by Stock advantage. If even stocks, settled by percentage advantage. If tied percents, another round is played for 3 minutes set to 1 stock.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (Aka any stage won on cannot be played again)

Stage strike for game one will be the 1-2-1 order based on seedings (The lowest number goes first)

Stage strike for games after game one will be winner bans 3 stages, loser chooses stage.

Gentleman's Rule is in effect. (Aka stages can be chosen without strikes if both players agree on a stage)

Stages:

-Starters-

Battlefield

Town and City

Smashville

Final Destination

Lylat Cruise

-Counter-picks-

Wuhu Island

Delfino Plaza

Duck Hunt

Skyloft

Kongo Jungle 64

Halberd

Luigi's Mansion

Now that we're past the competitive rulesets, let's get down to some more formal details!

IRC: https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=LonelySeven&uio=MTY9dHJ1ZSY5PXRydWUa8

If anybody holds up your round, come to the IRC and tell my streamers so I can remove them from the bracket. The time before removing a player to be considered will be 15 minutes.

We have 1 (subject to change) provided streamer for the event.
Winners Semis, Losers Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will all be streamed.

Streamers:

Isabellafj - http://www.twitch.tv/isabellafj

Last edited:

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
Definitaly considering entering this. My girlfriend is going to be busy all weekend. Perfect time for tournaments.
However, what exactly is Dave's Stupid Rule? And what time is this happening?

itsReaLitY

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoZ_MartineZ
Ill try, its my first tourney though so I might be a little slow but its worth a shot.

Sonnet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kuch11
I could use some tourney experience, so I think I'll sign up. How will I know who I'm playing? Are we adding every participant to our friend's list, or are we joining specific lobbies, etc?

Sonnet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kuch11
Definitaly considering entering this. My girlfriend is going to be busy all weekend. Perfect time for tournaments.
However, what exactly is Dave's Stupid Rule? And what time is this happening?
Dave's Stupid Rule is described in the original post, lol.

Pretty much, it's a rule that states that you cannot counterpick to the last stage you won on. For example, if you win game 1 on Battlefield, but lose game 2, you can't counterpick to Battlefield again.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
Alright, thought about it, I'm going to join. Although it'll be my first tournament that isn't with only friends or casual players, so I don't see me doing super well. But I'm excited~

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
One small question, are we playing on the Final Destination version of some of these maps?+

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
So just in case I'm mistaken - we all meet at the IIRC tomorrow at 3 EST, right? This is my first tourney so I'd rather not make a mistake as easy as that one.
Is there an... Uh.. Prize?
Seemingly, no.

Glazed_Soul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glazed_Soul
3DS FC
1263-6203-7457
Didn't see the post in time... In any case who's the winner? Since, y'know, winning is the most important thing in life :dazwa:

Top Bottom