• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lost Art Of The Sex Kick

Classic Yayo

Smash Cadet
Recently I declared myself a R.O.B main; this is after playing a number of characters. When the game first came out I found myself gravitating to the new comers, checking out the new move sets and ways to gimp people. I’ve probably played all of the new characters extensively, today was the first day I actually played an older character (Donkey Kong) for a long period of time against my friends and I found myself frustrated because my N-air wasn’t working the way I wanted.
That’s when I noticed a lot of the new brawl characters have some sort of spinning N-air attack. Everybody except Lucario, I believe, has an attack where they’re spinning or a sword is getting twirled or spun around. I found this to be really interesting and ask what happened to the CLASSIC sex kick.
I remember the N64 days when it seemed like everybody had a sex kick. Captain Falcon and Pikachu, both had sex kicks in those days. When Melee came out their sex kicks where changed as well as some other characters, which I’m sure I’m forgetting. What happened? Why did the developers change it? All these questions came to me today, so I’ll bring them up to the community what happened to the sex kick? With the new wave of characters, all of which don’t have a sex kick of their own, are we destined to have sex kicks phased out all together?

thefindingmoon

Smash Cadet
Back in the N64 days, I believe EVERYONE had a sex kick but maybe Ness who kicked simultaniously in both directions (like a double sex kick).

They removed sex kicks to make characters more unique and different from each other playing wise. Yeah, they may of unnoticably made the other half of the cast that isn't sex kicking do a twirly move, but all the twirly moves are done differently.

As far as nairs go in Brawl, there are now twister twirls, tumbling twirls (like a ball), sex kicks, multikicks (C. Falcon, Snake, Ganondorf), and body slams (King Dedede / Wario)... oh, and there's that fishbowl thing Mr. Game&Watch does.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Regular Link, I believe, still has a sex kick. Its not really that amazing as it was in 64.

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
i loved the sex kicks in n64 because of the long durations, but movesets have to change and thats whut the developers did, and made their nairs more unique, n64 wuz sex kicks, melee wuz in between, brawl is multi hit nairs

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
actually, Lucario's nair is in fact a twirlygig, a pretty good one at that.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It can be a spinning attack yet remain a sex kick. Peach's Nair works the exact same as a Sex Kick (only it has two hitboxes now) despite it being her twirling.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Actually, sex kicks that are still in seem to have been nerfed. I think Luigi's lasts shorter, so it's not as "sexy" and Samus's is crap priority, damage, and knockback...

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
The name sex kick doesn't make a whole lot of sense anyways... sex kicks are kicks that stay out a long time and do less damage the longer they are out. So, is the analogy trying to imply that the longer sex goes on, the worse it gets?? I'm very, very sure that the opposite is true.

So what the hell is with the name?

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
The name sex kick doesn't make a whole lot of sense anyways... sex kicks are kicks that stay out a long time and do less damage the longer they are out. So, is the analogy trying to imply that the longer sex goes on, the worse it gets?? I'm very, very sure that the opposite is true.

So what the hell is with the name?
u are going too deep, it simply means the kick has a longer duration, which refers just like sex, cuz it lasts long..sorta, or the kick is a nice, useful attack, like sex, which is also nice

Finch

Smash Lord
I really really really really miss Falco's sex kick. Seriously his new nair is the worst move in the game second only to his new fair.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
you can juggle with Falco's nair though. I agree that his fair is complete and utter crap. Crap damage, crap range, crap priority, and bad landing lag.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
u are going too deep, it simply means the kick has a longer duration, which refers just like sex, cuz it lasts long..sorta, or the kick is a nice, useful attack, like sex, which is also nice
Your explanation sucks.

Why call it a sex kick then? There are other, better words you could use if all you want to describe is the "nice, useful" aspect of the attack. Since when is sex nice and useful? And with a bunch of you pansies around here, I doubt it lasts that long, if it happens at all.

Please, someone who actually knows why its called a sex kick, chime in.

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
What happened? Why did the developers change it?
Probably because for a game where so many people complain about having the same move animation, they felt it would be best to try and keep move sets as original as possible.

House M.D.

Smash Apprentice
d3 has a sex kick (i guess).
spinning nairs are probably a good things since with the decrease in speed, especially horizontal aerial movement, sex kicks aren't as effective as spinning nairs which tend not to be too laggy.
it is still sad though :(

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
From the second sticky on the SSB64 forum, good times...

Sex Kick
Widely used to express neutral air. Why it's called a sex kick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorcloud
a sex kick is called a sex kick because its something that you erect quickly and gets weaker over time.

Nothing more nothing less, and it WAS really really useful.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
From the second sticky on the SSB64 forum, good times...

Sex Kick
Widely used to express neutral air. Why it's called a sex kick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorcloud
a sex kick is called a sex kick because its something that you erect quickly and gets weaker over time.

Nothing more nothing less, and it WAS really really useful.
Lol, that makes more sense, I suppose. Too bad they couldn't call it a p-nis kick.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
Some characters still have Sex Kicks, but in every sense of irony I find myself hitting people with Mario's butt or thigh because of how the hit box is.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Docs gets stronger over time, making the sex analogy quite funny. Sex kicks were probably removed or weakened to make aggressive short hoping less affective.

Top Bottom