• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Curlz, I need to trade my Scyther away and back again for a Scizor. If you have anything that needs likewise, let me know.

Curlz

Smash Lord
XKCP, my number is 3372788137. Shoot me a text so we can work this out, I only get on Smashboards when I plan to post something.

@Everyone, I got in touch with Jeph of Play N Trade in Lafayette and we started talking about a midnight release tournament for Smash 4 on its release. I told him that I wanted to do all 4 Smashes for tournaments and first prize gets a free copy of Smash 4. He told me that he'd rather only 3 tournaments happen that day instead of 4 but he wants Brawl and Smash 4 to happen. That leaves me in a bind because I know both the 64 and Melee scene have dedicated players that would make it out to this. Now, I know this is a ways away but I'd still like to ask Louisiana; would you rather a 64 or a Melee tournament for the Smash 4 midnight release? I will be recording votes as you post them.
Nice guy Jeph told me, though, that whichever game isn't on the tournament roster will still be hooked up for people to play Money Matches if they like (which is a shock because Jeph is super strict about money matches due to the no gambling law in Lafayette).

Holla!

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
XKCP, my number is 3372788137. Shoot me a text so we can work this out, I only get on Smashboards when I plan to post something.

@Everyone, I got in touch with Jeph of Play N Trade in Lafayette and we started talking about a midnight release tournament for Smash 4 on its release. I told him that I wanted to do all 4 Smashes for tournaments and first prize gets a free copy of Smash 4. He told me that he'd rather only 3 tournaments happen that day instead of 4 but he wants Brawl and Smash 4 to happen. That leaves me in a bind because I know both the 64 and Melee scene have dedicated players that would make it out to this. Now, I know this is a ways away but I'd still like to ask Louisiana; would you rather a 64 or a Melee tournament for the Smash 4 midnight release? I will be recording votes as you post them.
Nice guy Jeph told me, though, that whichever game isn't on the tournament roster will still be hooked up for people to play Money Matches if they like (which is a shock because Jeph is super strict about money matches due to the no gambling law in Lafayette).

Holla!
A huge fan of both, but melee for more hype matches.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Man everyone's having fun playing X and Y and I'm just sitting here still waiting to get a 3DS. :(

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey Curlz, when you get a chance, go over what I have thus far (which isn't much) and correct me on anything I have.

http://smashboards.com/threads/play...2013-november-21st-2013-laffayette-la.341819/

My biggest question is, you sure it's on the 21st and not like the 23rd? The 21st is a Thursday, not a Saturday. Just post any corrections I need to make in the OP, or have a mod give you control of the thread.

ChKn

Smash Ace

Holla!

My mind.

Also, get people to vote for brawl on that poll lol.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
D

Deleted member

i didnt have anything else to say.
PM will be at the shrimp 003. along with melee singles, doubles, and crew battles. feel free to join.

also ill money match you in PM if you want.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I'm not sure where shrimp 003 will be, but if it's in baton rouge or new orleans or near either of them that's a no-go. If I had the funds to make four hour drives regularly I would gladly be at nearly every tourney in LA.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
It'll be in BR. Save up your funds and travel to shrimp 003. It'll be worth it.

I'm going to try to make it all the way from Tuscaloosa whenever it is.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
It's not even 4 hours from Shreveport. Natchitoches saves you like a good 45 mins or an hour of the drive, so it's more like 2 and a half, maybe 3.

D

Deleted member

Shrimp 003 will be on November 19,21,23, or 26. Everyone give me input on what's best for them

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
What time would it start? How long would it go? I could manage to be back on the 26th by like 10. It would still be happening right?

Pritch

Smash Lord

Holla!
I like melee. It's pretty fun.

-Ran

Smash Master
i didnt have anything else to say.
PM will be at the shrimp 003. along with melee singles, doubles, and crew battles. feel free to join.

also ill money match you in PM if you want.
I'll try to attend, but I haven't really been playing Smash for about two months. I've been working through some stuff, but finally seeing the light in regards to something that was putting me into a pretty big depression. =/

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Understood....im just hype there is a Melee tourney in north LA. Should be fun.
Mrudok pleeeeeeease let there be Brawl. I will run it if need be. We can meet up and talk it over lunch or something but please let there be Brawl! Also you should make a smashboards tournament link so we can put it on here

Top Bottom