• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

CozaMonkey

Smash Journeyman
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00 said:
hey now, i seem to remember beating falco in our actual match
ganon is another story
but i still have enough faith in myself for another money match
XD
Haha.. actually you're right, you did beat me that one time. **** Fox and his shinespike. You're not bad at that level, Kirby 64.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
EVIL_Peach18 said:
Cyphus Prime!!! TRANSFORM!!!!! XD
lmao! ah, good times :)

Mankosuki: I'm sure if we have time before hand we can work something out. But fyi i live like 2 hours from the tourney..dunno if u wanna drive even more.

Chunks: you think John and Ray are both better than me? John did beat me in the tourney, but in all our fights it was always with him having a single stock left...but he did lose to Ray...who i 2 stocked in a challenge fight right after he won the tourney. I don't think i'm better than them...i'd say we're all about even, I'm just sure that some of us would do better against certain oponents(lee included, who btw, now claims Samus as his main) I guess all i'm really trying to say is your gay.

well, i just got back from playing w/ Lee. Basicly dead even, as usual. 'Cept my Doc wasn't very effective against him...(i can only assume its from overusing him, especially right before FC3), while my Zelda was 2 stocking his Samus. It appears she's my "lee-counter".
Ice climbers did ok for last playing them when i was 2 notches down in skill. It took care of his Ganon, but samus just ***** them. Dunno how Chudat beat Wes in friendlies at FC3..crazy.

Either way...i'm having the most fun playing as Ice right now...so by the time i make it to a tourney, i should have a trio of tourney-ready characters.

CYPHUS PRIME!..TRANSFORM!!!!

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
touche' douche master.
cept not really. (the touche' part)
i wish u the best of luck if u come.
but you shouldnt underestimate me like you do
either way you cant win
jew basket

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
once again the title of mall champ is mine.
sigh.
i wish coza and cyphus would have joined us.
beating you two would have made it all the more fun
and an extra 10$ in my pocket.
i guess 100 will have to do
hahahaha

JayJay

Smash Apprentice
Well the torny was fun... My Pikachu went pretty far, but there were so many **** Foxes! :dizzy: Taylor I almost beat you in our first match, then you came back on me. :(
Before this torny I never really played a good Peach before... Eet just owned me. Too bad I can't play with you guys more often, I'm sure I would do better. Taylor your probably right, I should switch to Shiek or something when playing FoXes and Peaches and stuff. :ohwell:

CozaMonkey

Smash Journeyman
Umm... Yeah that reminds me. It was kind of annoying seeing every person in the tournament using pretty much only the top 3 (Shiek Marth Fox). Yeah, theyre the best, so you'll probably beat more people with them. But its way more satisfying to be able to beat a good Marth or Fox with a lower tier charactar, one that you have more fun using.

I think I saw one Pikachu and then Eet's Peach. But other than that I don't remember seeing anything other than Fox, Marth and Shiek.

What I'm saying, is just mix it up guys. Get a little variety in there. You don't need to take up Pichu or Bowser, but just something a little more interesting than your usual Shiek, Marth, or Fox.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
CozaMonkey said:
Umm... Yeah that reminds me. It was kind of annoying seeing every person in the tournament using pretty much only the top 3 (Shiek Marth Fox). Yeah, theyre the best, so you'll probably beat more people with them. But its way more satisfying to be able to beat a good Marth or Fox with a lower tier charactar, one that you have more fun using.

I think I saw one Pikachu and then Eet's Peach. But other than that I don't remember seeing anything other than Fox, Marth and Shiek.

What I'm saying, is just mix it up guys. Get a little variety in there. You don't need to take up Pichu or Bowser, but just something a little more interesting than your usual Shiek, Marth, or Fox.
Umm...in the final match that I played versus Taylor for finals, I played Iceclimbers on his fox and brought it down to last stock...it was fairly close. But yeah...I still got beat by Taylor twice in a row to lose the finals. :p

GJ to TAYLOR on being the champ................again XD. :love: kisses :love:

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
JayJay said:
Well the torny was fun... My Pikachu went pretty far, but there were so many **** Foxes! :dizzy: Taylor I almost beat you in our first match, then you came back on me. :(
Before this torny I never really played a good Peach before... Eet just owned me. Too bad I can't play with you guys more often, I'm sure I would do better. Taylor your probably right, I should switch to Shiek or something when playing FoXes and Peaches and stuff. :ohwell:

so why cant u play with us? my aim is the same as my swf name so IM me if u feel like it. we're always playing at tim's house and it'd be no problem to invite u over.

ty ffox i love u too
my zelda just 3 stocked tims new best/2nd best, marth
it was great XDD

melee4life

Smash Rookie
i am disapointed that i didn't get to come. I had prior commitments this weekend so my pikachu couldn't make it. I will definitly be back in 2 weeks, so i can't wait till then.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
melee4life said:
i am disapointed that i didn't get to come. I had prior commitments this weekend so my pikachu couldn't make it. I will definitly be back in 2 weeks, so i can't wait till then.
jayjay's pika will **** urs.
im going to laugh like a little school girl.
so how i always laugh
>.>

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
alright chunks....i've read enough. It's time i put u back in your place. 100 bucks for first is just enough incentive for me. Out of curiousity..is it winner takes all?..or is there some cash/prize for 2nd/3rd/etc.
How many people were in the last tournament, too?

If my math is correct...ya'll next tourney should be the 20th, Saturday..and ya'll said ya'll usually start 'round 1pm....at the mall of LA, correct?

if its not too late for me to request off work...i will. If so..i'll request the following date, accordingly.

I've been practicing a little bit off all BobMoney's tips and ideas from his vids...so i gotto say..my doc is getting PRETTY **** sexy. can't wait to tear the top tier new buttholes.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
Cyphus said:
alright chunks....i've read enough. It's time i put u back in your place. 100 bucks for first is just enough incentive for me. Out of curiousity..is it winner takes all?..or is there some cash/prize for 2nd/3rd/etc.

If my math is correct...ya'll next tourney should be the 20th, Saturday..and ya'll said ya'll usually start 'round 1pm....at the mall of LA, correct?

if its not too late for me to request off work...i will. If so..i'll request the following date, accordingly.

I've been practicing a little bit off all BobMoney's tips and ideas from his vids...so i gotto say..my doc is getting PRETTY **** sexy. can't wait to tear the top tier new buttholes.
2nd gets something its like 1/5 or less tho and the rest is 1st
i donno if we're doing one on the 20th cuz school is starting and all but we probably will.
ffox said he cant come to that one tho so he probably wont attend
no other info now

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Cyphus said:

Man... Life must hate me. The one time that Cyphus might be going to the Baton Rouge tourney, I won't be able to go and meet him... Oh well, it'll be interesting to see the results.

~<3

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
the mecha con anime convention is august 26-28 and they will more than likely have a smash tourney that sat. on the 27th. dont blame me if they dont because they've been really shady about this in the past like when i ask what games/tourneys they have they'll be like oh yeah we're working that out. so im about to go check the mechacon boards and see if anyone has posted new info, but the con is at the lafayette la hilton over those three days, and i think its like 15$ to get in for the whole day on sat. so u can play and do other anime crap if ur into that. they have a game room with a bunch of games set up to play and a venders room with a bunch of stuff to buy sooooooooooooo yeah hope to see people there.
the site is www.mechacon.com
(tourney will more than likely be free with no cash prizes)

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ok..well don't feel too bad FF, cuz i got work the 20th..so they won't let me request off....but I AM free for the 3rd......or....whenever...basicly....someone just let me know when the next tourney is, and i WILL come, as long as it is after 21st.

Unless of course i'm told a week from now..which in case, will have to push that date to 28th, and so on. (requesting off work is so tedious)

Well, last night, i got play w/ brett and manny(i haven't really gotten much human practice, in a long time :() Manny Strangely brougth me to my last life a couple times...but i think i was just playing stupid and taking risks(especially when he played Marth, cuz his marth is just a c-sticking sword)
So anyway..i fianlly got to try out some of my newer combo tricks, and as rare as they happened, nonetheless we're very sexy.

And...hate to burst any fox player's bubble...but i starting to seriously think Doc counters Fox, now. Cuz some of this stuff i'm doing just isn't fair. ;)

Icecow

Smash Rookie
Yo Taylor!

If you do come to Lafayette, can you pick me up before you go to the Hilton? I would love to get back to smashing and I don't know if Mr. Flarefox can pick me up or not. I don't live too far from ye olde tower and the plain that you will traverse lacks congestion (in other words, I live like a mile away and you won't have traffic problems). I seriously need to get back to smashing because I've improved tenfold! Of course, you would be happy to fulfill my request, wouldn't you? I wouldn't want to walk to the evil tower...

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
uh i donno............ probably not.
im ready for u cyphus but it seems u can never make it...... on purpose? who knows.
if fox cant do it i know marth can so i have no doubts
dont feel like posting now blah bye

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
probably not what?
i hope ur not talking about the tourney on the 3rd, that i'm finally able to go to, since i requested it off of work today.

never make it on purpose? what hateful words! >:O
i have a J.O.B. son, and it ain't your standard 9-5, mon. through friday crap. I always work all weekends, and they demand 2 weeks notice prior to considering letting someone off for a day. That's why its been difficut coming.
Its like i would have to go and just take a risk and request a day off before i even know they'll be a tourney.(woops did i just do that?)

anyway..hit me back here again, cuz i could use an extra 100 bucks for my next melee trip.

and don't u know? Doc counters Marth....or so Ken says <___< I can kinna see his points, too...but i think he's pushing it.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
i dont think that at all. i dont think marth counters doc or anything but i def. dont think its the other way around either. fox is simply harder to use against doc cuz up b out prioritizes anything (especially shine spike which is almost impossible to get on doc) and hes really light so up air and throw combos are hard to get on him. but im still pretty confident. even against the super sheet. OH!

Icecow

Smash Rookie
Cyphus, don't you worry--if that fool says that you can't ever make it ON PURPOSE, he'll have ME to mess with! Taylor, you should come pick me up. My dorm is only 1.3 miles from the EVIL tower. And yeah, leave Cyphus alone or I'll take Peach out on you! Anyway, you won't be winning any Lafayette tournaments anytime soon. Lafayette is my home turf. And what do I do? I defend my home turf. You should make it a point to come get me, especially if you want to eat well.

Anyway, I want you to enjoy your time in Lafayette when you come. It's quite a nice place, but I've got a bounty of loot from there. If you would beat me here, it would be a huge upset. (You probably think that you'll be playing my crappy Fox the next time we meet. NO, my Fox is HORRIBLE!)

I've been playing with Doc lately. I find it really enjoyable! Thanks Cyphus!

A
/
\ (Cyphus is that dude up there) I hope I meet you at a tournament, but if I don't, I still need to thank
/ you for writing that Doc guide. It's really improved my Doc tenfold and it'll be really fun beating that
\ poor little kid at the evil tower! Anyway, I need to go practice my unconventional style that gives
/ everyone but Flarefox fits! Enjoy!
\
/
\ (Seahawks 34, Saints 15. OUCH. It's OK, though. I don't care what the 2nd team does)
/
\

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
there is no smash tourney this week, saturday the 20th
dont show up at game ware because there will be no smash what so ever.
next tourney will be the 3rd or september, 2 weeks from the 20th. thanks noobs, hope to beat u all then.
xero

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i hope to see u all there...cuz i'm taking off of work to hopefully make a profit from it ;)

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
theres no tourney this sat. on the 20th so dont some
i wont be there to take ur money
ok thx bai

//oops i didnt realize swf got my post last time cuz it was lagging or something. sorry for the repition

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
so how'd that tourney go?

I'll be there for the next one, on the 3rd, so i hope to see everyone that'd attended them so far. I doubt it, but i might drab along another smasher in my area. With jobs, short notice, and some of them just lacking the enthusiasm to go to a tourney knowing i'm going...i'll just be happy w/ the thought of at least getting to play new smashers in my state that i haven't played yet, and rekindling old obstacles.

And if anyone cares, i picked up Falco, again. So my lineup(if you feel like countering me) is Doc, Falco/Zelda...with my 2nd line being Kirby/Ice, and Sheik(currently trying to step these guys up some more since i don't have alot of human experience using them compared to the others)

Well i'm gonna try to interest all the smashers around here to come, so we'll just see what happens...in the mean time...all ya'll make plans to be there the 3rd. Hopefully this thing can continue to grow...though school starting will seriously screw over most people :(

anywho...just let us know, Chunks, on the specific, tid-bit, gritty-****ty info as it becomes available.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Cyphus, I may try to make it to the next tourney since you say you'll be at it. I want to show you how much I've improved since the one you held. I just got back from a tourney in Mobile, Alabama today. Me and Moogle got first place for teams, using Samus & Jiggs. :chuckle:

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'd love to play u again, too, Suki...and 'grats for taking first in teams in that tourney :D
Though i haven't been playing the game w/....well really anybody locally for a long time, i was fortunate enough to get some insane experirence at FC3 so hopefully that'll balance things out since its been half a year since i've played in any tourney w/ the regional locals.

can't wait to see how everyone's improved.

u still coming, Flaref0x?

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
so yeah, no one knew how to play smash at mecha con, and they didnt even have a real tourney. all they had was a team tourney and me and eet were watching anime music vids when it started so we couldnt enter. all the winners got was like crappy anime anyway. and we 3 stocked them after they won in a friendly. but the con was cool otherwise. everyone should love anime and anime cons. tourney still on for next sat. at 1 at gw in the mall of la, considering we're all still alive after Katrina pwns teh south.

CozaMonkey

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah!! Holy crap you guys. I forgot that that hurricane is like right overtop of you almost.

Good luck everyone.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
yeah we survived. i donno about N.O. or houma or anywhere else tho. BR is alive. tourney still planned for saturday if everyone has power and what not. i had to come to my grandparents because we dont have any power and its hot as fsck with no AC. so yeah. hope everyone else is ok
xero

Top Bottom