• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Am I the only one who's played BlazBlue and likes Brawl more here? XD BlazBlue has no Pokemon, sorry. :p

Curlz

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who's played BlazBlue and likes Brawl more here? XD BlazBlue has no Pokemon, sorry. :p
I've been playing nothing but brawl for the past few months so I'm pretty tired of it atm. I'm sure after I play another game for a while I'll get back into it.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I've been playing nothing but brawl for the past few months so I'm pretty tired of it atm. I'm sure after I play another game for a while I'll get back into it.
Yeah Zigsta, I guess it's a little intimidating for your first real fighter game but it's definitely very solid and you have to admit it's amazing eye candy :D

Also I agree, right now brawl's kind of boring but smash bros in general is awesome so I'm sure I'll be back soon.

Also also that obsession with pokemon gets more creepy the more you flaunt it.

cycleagle

Smash Rookie
Wtf. Great job spoiling it for me Flounder. **** you man. <3 I'm over it already. How'd they win? Eh?
Henderson won via KO(and added an extra elbow after the fact <3) over Bisping
GSP won via unanimous decision over Alves
Lesnar won via 2nd round TKO over Mir

I think I can get the final 14 achievements to get the 1000 GP on BlazBlue. Score Attack is gonna be a ***** to beat.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I added Arcadia and Winnar on Live. You guys should accept my friend request.
Cycleagle, do you have Live?

(Just so this doesn't turn into a BlazBlue thread)
Hyro, do you wanna team up on the Gamebattles Ladder for the $1000?

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
4th in sf4 ranbat today.

lee or anyone else going to evo? see yall there.

i demand to be placed somewhere in the opening post of this thread

Retirees: Testament, the legendary falcon

jio, in addittion to sf4, 3s, st, and blazblue, and darkstalkers i been playing fate unlimited codes. if you ever watch the show, check out some tourney vids. very melty blood-ish (good quality).

ive come to the conclusion smashboards is the best way to reach you lol

I been playing vampire savior like a well, demon, lately.

bb hood *****es.

btw
Brawl is a bit more balanced than most fighters.
:psycho: u crazy

play better games

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
Some people look for loose change when they need money, Curlz's parents are so rich he looks for loose diamonds.
i lol'd. im digging in curlz's sofa next time im there.

BTW Blazblue is phukin fun, I have no idea how to play it though other than spam with jin...

I litterally cant find a copy ive been to every place in town and noone even has heard of it. all if got was an obscure rumor that there where 4 copies at the mall gamestop. But the Gamestop by my house said no copies where reported in any of the nearby stores. PnT has one copy that that got from a trade in and its not for sale. they have it on the big TV behind the counter and let me play it.

I need my laptop back so I can play brawl without much online lag. 3 weeks of this **** is too much.

Curlz

Smash Lord
There's still at least 2 copies at the Gamestop by my house. I can get you 15% off on it. It'll be $55.83 total.

Edit because of grammatical fail.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Y'all can suck my blazblueballs. Not really. I haven't played it yet, but it looks like I'd enjoy it non-competitively. Plus, it seems like the type of fighter where a stick is necessary or else it's impossible to play effectively. I wanted to make a stick this summer, but then I got lazy.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I dunno, SF4 is definitely stick-necessary, but so far BB doesn't feel that way.

The window to input most things is pretty lenient, which makes it infinitely easier to put in series of commands.

'V'

Smash Lord
Plus, it seems like the type of fighter where a stick is necessary or else it's impossible to play effectively.
I dunno, SF4 is definitely stick-necessary, but so far BB doesn't feel that way.
No fighter is "stick-necessary" unless the only way to play it at all is with a stick and nothing else. I know plenty of people who prefer to use control pads for other fighters and they still do well in tournaments. Namely SF4 players too. Sticks are just preferred controllers by some players, much like Razer prefers using the wii remote and nunchuck for Brawl.

It was nice chillin' with you guys tonight!! =D

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Always the contrarian. I'm just saying, based on what I've seen, it looks like you need to move really quickly and precisely, something that's done a lot more easily with a stick than a gamepad. That said, I honestly haven't seen much of BlazBlue.

SF4 seems like it's more friendly to pad users to me :/

---

Oh yeah, I forgot to post up what I originally wanted to say:

**** Metaknight. I have to play like a million times safer and smarter just to beat an above average MK. I spiked the guy when he was at like 70% and for just about any other character, that would've been death. But thanks to 5 jumps and a ridiculous B move, he made it back.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Once again, a very tough tourney with most of the PR present. LA too good.

PNT results:

1: Lee Martin: Wario, Toon Link, Lucario, Marth, MK ($66)
2: Cyphus: DK, Fox ($33)
3: Hyro: Toon Link ($11)
4: Iadus: ROB
5: Nikz0r: DDD, Wolf
5: Mocha: Zelda
7: Blaino: ZSS
7: JNig: Wario
9: Arcadia: Lucario, Luigi
9: CJ: Snake, Metaknight, ?
9: Jio: Kirby, ?
9: Batto: Marth, Peach, ?
13: Bomber: PT

Yum... IHOP.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
I didn't use snake really and only used marth against Hyro. i went wario and toon link for everything else minus a couple matches with cyphus where i went wario mk and lucario.

'V'

Smash Lord
Genesis Brawl Singles

1. ALLY - SNAKE - $2,336
2. Mew2King - Meta Knight - $1,460
3. Tyrant - Meta Knight - $876
4. Dojo - Meta Knight - $584
5. ADHD - Diddy Kong - $233
6. DEHF - Falco - $175
7. Fiction - Wario - $118
8. SK92 - Falco - $59

Genesis Melee Singles

1. MANGO - JIGGLYPUFF - $2,280
2. Armada - Peach - $1,425
3. Hungrybox - Jigglypuff - $855
4. Zhu - Falco/Fox - $570
5. Mew2King - Marth/Sheik - $228
6. Scar - Falcon - $171
7. Darkrain - Falcon - $114
8. Hax - Falcon - $57

'V'

Smash Lord
Ehhh.. He's about as dumb as every top tier ever, but this time around in both Melee and Brawl, the rated best characters didn't win in a big tourney.

Edit : Pretty sure M2K didn't wanna just throw away that money by letting Ally win either. =P

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Mad props to Armada, but I still want to hear the full story that went on with his set with M2K.

Also guys, there's SF4 tourneys at GWare? If so, then I may be able to go every nw and then. I've got a neighbor who plays SF4 and he says he'll ride me to tourneys if SF is there.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
4th in sf4 ranbat today.

lee or anyone else going to evo? see yall there.

i demand to be placed somewhere in the opening post of this thread

Retirees: Testament, the legendary falcon

jio, in addittion to sf4, 3s, st, and blazblue, and darkstalkers i been playing fate unlimited codes. if you ever watch the show, check out some tourney vids. very melty blood-ish (good quality).

ive come to the conclusion smashboards is the best way to reach you lol

I been playing vampire savior like a well, demon, lately.

bb hood *****es.

btw

:psycho: u crazy

play better games
oh u got blazblue too? I played at the tournament and it went pretty hard. Are u talkin bout the old darkstalkers or did a new one somehow come out? never saw fate unlimited but u might quit after u see this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SbqZoGr5n8&feature=related

I know u can escape it kinda like TvC, but that niga killed her pretty quick.

edit: u can always try my phone, I did answer last time u called

Winnar

Smash Lord
>_>

After playing SF4 I had to stop because A) It was boring as fuuuuuuu and B) I couldn't do the dpad inputs with high enough consistency to make the game not really frustrating. That d-pad DROPS inputs -_-

After playing BB I've yet to have any trouble with the 360 dpad. Plus the game is actually fun and entertaining, so that's a plus.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
>_>

After playing SF4 I had to stop because A) It was boring as fuuuuuuu and B) I couldn't do the dpad inputs with high enough consistency to make the game not really frustrating. That d-pad DROPS inputs -_-

After playing BB I've yet to have any trouble with the 360 dpad. Plus the game is actually fun and entertaining, so that's a plus.
you quit sf4 because you are a scrub. execution in that game is insanely easy compared to 3s. the d-pad isnt dropping your inputs, you just suck at putting-in. (c-what i did thar). you really just need to practice. it might take a day or two to sink in if you havent played sf seriously before but dont give up cuz that **** is easy. Although, you should know that playing sf4 by yourself is much more boring than playing with others. if you want, we can meet at dibbz for the next gathering and i will help you out.

furthermore, no game is stick dependent anymore. ive seen and been beaten by many a pad warrior for numerous games. its just that, well, most fighters are made for the arcade, so its only natural that some stuff works better on stick than pad. guile and vegas ultra motions for example. its all preference. one is not greater than the other. I personally prefer stick, but the guy next to me could be a pad pro even though we are of equal skill.

i been on that blazblue as well. the ranbat yesterday i got peaced out early just cuz biochem prevents me from grinding in it. although, it needs an update fast to really maintain its spot as a new fighter. it still is not worthy of guilty gear replacement yet (so im told by my gg friends)

bb is being likened to tvc atm, which is not good considering how quickly tvc died down. of course, with this future us release, it may catch on. i dont think it will though. mahvel still reigns supreme. esp, now since its going to be on ps3 and 360

as for my main in that game, you can probably figure it out considering i played falcon in brawl.

a hint: truth and justice, and ninjas

oh u got blazblue too? I played at the tournament and it went pretty hard. Are u talkin bout the old darkstalkers or did a new one somehow come out? never saw fate unlimited but u might quit after u see this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SbqZoGr5n8&feature=related

I know u can escape it kinda like TvC, but that niga killed her pretty quick.

edit: u can always try my phone, I did answer last time u called
i been playing the most recent one, released in 1997 called vampire savior 2. it was only released on japan arcades, but they ported it to saturn and ps2. i got an imported copy for ps2 and that **** is mad fun. its the best (and last) game in the darkstalkers series. its daigo's favorite game lol

and that archer combo is insanely difficult to do. thing about that game is that you actually have to work for that crazy **** unlike brawl and mahvel. that vid is favorited on my account before you posted it lol. like, thats the best *** archer, hes currently qualified as the only archer player for sbo. look up some of the ubw combos and you will flip. its extremely flashy and hard to do but the reward is amazing.. the thing about that game is that EVERYONE has some crazy **** they can pull. gilgamesh and lancer are a little more ludicrous than the rest of the cast, but there arent any 9-1 or 8-2 matchups or anything. unlike some games...

you should prob watch the show to have new appreciation for it though. cmon dog its only 26 eps. and i wouldnt steer you wrong. theres one episode in particular that made me man crush on archer. and the show is called fate/stay night, the game is fate/unlimited codes fyi. plz watch it. its kind of slow at the start, but trust me its worth it. sudai will agree.

it uses the same button layout as tvc. you and joff could pick it up easy truthfully. like i said, easy to learn, but the combos are redunkuolus. and unlike tvc, its good lol

the game is by no means going to stay around long. in fact, i declare it dead after sbo this year. its just fun to play on the side. apparently vampire savior 2 is still big in japan though. i wish i could get ggpo to work at home :( we'll play some next time i come over. i got 2 ps2 sticks so we can darkstalkers and fate it up.

and niga if you answer the phone one time out of 20 that does not make you reliable. imma call you and david lil joffrees.

play better games

and niga stop playing wow. ive lost too many good men to it. clark is thinking about getting back in lol. im like dont do it man

Winnar

Smash Lord
Scrub or not, there's little about SF that has ever appealed to me. I gave SF4 a shot, really disliked it, and stopped playing it.

It's not that I don't respect SF for everything it's accomplished, it's that I just don't have fun playing it.

Next time I go to Dibbz though I'll give it another shot and you can teach me tricks and stuff :o

Speaking of Dibbz, I won't be able to go for at least 2 weeks. Busy busy busy

-Ran

Smash Master
If you have a car, you should try to find a way to Houma to play Lee. [Or arrange for a meet up in New Orleans / Baton Rouge.]

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
you should prob watch the show to have new appreciation for it though. cmon dog its only 26 eps. and i wouldnt steer you wrong. theres one episode in particular that made me man crush on archer. and the show is called fate/stay night, the game is fate/unlimited codes fyi. plz watch it. its kind of slow at the start, but trust me its worth it. sudai will agree.

it uses the same button layout as tvc. you and joff could pick it up easy truthfully. like i said, easy to learn, but the combos are redunkuolus. and unlike tvc, its good lol

the game is by no means going to stay around long. in fact, i declare it dead after sbo this year. its just fun to play on the side. apparently vampire savior 2 is still big in japan though. i wish i could get ggpo to work at home :( we'll play some next time i come over. i got 2 ps2 sticks so we can darkstalkers and fate it up.

and niga if you answer the phone one time out of 20 that does not make you reliable. imma call you and david lil joffrees.

play better games

and niga stop playing wow. ive lost too many good men to it. clark is thinking about getting back in lol. im like dont do it man
I'm a bit reluctant to take ur show advice cuz I remember one time u did reccomend a ****ty show to me. I'll never quit wow, my hunter is too raw at the game in general. Elemental shammy's kind of **** now so I think u should hop back on IMO. I was actually kinda sad that TvC died so quick, I liked it but it was extremely shallow compared to many fighters. U should come thru after evo so we can get some gamin goin too.

Sudai

Stuff here
Jio, Fate/Stay Night is ballin', but I'd recommend reading the Manga as it covers the story a lot better and even has the grail war prior to the one in Fate/Stay Night

Top Bottom