• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Guys Heads Up. Apparently Lost's Time Slot Got Changed From The Evening To The Afternoon. It Will Start At 2 Pm.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Ok guys. If you had to pick a weekend for an UBERLY big brawl tournament, when would you have it? We (Flounda and I) were originally planning to have it on Halloween Weekend, but MLG Dalls is the weekend after it, so we decided to change the date. When do you think we should have it?

-Ran

Smash Master
May 15th, I'm planning on doing a tournament in New Orleans. It'll either be at my house, or at a venue near my house. If I can secure a gym or something of that nature, I'll get some people from out of state to come. I'll have more information tomorrow after I've called a few places I have in mind. If it is in a venue, I'll be able to house like ten people. Lol.

eet

Smash Ace
Did Ian win the poke tourney?
The pokemon tournament ended up not happening for a lack of people showing up. The main idea was for people to show up and just chill with others to play pokemon. I turned it into a tournament when I found out alot of people were interested.

But I ended up not being able to make it as well as alot of other people. Only 6 people showed up, none of them planning to enter the tourny.

-Curlz

eet

Smash Ace
Ill be over there sat night for the smashfest, but I think I have work Sat so itll be liek 10 but w/e. And Im gonna actually request off for Smash reformation 2 so I can go lol

Sudai

Stuff here
lol Eric requesting off for a tournament?

I'm gonna be at the Smashfest thing too, but like him I'll be late. Goin to my hometown on Saturday. Fun times to be had there. Ahahah. I guess I'll go to Smash Reformation too. All I do when I don't go to tournies is hang out with Eric or my Family and I don't want to hang out with my family on a Friday night during the summer (cause I get out of school eaarrllyyy? *goes check* lol, it's my last day of classes, w/e, I'll go and celebrate).

This post was a lot longer than it was supposed to be? <2

Turazrok

Smash Master
My chances of smash reformation 2 just shot down a ton. I found out it's the weekend before exams, and well, I really need straight A's. :( I was gonna try and get top 10 :O

ChKn

Smash Ace
lol I have to go to graduation the day after, so I won't be able to go to SR2. :( Hopefully, I'll be able to attend more OoT tournaments.

Turazrok

Smash Master
no one in your life will ever care if you got an A or a B on that exam, why not get ***** in Melee? :lol:
I want to get good grades so I can get a scholarship to the University of Miami so I can take marine biology while ****** melee. I'm better than last time, exponentially. Finally learned how to waveshine/multishine/desync.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Lol, everyone and their grandma can waveshine. Even people who don't play Fox can. It's a prerequisite for playing the game.

'V'

Smash Lord
I find that hilarious, because like I said, I can't, I main fox, and I know for a fact I'm better than the 3 people who have brought it up. lolol
Now you know full well that you can waveshine. You just choose not to. You abuse the U-tilt instead. =P

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I cannot waveshine, nor can I go to the tourney. But yea. I was just kidding sudai. You're better than me backwards upside down doing the brolly(?) challenge. :chuckle:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Any chance you guys are gonna have a tournament sometime between May 15 and May 22 or so? I'll be in town for about a week to a week and a half tops before heading off to Los Angeles for the summer.

eet

Smash Ace
You guys are thinking waveshining once = being able to waveshine. but in order to utilize it you have to be able to waveshine floaty chars in a chain until you can finish with either chasing their DI of the shine off the edge into a shine spike, or waveshine into an upsmash (into maybe an uair depending on DI) -- anyway if you dont do either of those you jus did like 6 damage and shined them away for no rsn.

anyway.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Any chance you guys are gonna have a tournament sometime between May 15 and May 22 or so? I'll be in town for about a week to a week and a half tops before heading off to Los Angeles for the summer.
Looks like its time for another Death Valley Brawl. xD

Sudai

Stuff here
No Vaughn, I -can't- wave shine. It's like Eric said. Every now and then you'll see me do one and be like "****! No combo :[" or on the super rare occasion I'll waveshine grab/USmash someone but that's super rare. You are right that I love my UTilt though. :D

Oh, and BSL, I don't really care if I'm better than anyone, just trying to point out that doing shine trixxies != skill.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Took me way longer than it should've to get that pic.

Ran said something about a tourney on the 15th in nola.

By August I'll have my own car. My dad an bought inexpensive one so that he'll have something to drive around in until he gets a new one. The old one becomes mine in around august. I'll still be able to drive it when I need once I get my drivers license. More smash for me :D

Turazrok

Smash Master
You guys are thinking waveshining once = being able to waveshine. but in order to utilize it you have to be able to waveshine floaty chars in a chain until you can finish with either chasing their DI of the shine off the edge into a shine spike, or waveshine into an upsmash (into maybe an uair depending on DI) -- anyway if you dont do either of those you jus did like 6 damage and shined them away for no rsn.

anyway.
I can do that. :) I just can't multishine with fox, shinegrab, and multishine more than twice with falco. Working on it.

Sudai

Stuff here
Shine grab is the most useful thing you can't do then. Multi-shine past 2 is risky and useless.

Learning to Shine grab means now you can grab as a legitimate approach. Nothing beats approaching with DAir > Shine, being able to pillar again, throwing out another shine, shine grab, or wave shine behind them. The best part? It's a never ending loop from there making it a true guessing game on how to punish you if you're smart.

-Ran

Smash Master
Woah. I have not been here in ages...
Are there still Brawl tournaments at Dibbz?
We haven't been doing them at Dibbz. I do plan to start hosting tournaments for the summer months though. Probably not at Dibbz though, since I want to get people from out of state to come.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Shine grab is the most useful thing you can't do then. Multi-shine past 2 is risky and useless.

Learning to Shine grab means now you can grab as a legitimate approach. Nothing beats approaching with DAir > Shine, being able to pillar again, throwing out another shine, shine grab, or wave shine behind them. The best part? It's a never ending loop from there making it a true guessing game on how to punish you if you're smart.
Figured out shinegrab. I do most shine stuff with the control stick now T_T.

Top Bottom