• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

bks

Smash Cadet
NNID
byronjr
I've had it for over a year now and its pretty much amazing. I can play online and stream (Netflix/Music/"iTunes") from another computer no problem. It is a ****load cheaper than cox and it UI and customer service is also light years ahead as well. Definitely worth the price but the only downside is that because it uses fiber optics the speeds can vary depending on how many users are in the same area or some **** that the rep told me. They also don't pull that bull**** where they charge you $50 for a tech to come out even though they ****ed up on their end.
Yea, they ****ed us with that $50 crap. Besides that, the service was great

:phone:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Is he implying that he's going to "**** up that guy's ****" or is he implying that he is about to "**** **** up and choke away games"? I can't quite decide which way I want to interpret that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Talk to me about options for a new computer. I really like the freedom a laptop offers, but mine is really beat up and about either 3 or four years old, I can't remember. I could theoretically still use it if I get a desktop which will last me longer. I want a computer that is going to last me for awhile.

I'm willing to invest in upgrading it some past defaults (God, RAM is the first thing I'm getting).

I want to play some games on it, but I'm not a big PC gamer (I prefer console for shooters if that gives you an idea how much I care about PC gaming). I really don't care about playing on high settings. I can live with low end settings and less than perfect FPS. I'm looking to play things ranging from Diablo III to PSO2 to CS:GO to good ole' League of Legends. I would like to be capable of streaming them and still playing.

I would really like to not have to buy a new computer for at least the next five years. Being able to upgrade the video card a few years down the road is imperative because I am ****ing tired of running into that issue with my last two laptops.

I am unwilling to spend a thousand dollars on a computer. I would like to keep it under $800. I can wait a little while on a deal, but I want it soon. DEFINITELY before the year is out. Preferably before November.

Talk to me. Desktop or laptop? Which ones? Why? Give me options for both. Is my price request unrealistic? If so, what should I be thinking?

If I think you are serious and suggesting that I get a Mac, then I will add you to my ignore list. Linux is not something I'm going to run. I am a PC man and will stay a PC man.

(If you look in the AL thread, you'll see the same post)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
If you know what you are doing. Get a desktop so that way it's easier to replace outdated hardware. If you get a laptop, don't go with Alienware. It's made by Dell and Dell makes P.O.S computers.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
800 bucks will get you a virtual top of the line desktop. And a laptop with about half the or less the power. Your choice. Build a desktop and upgrade it later.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I'm in losers semis now

Ima try my best to get 2nd to rep dat LA
Wat, any notables there?

Newegg.com is your friend. If you have the know how to build a comp from parts you can skate out of there with a nice rig for ~$500, maybe less. I got a premade from there for $550 and I can run LoL along with various other programs simultaneously with no problem

Top Bottom