• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
That being said most of Middle Tennessee plays Project M, myself being a backroom member. Though I am hosting Brawl and Melee as well in hopes that it bring plenty of people out of the wood works. You host anything with PM and eventually we will travel to it.
We're hosting Project M at Smashcon's Summer edition (Summercon). So if you guys can make it June 29th-30th, we'd love to have you. I know there's plenty of people who play project M, but I don't have a foot in that community to really get people together. We still host it at events for those who are interested.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
if you could direct me to the Smashcon event link. Ill see about getting a group together to go to this. Normally myself, Mr.Pickle, Alex615, and Yoshiiscool (and occasionally Beorn4200) travel together for tournaments.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
if you could direct me to the Smashcon event link. Ill see about getting a group together to go to this. Normally myself, Mr.Pickle, Alex615, and Yoshiiscool (and occasionally Beorn4200) travel together for tournaments.
We only just confirmed a date for the convention a few days ago. Here's the link to our state circuit thread: http://www.smashboards.com/threads/louisiana-state-circuit.330574/. For right now, all I know is that it will be for June 29th and 30th, which is a Saturday-Sunday. When the thread for the convention is made, the link will be inbeded where is says Summercon. Currently my friend is working out the kinks in the schedule that we want to have and should have the thread made soon. I'm going to ask him tonight how his progress is coming and try to get an idea for you guys how soon the thread will be made. Just keep an eye on this because I'll be keeping everyone I've reached out to, posted about details for this event.

Edit: Thanks for showing your interest good sir.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Bad ass. Keep us in the loop and we will do what we can to make it out. Would you guys be able to give housing? That would make it even more manageable. I'll throw some stuff out about you guys at Kaos Theory too and see if I can get some brawl hype from TN as well.

Bomber7

Smash Hero

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I imagine everything you say as being largely sarcastic KOKingpin. I blame the avatar.
Hahahaha I love this avatar. I can assure you I am serious about attending some LA events. I've actually never attended one before and I've been to a ton of tournaments.

-Ran

Smash Master
What's really hood LA thread? Is this Citrus person an attractive woman? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be at Friday Night Fights this Friday if any of you still go to that. I miss everyone that I know.
If you will be there.... I might show up. :)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hahahaha I love this avatar. I can assure you I am serious about attending some LA events. I've actually never attended one before and I've been to a ton of tournaments.
I know for sure you are going to have a lot of fun when you come down here. We have a bunch of great guys in our community, and quite a number of good players you'll enjoy playing against. :)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Ah, summercon. Right. That's what happened at the end of June. Looks like I'm out for KC.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Just to let everyone know, there's a charity tournament at Play N Trade in Lafayette on May 4.

Partnered with the Boys & Girls Club
$6 entry ($3 into the pot / $3 goes to charity)

Mario Kart Wii - 2pm
Brawl - 4pm
Playstation All Stars - 4pm
Injustice - 6pm

Will post thread soon.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
My chances of going to Who's Tyler are looking pretty good right now. Gunner, u still willing to give me a lift? I has monies.

And JNig be lurking here all the time, I be seeing him. JNig if u see this then let us know what the **** is up bro.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Excellent. And of course! I can't wait for that ****. LA wrecked Who's Tyler last time, even after me and JNig proved to be awful partners...
Yeah I try to name bait JNig to respond every time I see him lurking, but he's unwavering in his seclusion.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I am the best lurker, get at me.

I've just been working every damn weekend for a while now so I haven't been able to go to anything. And I've only touched the game once since the last tourney I went to, sooooooooo maybe I'm semi-retired atm?

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
They took away multiquote with this new **** apparently but let's hope I get everyone.

@Ran #SWUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURVE

@ Adam N-Word, u never told me what time it is. Katy Perry >>> Kate Upton

@JNIG #MahNigga

@SexyRyu What's up bby, long time no see :)

Adam!

Smash Apprentice
I just texted you Jio. And of course Okuser would like that I stopped playing. I'd like it too if I stopped getting bodied every tounament

BSP

Smash Legend
Good news: the ruleset for the smash tournament doesn't ban infinite stalling :troll:
Bad news: apparently it's Melee for some reason >__________>

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Got four tests to study for. All of them are on Tuesday, so **** me. Can't make it to the tournament today. :(

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
If you make it out today guys. Park across the street at the post office Level up has a small parking lot.

D

Deleted member

I find it funny that in a game where you can't jump off the ledge until your invincibility is over, stalling is an issue, but in a game where you can get real ledge invincibility it is not.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Is the first game Brawl and the second one Melee?
If so, you're mistaken. You can leave the ledge while you're still invincible. It's one of the reasons people complain about MK. A frame perfect MK can grab the ledge, drop off, up air, then grab again while completely invincible.

D

Deleted member

How sure of that are you? I really thought you couldn't drop off the ledge while you had invincibility in brawl. Only use the built in options of getting off.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Don't forget guys, Get Hype #8 is next weekend. For those going to the Slidell Monthly, I hope you guys have fun! :D

Top Bottom