• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
I guess ShyG did quit, and Taylor...a few of us have images of him digging through trash cans looking for cigarette buds.. :( (thanks a lot cyphus! :p)

RAM

Smash Lord
Hey Manko You should have seen me at INN 4 I did pretty well for a big tourny.

9th in singles ( GAwes asked me to help him make his Luigi Better which made me feel good that someone would ask me for help )

me and my brother The New Orlenas Connection got 5th in teams ( just 2 wins away from the Loser finals or something like that )

and I got 2nd in Low Tiers, could have had first but a surprise victory came into play leaving me with a win short of getting first. all and all 2nd place paid for my gas on the way home ^_^

and to top it all off I have a surprise for Get committed if I practice my new Secondary hard enough he may be the first char I use beside's Luigi in a tournament EVER!!! also it's nice that the Best Samus in Florida Possible the entire South put a nice word out there for me. Gracias :)

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Twally, I would love nothing more than to play your friend's Luigi, except to finally play RAM.
RAM, who's your second? I've been playing around with different people, but it always comes back to Luigi.

RAM

Smash Lord
I bounce around every now and again. I went thru Doc, Falcon, a whole bunch but I picked Ganon Back up and he's better then he was when I first played him. I have watching Joe Bushman to thank while watching him play Darkrain for me picking up the power house again and I'm staying with him this time. but for the hell of it in Friendlies in Low Tiers this is who I play with

Luigi ( forever and ever )
Ganon
Falcon
Mario
Doc
DK
Link
Bowser
Ness ( every blue moon )
Kriby ( every blue moon )
Pikachu
Yoshi

Tournament Play
Luigi
Ganon ( soon to come )

that's my line up ^_^

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
impressive feats at sa7 RAM. congrats, even though i don't play luigi, i'm proud of ya =)
i can't wait for our rematch. I'm cool w/ doc vs. luigi best 2 outta 3, again. heh.

Although sadly, i'll be using Falco about as much as doc in future tournies, on stages with platforms since doc gets ***** on them.

Cyphus's current roster:
Doc, Falco
IceClimbers, Zelda, Fox, Link, Samus
Mr.G&W, Kirby, Bowza

RAM

Smash Lord
lol I was even better at INN4 then SA7 and I actually Practice now. me and my brother was playing My Ganon versus his Shiek with no lives or Time Limit for about 2 hours. it was intense and Thanks It's cool that you are proud of me and it was awesome getting 9th only Using Luigi but I want to stay getting top 10 as much as possible. I'm also proud of you knowing one of the best Doc's in the south came from my State. That's sweet. but I'm looking forward to my rematch as well.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Speaking of which . . . are we going to have a tourney coming up so said rematches can take place? *hopes for a non-wednesday tourney that I can actually go to though my track record for tourney attendence blows at the moment*

fox masta

Smash Cadet
hey its Mo again. i just read like the last 2 pages of the thread about RAMs luigi and then i watched the video. Im sorry Iceman, but i wasnt impressed at all. RAM.. im not saying ur luigi is bad, its definitely above average, but twally's friend's luigi (who is actually my bro) is a lot better. if any of yall played him during the the tournament, u know he is pretty good, and to tell u the truth, he played like sh*t during the tourny compared to his usuall luigi cause he made a pledge like 2 weeks before that he wouldnt play until the tourny (god knows why) anyways, ya my bro's/twally's friend's luigi is a lot better...in my opinion

RAM

Smash Lord
You're entitled to your opinion but that video is a few months old when I played Cyphus in this Vid I only had 2 months and 3 weeks of Experience under my belt. I've Improved a whole lot since then especially after Smash Aid 7. that and I was'nt on my A game in that set with Cyphus either but no Excuses. but if I'm ever at a tourny again in LA I'll challenge that guys Luigi, actions speak louder then words my friend :) I hope I did'nt sound cocky btw :(

fox masta

Smash Cadet
ok RAM, u sound like a pretty cool guy. whenever you come to LA, just give me a post that your here and you can play my bros luigi

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
RAM said:
I bounce around every now and again. I went thru Doc, Falcon, a whole bunch but I picked Ganon Back up and he's better then he was when I first played him. I have watching Joe Bushman to thank while watching him play Darkrain for me picking up the power house again and I'm staying with him this time. but for the hell of it in Friendlies in Low Tiers this is who I play with
I also went through Doc, Falco, and Ganon. Unlike you, I tried Sheik, Falcon, and Marth, too. But I had to give all of them up quickly so I wouldn't become a tierwhore. Now my second is Pika (don't laugh), I dabble with Roy (again, don't laugh), and I have fun with Link. But Luigi's awesome.

RAM

Smash Lord
To be Honest I've been playing around Link also LOL he's too fun but hard as hell to play I L cancle and sffl 100% with him and Rice he still 4 stocked me LMAO!!!!!!!!! rice have gotten out of control. and will do Fox Masta Will do, should be fun on a bun.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I wish Link were endowed with sword skills like Marth, or at least like Roy, then he'd be amazing. But of course they gave the greatest swordsman in gaming history the slowest sword in Melee. In Brawl he needs a slick sword. And so does Luigi.
Bye the way, panhandlers, this may seem like a noob question, but how did you get those pictures in your sigs? A lot of people have one, but I can't figure out how to do it. Luigi *****.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
[~img]http://www.imagehost/folder/pic.gif[/img~] (remove the ~'s)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
*loves Link to death*

Fun *** character to play, and you can get off some cool looking combos with him. But I swear, I'd give anything away for him to move just a bit faster. >_>

And yeah, I've been fooling with him for a while now; and Tony's marth is starting to hate my Link.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I want to play. I'd like to bring a few friends if I can, maybe my entire graduating class(both from Catholic and LSU), everyone I know from New Roads, and the 1972 Dolphins. I hope Tim has room.
On a more serious note, when do you want to play? Luigi *****.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the sarcasm, partner. eet, when are you playing? I need practice. I took a break from playing MetaKnight and I've been messing around with Pit and Sonic the Hedgehog. I might even learn how to play Luigi, I don't know. Ice4Life.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I just want to let everyone know that I'm a convert, and I'm playing Luigi now.

Still love Mario, but I'm dabbling with Luigi as well.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Sars, I'm glad you finally understand the awesome power of Luigi. And someday, like a phoenix out of the ashes, Luigi will rise up and become the greatest and most used character on Smash. However, this will be a harsh day for real Luigi players, for then we will be called tierwhores, while people root for the underdog Marth and Fox.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
PFFFT, Marth and Fox are nothing. >_>;;;

BTW, does anyone here make use of Lui's up-B frequently as a mode of attack? I never understood why people work to perfect rest combos but there aren't many Luigi rising fire combos or whatever it's called. <_< I WILL BE TEH PROGENITOR

RAM

Smash Lord
actually I do . I'm always looking for a oppurtunity to strike especially against Marth's when they wiff a Grab or F smash. and if I get the chance against a fast faller and I'm juggling them I might attempt it now and then depending on the stage and the Fast Faller. Also Drephen is known to using the UP B.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_> Thanks Twally, but I kinda already know that. And I saw Drephen play a few times, but never saw him really release it the way I want the move to be used. I think it's got potential to be a real threat rather than a novel attack.

*loves RAM for using it*

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol @ people.

Luigi kinna sux at edgeguarding compared to most, no offense, but he hogs the same as everyone, so if you can just edgehog and make someone UpB onto the stage (like marth or sheik) just climb up and UpB them during their landing lag.
I learned that from watching Azen's Luigi at FC6.

RAM

Smash Lord
that's a good way of using it the way Azen does. it works wonders against sheik if they're high enough if they are still low on Damage just use your back throw and continue this until you feel the UP B would kill them. they don't have much of a choice when they recover it's either being edgehogged or getting on the level and wait for a punishing attack. if the Sheik is hoping the explosion from the vanish attack would hit, then the Luigi should'nt stay there and let them back on or else . but another is if you're lucky and someone miss an L cancel for an aerial attack you can either

A.) Sidestep and catch them with it

B.) Something I found out today while messing around while I practice is you can Sheild and Immediately UP B out of the sheild * don't laugh I never knew that* I still have to practice it so I can work it into actual matches. anyway I know a few more Up B tricks I'm just not confident into using them in actual tourny matches. :(

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Up-B from a shield seems like it'll fail though since I'd never seem to get near enough to actually use it. Most people are already afraid to get grabbed from a shield, so they can distance themself away after an aerial. Just a though. >_> I'm going to try and do throw combos into the up-b now. Jiggly can U-throw to rest, why can't I?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
985-232-5410.
if anyone wants to make the trip to Houma, give me notice and you can most deffinately spend the night at me or lee's place.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Um, yeah.

504-231-6099 but can't promise too much out of me. >> Wish I could play with yall but everyone has to live away . . .

Top Bottom