• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
Loooll I won a lot more than that BR tourney but I wont go on listing, too long. Yea poker and smash are pretty damn different but I wont try convincing you of that. $10 really isn't bad, but I honestly don't give a damn, was just throwing it out there. I'm always pushing entry fees (even for smash tournies that I know I have 0% chance of winning). Regardless I still most prob won't come because it'll be pretty late. Btw, winning at your place certainly wouldnt "prove I'm good" or increase my pride in the least bit.

Mr3ballRyRyDaddy

Smash Cadet
Would a lot of you guys be down to attend a sort of smash fest ordeal at a big house near lsu campus? It would just be a bunch of friendlies and MM for whoever wanted to bet. Maybe have like a two dollar entry fee to go towards communal beer/pizza.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Also hoping for the rest of the P:M videos to be listed.
@ Metmetm3t Metmetm3t
Even if you don't have info for who's in what video and whether or not they are tourney matches, you should still list/upload them so we can see them
I'm sure the players in them will be more than happy to help you figure out who's who and what's what.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
That's not all of them is it? I had a match vs a Lucario player (Avery I think was his name? Not 100% sure) that I really enjoyed and wanted to go back and watch, I played it almost immediately after my match with Crush, on the same set-up.
plus who knows how many friendlies happened. You could probably just tag them as "WinterCon2014 Friendlies" or something of the like, should be able to tell by whether or not they struck stages.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
That's the show. I don't record friendlies except by special request, because that would add hours of editing nonsense.

If there had been enough internet to livestream the twitch vods would have been available but (╥﹏╥)

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
That's the show. I don't record friendlies except by special request, because that would add hours of editing nonsense.

If there had been enough internet to livestream the twitch vods would have been available but (╥﹏╥)
That's too bad. That set I had vs the Lucario player was a tourney set, oh well.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
lol im not about to risk driving in that weather after 200+ accidents
Yet we still had people come in from TX and even as far as FL. ;)

Also, if you're worried about accidents, just go buy a tank. I heard the Abrhams drives like a Cadillac.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I was more surprised at the lack of cold hands johns. Cold hands suck, but heaters and hot water are your friends.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I was more surprised at the lack of cold hands johns. Cold hands suck, but heaters and hot water are your friends.
Fortunately Laser Tag was at a comfortable temperature. I can't imagine why people would want to go outside (in the first place) and get cold hands. Though I'd expect more "tired" johns than anything else - early rise and a long commute to the venue is pretty distasteful.

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
I'll tired john right now....was up for like 27 hours before singles in 64 started. just kidding that didn't matter

Mr3ballRyRyDaddy

Smash Cadet
Ill post it again since everyone disregarded me last time :sadeyes:
Would a lot of you guys be down to attend a sort of smash fest ordeal at a big house near lsu campus? It would just be a bunch of friendlies and MM for whoever wanted to bet. Maybe have like a two dollar entry fee to go towards communal beer/pizza.

Mr3ballRyRyDaddy

Smash Cadet
At the very least brawl. Everyone is welcomed to bring whatever setup they want though. It's a house right off of state street across from tiger manor. Im not sure when it is going to be, but I just wanted to see whether or not anyone would be about it. Just a laid back smash day or more intense if people wanted to MM. We could also have a free tourney (besides the couple dollar entry fee) if anyone wanted to do that.

Sudai

Stuff here
Probably better to just let people throw together their own beer/pizza money among themselves since not everyone would want beer/pizza and that's typically how we do it. Venue fee for a smashfest would be silly.

Sudai

Stuff here
I mean, w/e's fine. People would probably go for either. I'd say just gauge interest in a tourney when people are there since they're easy to set up on the spot.

Emanxlr8r

Smash Rookie
hypest tournament in the world on tech campus yall. check it. All doubles. your partner is random. single elimination. all items on. all stages on. ONE setup on a projector. half the freshmen on tech and their high school bff is expected to participate. wish us luck. Me and @Ramsaur are going XD

Top Bottom