• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Yes, one could say that the tournament is official. Stephen, the manager at Gameware, told me that there will be one on Wednesday at 1pm. Also, for the side, I'd like to see low tier-teams.

Randall

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
1,500th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
*jizzes on everyone*

ok...i know there isn't alot of notice for most of us, but hopefully we can still get a decent number of people to show.
Who all will come? and won't?

If me and lee come, we promise to bring a 27 inch TV, cuz last time was pretty gay, but we want someone else to bring a big TV, too.That way 2 big TVs = SEXY.

gas is expensive as it is, so if there isn't at least 10 people showing, i doubt me and lee will go, since even if either of us win with 10 entrants, it'll prolly not even cover the gas -___-

and i'm down for low tier again...eet won't beat me like last time again. X(
or if its teams, thats cool too.
Or if people are bored enough, Cyphus' Official Luck Tournament is still a sexy idea waiting for use. All items on very high. characters are random and stage set only to counter-pick levels.

and as always, me and lee will be accepting any/all MMs XD

fox masta

Smash Cadet
is there anyway that we could do a tourny of saturday? if so, i could get about 4 or 5 to show...and more importantly...its my BIRTHDAY and my parents will still be out of town :) YEAH FOR MEE!!! Ahem...so ya... anyone want to do a tourny sat, aug 19? I can bring a TV, its only like 18 inchs though :( but hey, it doesnt matter where, what, when, or on what you smash.....as long as you smash :)

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
bleh..yea..me and lee obviously didn't go...considering if you're at the tournament, we're not there...and if you didn't go to the tournament..you're reading this.

Good luck to ya'll 4-man tournament. Go Eet.

fox masta

Smash Cadet
wait your parents will be out of town? or time?..either way we can all smash at your house if you want friday...

anyway see you guys in an hour
My bad. I meant to say my parents will be out of town. But there's no way I could get everyone to come over and smash at my house. Is there anyway that we could have a tourny at the mall Saturday, or even Sunday??

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
wtf@only 9 people showing up . . .

Also, Tony, Ryan, and I got together and played Smash at Tony's house in Slidell.

Tony's Marth has gotten better and is starting to incorporate newer combos and more mindgames into his style of play. Ryan, who hasn't played Jiggz and Falco forever because of WoW, still played really well and his Falco's faster than before. >_> He seriously got me from like 0-80% in a few seconds. Dude's got massive pillaring skills, and once he gets his tempo, his jiggz is really potent as well.

As for me, I rock with everyone. >_> We've got to play against Ricky or something soon . . . Colin actually got a call from Ricky and asked me to come to his tourney but I was still in Slidell and couldn't make it. :(

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
NickNyte, do you like Luigi? I'm gonna have to learn how to play with Falco so I can make you look bad next time. Sex kick 4 life.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
XFD

That'd be sweet as hell, and I just want to ****ing go to something!!! XD It's killing me!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
All of my New Orleans people, I think Colin told me something about Ricky going to the next gametrader tourney so if that does happen, it'd be a good experience to play against him, Ray, and John. >_> If there is truth to this, I'll be going as well.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Um, it's the Gametrader at the Esplanade Mall, but I'm not 100% sure if this really is going down.

It's going to start at 6, and I think it's singles only. I don't have too much info on it though since I've never gone yet, but when Ryan went he said it was a bit of a hassle -_-;;;

Course, it'd be cool if it's all straightened out and everything, plus I'd get to play against Eet which is, like, a huge bonus.

eet

Smash Ace
EETs this awesome guy who plays various characters and beats everyone with all of them...

btw to everyone at LSU, whos rdy to play smash in the union everyday again lol i know i am....

mmm..i miss those jalapeno chicken pizza things they made...

anyway, i have no idea when labor day is, but aparently everyone wants a tourny then so...someone should set it up... *looks around........ sigh*

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Are we really gonna try to play in the Union again? Cause I'm up for that.

To everyone else who reads this- if you have any ideas about a place to play Labor Day weekend, then throw them out there. The problem with making tournies around here ain't the amount of people who play or the times of the tournies, it's usually the fact that there's no place to play.

On a side note, it's my 100th post. Yay! Can I get a HooHah two times Tuesday?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
the only bad thing about reaching 1,000 posts is that u have nothing to look forward to.
2000 posts? NOT as cool as 1,000.
even 10,000 posts isn't as cool as 1,000. because theres a zero in between the 1 and comma.
Only 1,000,000 posts is as sexy as 1000.

hm... post number 666, 777, and 1337 are also pretty cool. as well as 1234. But i'm at 1,500 now..and i have nothing to look forward to until 1,000,000. :( Dark days fall apon me now...

but yea, i'm awesome. We need a tourney(with at least 5 days of advance notice :p)

TX is having their big tournament, HOST, the labor day weekend(sat. and sun) monday = no school for everyone.

Anybody interested in carpooling there for their big tornament? its in 2 weeks, and i'm sure it'll have at least 50 people.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Nah. I aint carpoolin to Houston when I could stay here and Florida can still access us. Besides, I can't even go that far. I may be 18 but I'm still under over protective...guardians if you will :D

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

So like to everyone who's interested or whatever, Ricky and John are definitely going to the Esplanade tourney on Wednesday which starts at 6. If Colin can go, he'll give me a ride; and we'll show up and own.

[edit] Oh, and about H.O.S.T., isn't it supposed to have a really big pot? And somebody said something about if PC Chris doesn't have classes or something, then he might make an appearance also so that's something to look forward to, eh?

And ah, if I get modded on Gfaqs I get 1337 karma >_>

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for raining on my friggin parade Cyphus. I'm all happy about breaking the century mark, and you start talking about 4 digits. How about this, we'll make you your own thread, and everything you want to brag about (all the ''I'm awesome'' posts, the last post, etc) you can put in that thread. That way we mortals are happy, you're happy, everyone's happy.
Also, thanks for the HooHah, Nyte. It made my day.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
iceman.
u should pay attention to fox masta. He speaks the truth.

iunno if me and lee are gong to that esplanade tourney. I kinna lost faith in mapquest when i did a search from "Houma" to the "Esplanade Mall" and it gave me a detailed map and step by step directions going into BATON ROUGE.(?!)
Plus Lee is like blind and hate splaying on small TVs, and he's half my gas money if we'd go. So iunno...
Any info on the settup, participation, fee, time of use, etc would be well appreciated.

RAM

Smash Lord
When I use to go it was always 5 bucks single Elimination and like 2 setups bascially no Friendlies and just watch Noobs play until real players have their match. still it is free store credit if ya win. that's How I bought my gamecube and a few games ^_^

Top Bottom