• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Yea Sam. Is open world still going to be available when Bomber leaves? Cause I don't see why you couldn't just pick up where he left off. Shadow him for the next one and just get advice from the community and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yea Sam. Is open world still going to be available when Bomber leaves? Cause I don't see why you couldn't just pick up where he left off. Shadow him for the next one and just get advice from the community and you'll be fine.
That would be a great idea and huge convenience for me. Iv'e tried looking for an apprentice before to eventually take my position when I left this year, but no one was ever interested. But YES, Open World will continue when I step down as a TO. The plan is right now for the owner, Gary, to take over. After the next Open World, I am going to be teaching him as much as I can concerning how we do things in smash tournaments because he has no clue right now, but is willing to learn (so for future reference, please be patient with him).

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
That would be a great idea and huge convenience for me. Iv'e tried looking for an apprentice before to eventually take my position when I left this year, but no one was ever interested. But YES, Open World will continue when I step down as a TO. The plan is right now for the owner, Gary, to take over. After the next Open World, I am going to be teaching him as much as I can concerning how we do things in smash tournaments because he has no clue right now, but is willing to learn (so for future reference, please be patient with him).
You looked? Dang must've missed that. I probably could've done it. But you got this Sam :)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
You looked? Dang must've missed that. I probably could've done it. But you got this Sam :)
I was looking around the time I hosted stuff at Coscino's, however no one was interested. You were at Alabama at the time, sadly. If Sam is interested, I wouldn't have an issue with him shadowing me and helping me run this next Open World. However he needs to want it bad enough. I'm not going to hand over my event to someone who will quit after a few events because it's too hard or there's too many complaints and hate (not that I'm saying he will but just a person in general).

Bestrin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4656-9213-2468

I would love to help out during the summer if needed. Unfortunately I can't continue into the school year because Open World becomes a 4.5-hours drive instead of a 5-minute drive. Anything to keep the community strong!

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I've just been asked to run the Smash portion of a big Louisiana tournament coming up in June at Open World Cafe. Here's the Facebook event, go there and make sure you can go. I'm strongly considering not entering anything myself, or maybe only one event, just so I can make this event the best it can be. I've been around the block plenty of times to know how a tourney should be run, and now I can put my best efforts into doing so. The Louisiana FGC will also be coming in full force, so I want to see as many of you guys as possible to match their hype. I'll get all the details sorted out and the thread up very soon, so stay tuned.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I would love to help out during the summer if needed. Unfortunately I can't continue into the school year because Open World becomes a 4.5-hours drive instead of a 5-minute drive. Anything to keep the community strong!
I'm looking for someone who would be reliable all year around, no seasonally. I'd prefer a local as well.

Samsora

Smash Apprentice
Im sorry guys, but I'm not interested in hosting tournament. I just like to attend.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Just got to this random Brawl tourney at UNO, and it is looking like a 30+ entrants, starts at 7:30 at the university center gallery lounge if anyone can make it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm sure you guys have noticed we don't have a thread for BRM this month. From what Erick tells me, BRM won't happen this month, maybe not for a little while (maybe another month), because he's trying to transition TO's right now. With Jwulf expecting a baby soon and Erick trying to help out, there's not much time to run a BR event right now. Sorry for this inconvenience guys.

I will be making the Open World event thread soon. Gotta take care of a couple of things first. Good luck tonight at that random UNO event.

Edit: Open World #5 - http://smashboards.com/threads/open-world-monthly-5-april-19th-2014.351503/#post-16550211

Last one I'll be hosting personally. These events will not stop just because I am stepping down. Please continue to support these events. Thanks to everyone who's ever supported my events, it's been an honor and priviledge as well as a huge blast!

One last thing, to anyone who's ever given me unreasonable crap and foolishness over my events - go pound sand.

Last edited:

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
So I've got a tournament in the works in May at ICE Computer Cafe in Metairie, and I have two dates available to me: Sunday, May 11th, or Friday, May 16th. On Sunday, they are closed to the public so I can start whenever, which will probably be around noon or early afternoon. On Friday, I can only start at 8pm due to their hours of business end at 8, but they're willing to run events afterwards. Which date would be best for you guys? Who knows, if this gets big enough, it could be the start of something consistent! They even already are promoting monthly Smash tournaments!!!!

EDIT: Working on The Golden Chariot thread as we speak, summer is looking real nice right now!

Last edited:

VVB

SD Champ
Is Lafayette P:M/Melee players anywhere on this thread? All of our crew is gone except 2 of us :(.

We're thinking about playing tomorrow - We need to get some new blood. Let me know if anyone is interested in smashin'.

Edit: Okay - So far, we've got about 7 people good to play for tomorrow night @ 7pm. Bring yo self.

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hey everyone. I posted in here a long ass time ago and went to a tournament in early 2011 to watch and had a SF4 setup (very rude of me in retrospect). I want to get to know the local Smash community better after being well acquainted with the LAFGC.

I don't know when I'll be able to go to tournaments as they all interfere with my work schedule, but I'd love to meet up with you guys one day.

VVB

SD Champ
Hey everyone. I posted in here a long *** time ago and went to a tournament in early 2011 to watch and had a SF4 setup (very rude of me in retrospect). I want to get to know the local Smash community better after being well acquainted with the LAFGC.

I don't know when I'll be able to go to tournaments as they all interfere with my work schedule, but I'd love to meet up with you guys one day.
What city are you from?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Luling . I was mostly in Baton Rouge for four years for college.

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
Hey guys I just made the facebook page and smashboards thread for the next LSU Monthly. We're looking into the money thing at the moment so stay tuned to hear about that. Also we've changed some rules for n64 and a lot of behind the scenes stuff in regards to running the tournament so this one should run a lot smoother than the last one.

https://www.facebook.com/events/315710091887328/?ref=22

Hope you guys can make it out

Last edited:

BirdyBirds

Smash Cadet
Get Good Biweekly 3 was great! larger venue and more diverse (better) players showed up than last time! wish others would have came back, Ram, Gunner, but the new people were great too. i'll post my shoutouts on the official Get Good Biweekly thread later.

Pritch

Smash Lord
If new orleans is your general area then yes, there's a decent number of us. If you're into melee/project m there's a lot of us over near tulane/uptown/midcity, as well as a few out in metarie. Pm me a phone number and I'll try to hit you up next time we smash.

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
Cool dude. I'm really looking to get in to Project M, but I don't have the means to play it. If you guys wouldn't mind showing me a few things or two, I would greatly appreciate it.

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
I used to play Vanilla Brawl with my friends from school and it was nice and all, but then I saw Project M, and that looked fantastic. Coming from Brawl where I thought I knew all the characters to PM, it was like a whole new game altogether. Like for instance, I liked using R.O.B. in vanilla Brawl, but he looks sick in PM. But I'll definitely try to catch up with you guys.

Top Bottom