• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
If we crew against NO, they DO NOT get anyone from Houma, namely the Cyphus and Lee connection. Other than that, I think the BR/NO matchup would be pretty even.
Oh, and thanks for the kind words, ShyGuy.

RAM

Smash Lord
are yall having a tourny this week? or thinking about it cause I'll be in New Orleans this week and if ppl from New Orleans are going can I carpool with ya? RAM would be most pleased. ( and I can give a lil something something for gas if needed ) I can't take the truck cause my dad will be using it.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
if theres a smashfest, plese let me know, guys. =)
doesn't matter if its a tourney or not. I'm dying for some fresh meat and see how people have improved. Especially the peole who i haven't fought in a long time/ever. I'm talking to YOU, RAM, Sirska, Iceman, etc.

Well seeing as how houma has officially been disowned from all other smash cities...i guess its time i make Houma its own Crew Banner.

This going to be said w/ only 2 people XDXDXD

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

When we do hold this massive Louisiana Smash Tourney, let's make sure we can get it down on a weekend. XD Don't think I can make it if it's held on a Wednesday again.

Also, somebody told me he's hosting something at his house this weekend. But I don't know how many people he can accomodate, so I didn't want to say anything yet lest a flood of responses comes in. But if it turns out that he's more than willing to let everyone in, than I'd be the first to spread the news.

And man I'm so excited to play. XD If something does happen at Labor Day, it's going to be sick.

>_>

But should we do a 20 v 20? Also what happened to Bermuda and Blaise? Did Bermuda quit with Flarefox?

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
OMG. SO we have Battle Rouge vs. The New Orleanses vs. The Magical Unicorns. Well. Since we are on the topic, we should have it on labor day. Hopefully Ernesto takes a sharp turn right....not that I dont care about Florida, but some nice weather would be great for Labor day weekend. All we need is a place to smash and Im sure we can set up Power Rankings since most of the major Smashers in Louisiana should be able to come.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
XD

Nice **** with the banner Cyphus.

Now I'm pressured to make one too eh . . .

>_> Tips? Software? etc?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i use paint.
photoshop is for n00bs.

Since me and lee are at this point where our favorites are no longer are bests.
we've decided to just put our 'most-skilled' characters.
Although in a tournament where it matters i'd be prone to use Falco and possibly Ice as well, in addition to Lee using Sheik, Jigs, and Fox.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Noodle? I remeber last year we were all impressed with your crazy technical skills, but you lacked tournament experience to predict stuff. Have you still been playing this game any? It'd be sexy if your surprised us all again =)
If i warm up, i can do fox's infinite too now ;D

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone mind making plans for Labor Day? I don't mean we have to perfect everything right now, but it's coming up. I had a premonition (did I spell that right?) that we just talked about it for weeks and when Labor Day came, we still didn't have a place to play. The dream ended with me riding a Pegasus while the song Dreamweaver played in the background, but that's neither here nor there. Plans 4 life.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Since Labor day is on Monday I was kinda hoping to have it on Saturday or Sunday, I got a 4 hour druve back up to Monroe that day. I f I can sweet talk the parents I might be able have a smash fest/ Tourny. Only problem is that only my mom has a house big enough and I don't think she'd be willing to let me pull that off.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

I'd rather not have a tourney happen on Monday. Weekend tourney seems like the most reasonable thing. Friday to Monday is open for me for all who care.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
well..i was under the impression LA was going to go to that FL tourney Oct. 7th. Is taht the labor day weekend?

hm...i'm awesome.

Sudai

Stuff here
I talked to my friend about having a smashfest/tournament at his guest house on Labor Day Saturday and his exact words: "Ask me in a few days, my mom is kinda pissed at you for breaking that door..."

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
well..i was under the impression LA was going to go to that FL tourney Oct. 7th. Is taht the labor day weekend?

hm...i'm awesome.
Labor day is in September, as in next week. Cyphus my birthday is on July 12th...We have two day happy happy birthday party smash fun time for life on July 11-12. Remember that.

Also I just remembered. Eet, that hookshot to my face was like....the gayest Link move I've ever seen yet it was so gotdam funny to see it happen.

fox masta

Smash Cadet
hey, so ya ummm just clearing it up, im not twally's brother. however, i do go to tourneys with twally and my bro. (well ive only been to one but we will always go together with each other and james "lush") but ya. back to BR vs New Orleans. but i actually have a better idea....what about a Smash Bros Draft???? hmmmm??? anyone??? we can hold a tourney and the top 2 people become the leaders of each team and then the draft begins... we can do like 40 stock for each team.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
that sounds good to me.
Just the 2 best players there, take turns building their own team?

That actually sounds like alot of fun.

EXCEPT FOR WHOEVER GETS PICKED LAST!! LMAO!!!!!!!!XDXDXDXDXD

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
eet's gonna get picked last, and I'm gonna laugh, then I'll realize that I didn't even get picked, then I'll go home and play my brother and beat him and feel better about myself, then I'll stop using run-on sentences/start using conjunctions/ start writing out "going to" instead of gonna. By the way, there'll be no "Great Melee Draft" if we don't get a place to play. I know I sound a little redundant (spell check?) but I'm starting to get a little nervous. We don't have a plan, we don't have a backup plan, and we can't rely on Sudai when he doesn't even know if we can play there or not. BR 4 life.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
iceman = funniest LA poster.

in fact, he's the funniest poster, twice!

either way....i'm awesome.

twally

Smash Apprentice
wow mo. i think that smash bros draft thing is the smartest thing i have ever heard come out of your mouth even though you typed it instead of saying it. i'm impressed. there is more worth to you than you let on. sounds like a plan to me!

me

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Well Um...Not that it pertains to Labor day but I've started a club for BRCC. The Anime and Gaming Interest Club.....Um...I should be able to have smash tournaments here soon after I buy the cube and the game for the club. Should be roflrific. Our nickname is the SOS Brigade.....I love you Haruhi << >>

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait til friggin Brawl comes out so we don't have to wait around to find a place to play. Online Smash 4 life.
How much is it to rent out the rooms in the theaters like Citiplace or Tinseltown (spelling?)? I know it can be done, and I think that would be one of the highest points of my life to play Melee on the big screen.

Sudai

Stuff here
So yeah, I just spent all day at taco hut/target/a pet store (the girls wanted to go play with puppies...and you know how that is >.>) I really doubt we'll be able to do anything labor day weekend though since we went to the guest house after without telling my friend's mom and she got really pissed..so yeah. 20% chance we can do it there. :/

Top Bottom